🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So cvs is going to stop selling tobacco

Who do YOU think should control what products businesses sell?

I wasn't referring to businesses. I was referring to ecig bans being done by governments.

Funny how you throw a limp wristed fit when a business doesn't support a cause you like. Remember when bakers refuse to make gay wedding cakes? I recall you libs throwing the biggest limp wristed fits of all time, saying businesses shouldn't have the right to do that.

You didn't answer the question but I'll let you off the hook.

Sorry, I didn't know that government forced either CVS or a baker to act against their will. Link, please.

I was also unaware that government has banned e-cigarettes. I thought that some have banned their use at indoor places where people gather but of course, you would be in favor of people having the freedom to avoid e cigarettes just as smokers should have the freedom to smoke.

And of course, saying that something is banned is completely different than banning a thing in a particular place, right?

Banning e-cigarettes because of the water vapor makes as much sense as banning the vapor people emit when it's freezing. It's the same kind of water vapor.

Maybe CVS is clearing the shelves of cigarettes so when marijuana becomes legal they have a place to put it. How awesome would that be! After school kids can come get their flu shot, buy some candy and marijuana for the family.

Katzndogz

she thinks a lot of strange things......like if you smoke Pot occasionally.....you are an addict....what else can you be?....

I missed that. Will someone please link to the post where I said anything about same sex wedding cards.

People who use pot occasionally are drug addicts and should be shot on sight. There. That's what a statement looks like.

old people like you who have their heads up their asses should be first....how about that?...

I wasn't referring to businesses. I was referring to ecig bans being done by governments.

Funny how you throw a limp wristed fit when a business doesn't support a cause you like. Remember when bakers refuse to make gay wedding cakes? I recall you libs throwing the biggest limp wristed fits of all time, saying businesses shouldn't have the right to do that.

Sorry, I didn't know that government forced either CVS or a baker to act against their will. Link, please.

I was also unaware that government has banned e-cigarettes. I thought that some have banned their use at indoor places where people gather but of course, you would be in favor of people having the freedom to avoid e cigarettes just as smokers should have the freedom to smoke.

And of course, saying that something is banned is completely different than banning a thing in a particular place, right?

Banning e-cigarettes because of the water vapor makes as much sense as banning the vapor people emit when it's freezing. It's the same kind of water vapor.

but wait.....should not Cigarette addicts be shot along with those nasty pot heads?...

As usual, hiding behind changing the subject.

And, as usual, wrong.

FDA: Second-hand smoke from e-cigarettes may be harmful to your health | Lifestyle | GMA News Online

... "If several people are using e-cigarettes in a room at the same time, considerable indoor air pollution will accumulate and may result to harmful second-hand exposure," it added.

FDA cited studies showing these "ultrafine liquid particles" measuring less than 2.5 micrometer in diameter may penetrate deeply into the lungs.

Also, the FDA said such ultrafine particles could be inhaled by non-users especially when used indoors.

"Second-hand exposure to e-cigarette emission which may lead to adverse health effects cannot be excluded," it said.

The FDA also cited a German publication on electronic cigarettes showing:

besides glycol, the main ingredient, nicotine, flavors, tobacco-specific nitrosamines, volatile organic compounds, acetone, form aldehyde, acetaldehyde, benzo(a)pyrene as well as silicate and various metal particles are present
the particle size is between 100 and 600 nanometers, which is comparable to the particle size found in tobacco smoke of conventional cigarettes...

Since you'll try to hide behind an objection to the site, here's two more -

Electronic Cigarettes - no-smoke.org

Smoke from E-Cigs Still Poses Some Second-Hand Risk | TIME.com

Bottom line is, you do not have the right to force me to share your vice.

Its their choice

No big impact on smokers. They will just buy their smokes elsewhere

but wait.....should not Cigarette addicts be shot along with those nasty pot heads?...

Uh, no ... e-cigs are basically an effective delivery system for an addictive drug and, apparently, that's a good thing.

old people like you who have their heads up their asses should be first....how about that?...

I don't know how old Katzen-lawyer-doctor-dog-groomer-liar is, but not all old people are narrow minded and backward idiots.

And, as usual, wrong.

FDA: Second-hand smoke from e-cigarettes may be harmful to your health | Lifestyle | GMA News Online

... "If several people are using e-cigarettes in a room at the same time, considerable indoor air pollution will accumulate and may result to harmful second-hand exposure," it added.

FDA cited studies showing these "ultrafine liquid particles" measuring less than 2.5 micrometer in diameter may penetrate deeply into the lungs.

Also, the FDA said such ultrafine particles could be inhaled by non-users especially when used indoors.

"Second-hand exposure to e-cigarette emission which may lead to adverse health effects cannot be excluded," it said.

besides glycol, the main ingredient, nicotine, flavors, tobacco-specific nitrosamines, volatile organic compounds, acetone, form aldehyde, acetaldehyde, benzo(a)pyrene as well as silicate and various metal particles are present
the particle size is between 100 and 600 nanometers, which is comparable to the particle size found in tobacco smoke of conventional cigarettes...

There is no smoke in e-cigs, you fucking mental midget.

How can you be this stupid, and not even realize it?

And, as usual, wrong.

There is no smoke in e-cigs, you fucking mental midget.

How can you be this stupid, and not even realize it?

he/she/it does not understand how vapor differs from the smoke.

seriously, you are talking to the leftard - what do you expect - knowledge of physics?

As smokers can't smoke inside a CVS, all CVS is doing is driving customers who smoke to Walgreens.

It's there prerogative, but a rather silly business decision, imo.

Exactly. So what? Who are you to tell CVS what they can or cannot sell in their stores?

Looks like Rite Aid is about to collect a whole bunch of new customers.

Rite-Aid will be the next to ban cigarette sales, and I don't care.

I didn't know until recently that CVS even sold cigarettes. As a smoker, any store selling smokes is convenient, but it won't effect me negatively in any way. I just bought cigarettes at CVS today, but could have bought them at dozens of other stores within close proximity, and for the same price. In the court of public opinion this will be a positive for CVS. Even as a smoker, something about a pharmacy selling cigarettes seems strange.

Uh, no ... e-cigs are basically an effective delivery system for an addictive drug and, apparently, that's a good thing.

I don't know how old Katzen-lawyer-doctor-dog-groomer-liar is, but not all old people are narrow minded and backward idiots.

you have seen her tell her "tales" too i take it?.....

CVS obviously has a right to do as they please, but if i'm a shareholder I'm disappointed they're not looking out for my best interest.

I don't understand your question.

It is their business. Who cares what they decide to sell or not to sell.

THIS!

CVS decided they didn't want to sell tobacco any more. Sounds like a solid decision for a company in the health business. Doesn't mean they have to quit selling everything that isn't medicine & healthful.

Its probably the simple fact that declining demand coupled with smaller margins due to taxes made it unprofitable.

I can still get my real stogies from cigar shop, and the cheap ones for "other" uses at a bodega

No it is the fact they have been trying to break into the healthcare business for years. You make a lot more money ripping people off for medical services than selling Marlboros.

Okay, someone needs to explain to me why this is such big deal. A store that is known for (in general) health decided it didn't want to sell cigarettes any more. If it also decides not to sell candy bars or mayonnaise for the same reason, that's their call. I'm sure that they'll weigh the business risks of doing so before they make a final decision.

I don't see the heavy hand of government in this. As virulently as I'm against the behaviors of Our Great & Glorious Leaders in Central Planning, this was a private decision made by a corporation. Plenty of other places sell cigs.

Forum List

Back