So Flake wants a week long FBI investigation

So Flake wants a week long FBI investigation

Why? Dem's have already said they will impeach Kavanaugh if he's confirmed, an FBI investigation won't change that. Lets remember Dem's said they would vote no on Kavanaugh BEFORE the confirmation hearings even began.

Flake's political career is toast if he votes no on Kavanaugh, he'd have to join the Dem party.

It appears he is preparing for that very future.

I repeat again, and I'm just a dumb Canadians as one of you suggested doesn't understand the process. Which I felt might be true, but now I stand as I stated.

You will have a judge in 2019 AFTER the Mid-Terms, one that the Democrats choose...Grassley and others were played with one of the most important issues of your nation.

it's other republicans that want it before voting, and in order to get yes votes from all republicans, they have to do it... if they get a yes vote for kavanaugh from all republicans, then kavanaugh will be the next justice without a single democratic vote needed.
This just gives the Dem's another week to come up with more nonsense to further delay the vote.

The Dem's end game is to keep delaying the vote until after the elections in the hope they will win enough seats to get control, and put their own nominee on the Supreme Court. .... :cool:

The RINO can't get enough support from republicans to run for another term so he is going to retire. He has nothing to lose now so he is out of the political closet and doing everything he can to derail the GOP agenda.

Republicans surely know the out come if the FBI is allowed to investigate. All that is going to happen is after a week whatever comes out Flake will be pressured once again by the democrats to say something along the lines of with this new information I think we need to postpone the vote for more time, or with this new information I can't vote for Kavanaugh. It's nothing but further stalling and going in circles accomplishing nothing.
Flake said it isn't so much to get more info as to extinguish the complaints from the Democrats that an investigation wasn't done.

Sooo, all the other investigations that were done on Kavanaugh didn't count? Is this like a do-over?

All the other investigations were unrelated to the current charges. When you find out something new, you REOPEN an investigation -
Tough concept for you Orangelings though .. we understand.

Right the FBI wasn't competent to find all this new information

Don't be Goofy - No, they cannot talk to everyone and know everything.

Here's the thing: None of the alleged witnesses are obligated to speak to the FBI.

Having witnessed the debacle the Democrats created, would you talk to them? I sure wouldn't.

What smelly crack did you pull this one from? They can simply show up with a subpoena.
Flake just said the FBI cannot force anyone to talk to them.
Thanks for admitting you didn’t watch him say this at the Judicial Hearing.

`
"When the FBI conducts a background investigation of a presidential nominee [Kavanaugh], it vacuums up all kinds of information about the nominee, including claims from people interviewed by agents, and dumps it into the file. It does not, however, investigate whether or not derogatory information is true — unless it's asked to follow up by the White House." - Source
`
So sad when so many people are absolutely clueless on how this process works.

Republicans surely know the out come if the FBI is allowed to investigate. All that is going to happen is after a week whatever comes out Flake will be pressured once again by the democrats to say something along the lines of with this new information I think we need to postpone the vote for more time, or with this new information I can't vote for Kavanaugh. It's nothing but further stalling and going in circles accomplishing nothing.

If an investigation takes place in which ALL noted individuals are questioned, locations are documented & confirmed, and the investigation is actually pursued in a professional & non-partisan fashion, I believe valuable information can be gleaned.

How many Dems will vote for him after the investigation comes back negative?

put the cart before the horse much?

it's other republicans that want it before voting, and in order to get yes votes from all republicans, they have to do it... if they get a yes vote for kavanaugh from all republicans, then kavanaugh will be the next justice without a single democratic vote needed.
This just gives the Dem's another week to come up with more nonsense to further delay the vote.

The Dem's end game is to keep delaying the vote until after the elections in the hope they will win enough seats to get control, and put their own nominee on the Supreme Court. .... :cool:

That's a brilliant idea - how did you know? I mean, it's not like Mitch McTurtle didn't refuse to hold a hearing on Garland for almost a year because it was "too close to the election". What goes around comes around.

