So Flake wants a week long FBI investigation

Republicans surely know the out come if the FBI is allowed to investigate. All that is going to happen is after a week whatever comes out Flake will be pressured once again by the democrats to say something along the lines of with this new information I think we need to postpone the vote for more time, or with this new information I can't vote for Kavanaugh. It's nothing but further stalling and going in circles accomplishing nothing.
Flake said it isn't so much to get more info as to extinguish the complaints from the Democrats that an investigation wasn't done.

Why does that even matter? They have all said before the allegations they would not vote for him, so who gives a fuck if they have some complaints?

This is a delaying tactic, delay till after the election and then they will delay again till the new senators are seated in Jan.

They should have voted last week and told the Dems to go fuck themselves

Excellent - We may be able to peel off Murkowski and Collins with this one too if McTurtle decides to be stupid!
Jeff Flake calls for delay of full Kavanaugh vote and FBI investigation of allegations
I remember right at the beginning of this, I think Senator Collins thought an investigation would be sensible. Then she stopped talking about it. I think she probably will be glad to get whatever additional information they can provide. She is receiving ENORMOUS pressure from both sides. They say you can't get near her office, the protesters are so thick.

Why are the Republicans worried about what the Democrats think?

When the Democrats could care less about Republicans concerning anything.

I detest these RINO Republicans with a passion. .... :mad-61:
no body is doing it for the Democrats, though it is being claimed...

it's other republicans that want it before voting, and in order to get yes votes from all republicans, they have to do it... if they get a yes vote for kavanaugh from all republicans, then kavanaugh will be the next justice without a single democratic vote needed.

Here's the thing: None of the alleged witnesses are obligated to speak to the FBI.

Having witnessed the debacle the Democrats created, would you talk to them? I sure wouldn't.

Republicans surely know the out come if the FBI is allowed to investigate. All that is going to happen is after a week whatever comes out Flake will be pressured once again by the democrats to say something along the lines of with this new information I think we need to postpone the vote for more time, or with this new information I can't vote for Kavanaugh. It's nothing but further stalling and going in circles accomplishing nothing.
A lying strict constructionist who was a boozing teen who molested teenaged girls is still better on the SCOTUS than Ginsberg.

Can't make this ^ stuff up folks :rolleyes:

Flake said it isn't so much to get more info as to extinguish the complaints from the Democrats that an investigation wasn't done.

Sooo, all the other investigations that were done on Kavanaugh didn't count? Is this like a do-over?

All the other investigations were unrelated to the current charges. When you find out something new, you REOPEN an investigation -
Tough concept for you Orangelings though .. we understand.

Right the FBI wasn't competent to find all this new information

Why does that even matter? They have all said before the allegations they would not vote for him, so who gives a fuck if they have some complaints?
You would have to ask Senator Flake why he cares about half of the country's voters. Something to do with divisiveness, he says...

The DEMs are trying to hold out until the November elections when they hope to regain control of the House and possibly the Senate as well.

Prof Ford may have helped them to do this.

If all the female voters react again now like they did in response to Anita Hill then GOP control is dead, except for Trump in The White House and Roberts in the SCOTUS.

If an investigation takes place in which ALL noted individuals are questioned, locations are documented & confirmed, and the investigation is actually pursued in a professional & non-partisan fashion, I believe valuable information can be gleaned.

You would have to ask Senator Flake why he cares about half of the country's voters. Something to do with divisiveness, he says...

What is more divisive than unprovable allegations that were held on to for more than a month and then trotted out at just the right time to delay things till the new year?

FBI has alrdy said there is nothing to investigate.
No, they never said that. They filed the information with the note that the file is closed. It was up to the President to request they reopen the background check; the WH is their client on this.

True, they also said it was a LOCAL matter to investigate...…..

Why do the Democrats ignore this completely?

The Statute of Limitations on Rape and Sexual Assaults in state of Maryland NEVER expires, thus Dr. Ford for at least the last 6 years could have sued him or ask the County Prosecutor examine her allegations against him.

Why didn't she do it?

If an investigation takes place in which ALL noted individuals are questioned, locations are documented & confirmed, and the investigation is actually pursued in a professional & non-partisan fashion, I believe valuable information can be gleaned.

How many Dems will vote for him after the investigation comes back negative?

And after this there will be zero devisivness.

How many Dems will vote for him after the investigation comes back negative?
At least 40.

As far as Flake is concerned, he can't get elected as a Republican, so he'll get a gold star for this when he switches parties.

5 key questions the Ford-Kavanaugh hearings left unanswered

Kavanaugh mocked the committee’s Democrats, who lack the power of subpoena, by telling them to go talk to Judge. When Sen. Patrick Leahy asked whether Bart O’Kavanaugh, a drunken character in Judge’s book, was meant to represent Brett Kavanaugh, the nominee passed the buck to his testimony-evading friend: “You’d have to ask him.”

:eusa_clap:

FBI has alrdy said there is nothing to investigate.
link to the FBI actually saying this, please.

Okay who is the FBI going to interview? There's nobody, all the people in involved have already testified under oath or in signed affidavits under penalty of perjury and prison.
i listed a few things in this post

They know the house address and the date now, from Kavanaugh's old calendar, July of 1982....

she said she was at the community/country club pool that day...they could find old records that have sign in sheets for guests/members and see if it is the same date on his calendar....

they could go to the address Kavanaugh listed that he had some brew-skis with his friends, and see if it matches with what she described about the house, the stairwell going up, the bathroom location, the size of the living room, the bedroom position to the stairwell and bathroom that she said she was pushed in to....

they can question Mark Judge, twice to see if his story matches up both times.... they could talk to others who knew Bret in high school and college and law school... and recent friends/local bars/ wife... interview those other accusers, follow up with any leads they may be able to give them....

they could get her therapist notes.... review them

there is an awful lot they can do to follow up on the new revelation... and I am not even an investigator and can come up with that.... though I love 'who done it', mystery books.... :D

Forum List

Back