If an investigation takes place in which ALL noted individuals are questioned, locations are documented & confirmed, and the investigation is actually pursued in a professional & non-partisan fashion, I believe valuable information can be gleaned.

it does not matter if they get a single Dem, as long as they get ALL republican Senators... this is about getting ALL Republicans in the Senate and not Democrat's vote.

right now they do not have all R's

Nope, not at all.

youre-missing-the-point-and-quite-a-few-brain-cells-5517907.png

Flake said it isn't so much to get more info as to extinguish the complaints from the Democrats that an investigation wasn't done.
It was the Demon-crats fault, but the crazies like flake don't realize that the demon-crats have set the republicans up, and he is now aiding and abedding those who would have his head on a platter if they could get away with it. He will never be friends with the Demon-crats, and they will use him like the weak idiot they think that he is in the situation.

5 key questions the Ford-Kavanaugh hearings left unanswered

Kavanaugh mocked the committee’s Democrats, who lack the power of subpoena, by telling them to go talk to Judge. When Sen. Patrick Leahy asked whether Bart O’Kavanaugh, a drunken character in Judge’s book, was meant to represent Brett Kavanaugh, the nominee passed the buck to his testimony-evading friend: “You’d have to ask him.”

:eusa_clap:

I am among other things a writer, and I often name characters after friends (with slight changes, of course), or enemies should I want to cast them to whatever form of scenic literary hell I devise.

It's a common practice.

That's a brilliant idea - how did you know? I mean, it's not like Mitch McTurtle didn't refuse to hold a hearing on Garland for almost a year because it was "too close to the election". What goes around comes around.

Not holding a hearing does not equate to ruining a man's life with unprovable accusations from 35ish years ago, since she cannot even remember when it happened.

Excellent - We may be able to peel off Murkowski and Collins with this one too if McTurtle decides to be stupid!
Jeff Flake calls for delay of full Kavanaugh vote and FBI investigation of allegations
I remember right at the beginning of this, I think Senator Collins thought an investigation would be sensible. Then she stopped talking about it. I think she probably will be glad to get whatever additional information they can provide. She is receiving ENORMOUS pressure from both sides. They say you can't get near her office, the protesters are so thick.

1. Waiting for a week for the FBI investigate will not turn up any additional information, other than some asshole coming out of the woodwork with another baseless allegation. I do not understand how any sane person can think otherwise, the Senate investigators have already put everybody involved under oath with the penalty of perjury, so if anybody changes their story then they're going to jail. This is nothing more than another delaying tactic.

2. Collins and Murkowski and Flake and others are going to continue to receive enormous pressure until the confirmation vote is over, one way or another. Extending the vote does nothing but extend the time all these protesters will be banging on her door and threatening her staff. And it means leaving Kavanaugh twisting in the wind for that much longer. You tell me, do you think after the week is up the Dems will not try some other delaying tactic, who knows what? Another allegation, another complaint about something, whatever.

3. It's past time to end this despicable bullshit. The truth is that the Dems aren't going to like it any better in a week from now than they do today. Giving the FBI another shot at it will not matter, they'll want to give the FBI more time and delay the process as long as they can. NO. End this crap, no more delays.

It's just talk, there's nothing to investigate. He's bowing down to snowflakes, and should be held accountable for a waste time and money for appearances D.C.

Here's the thing: None of the alleged witnesses are obligated to speak to the FBI.

Having witnessed the debacle the Democrats created, would you talk to them? I sure wouldn't.

What smelly crack did you pull this one from? They can simply show up with a subpoena.

http://www.dallascriminalattorney.pro/blog/what-to-do-if-the-fbi-contacts-you/

Correct - but if they show up with a subpoena and take you in -
You may be entitled to have your attorney present, but they WILL be talking to you.
They have many ways of legally applying pressure.
Don't lie

Nope, not at all.

youre-missing-the-point-and-quite-a-few-brain-cells-5517907.png

well Bugs, I know where you can stick that carrot

Why does that even matter? They have all said before the allegations they would not vote for him, so who gives a fuck if they have some complaints?
You would have to ask Senator Flake why he cares about half of the country's voters. Something to do with divisiveness, he says...

What is more divisive than unprovable allegations that were held on to for more than a month and then trotted out at just the right time to delay things till the new year?
Why do you keep asking ME?
As for the delay, it didn't bother you to delay filling Scalia's seat for a year. So what's the big rush?

Forum List

Back