So Flake wants a week long FBI investigation

Republicans surely know the out come if the FBI is allowed to investigate. All that is going to happen is after a week whatever comes out Flake will be pressured once again by the democrats to say something along the lines of with this new information I think we need to postpone the vote for more time, or with this new information I can't vote for Kavanaugh. It's nothing but further stalling and going in circles accomplishing nothing.

If an investigation takes place in which ALL noted individuals are questioned, locations are documented & confirmed, and the investigation is actually pursued in a professional & non-partisan fashion, I believe valuable information can be gleaned.

How many Dems will vote for him after the investigation comes back negative?

The same number that will vote for him tomorrow.

Republicans surely know the out come if the FBI is allowed to investigate. All that is going to happen is after a week whatever comes out Flake will be pressured once again by the democrats to say something along the lines of with this new information I think we need to postpone the vote for more time, or with this new information I can't vote for Kavanaugh. It's nothing but further stalling and going in circles accomplishing nothing.
Flake said it isn't so much to get more info as to extinguish the complaints from the Democrats that an investigation wasn't done.
The ABA, whose endorsement Kavanaugh flaunted, has renounced their endorsement and demanded an investigation into the multiple accusations which have arisen since their endorsement.

Yale buddies dispute Kavanaugh's entire representation of himself.
I thought he tried to come off too fucking perfect, too.

Kavanaugh's Yale classmates take issue with his 'choir boy' self-presentation on Fox News

And he's got a gambling problem, too.

Does Brett Kavanaugh have a gambling problem? Sen. Sheldon Whitehou...

Kavanaugh's Washington Nationals tickets have attracted particular notice, since they amounted to between $60,000 and $200,000 of his credit card and personal debts in 2016,........ no senators had asked Kavanaugh about that particular eyebrow-raising aspect of his financial background because there wasn't enough time."""

Flake said it isn't so much to get more info as to extinguish the complaints from the Democrats that an investigation wasn't done.

Why does that even matter? They have all said before the allegations they would not vote for him, so who gives a fuck if they have some complaints?
You would have to ask Senator Flake why he cares about half of the country's voters. Something to do with divisiveness, he says...
And after this there will be zero devisivness.
Actually, I think what Care4All said is more likely--Flake spent a lot of time "consulting" with other Repubs behind closed doors and it is most likely that they ALL wanted an investigation. Not that they think it will amount to much (and it probably won't) but they may be thinking of the history books, too. Shutting down an investigation into a Supreme Court nominee under any circumstances, let alone circumstances like this, looks REALLY bad. Really bad.

Kavanaugh's Yale classmates take issue with his 'choir boy' self-presentation on Fox News

Kavanaugh's Washington Nationals tickets have attracted particular notice, since they amounted to between $60,000 and $200,000 of his credit card and personal debts in 2016,........ no senators had asked Kavanaugh about that particular eyebrow-raising aspect of his financial background because there wasn't enough time."""

I guess since the sexual assault did not stick, now you will paint him with a gambling problem.

What's next after that fails?

The ABA, whose endorsement Kavanaugh flaunted, has renounced their endorsement and demanded an investigation into the multiple accusations which have arisen since their endorsement.

Obama called.

Why does that even matter? They have all said before the allegations they would not vote for him, so who gives a fuck if they have some complaints?
You would have to ask Senator Flake why he cares about half of the country's voters. Something to do with divisiveness, he says...
Actually, I think what Care4All said is more likely--Flake spent a lot of time "consulting" with other Repubs behind closed doors and it is most likely that they ALL wanted an investigation. Not that they think it will amount to much (and it probably won't) but they may be thinking of the history books, too. Shutting down an investigation into a Supreme Court nominee under any circumstances, let alone circumstances like this, looks REALLY bad. Really bad.
And they may be thinking of their women voters. An important group, folks.

I don't remember any pseudocons screaming in protest about Comey reopening the Clinton investigation when new information came to light just weeks before an election.

Does anyone?

That's the reality. The haters won't accept any result that doesn't give them Kavanaugh's head on a platter. The FBI reports nothing was found and does anyone really think they'll just say, "oh well, it was a good try. Guess we'll confirm him"?

Oh heck no. They'll first insist the FBI didn't dig deep enough and need to take a lot longer, then there will be calls for a special counsel and on the circus goes.

I guess since the sexual assault did not stick, now you will paint him with a gambling problem.

Sorry you posted a lie about what she could remember about the attack and got called out on it.
Facts must be a challenge for you.
I didn't accuse him of gambling. Whitehouse did.
I report. You make shit up.

So, all that has to happen in the future is to have a series of people ready to come forward with allegations. Once the first one is investigated ,then the second one suddenly appears and they start all over again.

Congrats, we have just become a banana republic.

Kicking puppies.
Eating babies.
Untoward behavior with goats.

Sky's the limit.

Only a conservative would consider learning the facts and truth "accomplishing nothing."

Only a partisan dullard would consider that an FBI investigation would find facts and truth in a thirty six year old case such as this. They don't know where it happened, when it happened, or who all might have been involved. Of course, they may use their magic powers and jump a couple of tall buildings.

As far as Flake is concerned, he can't get elected as a Republican, so he'll get a gold star for this when he switches parties.
Flake announced a year ago he is not running for re-election. He's retiring.

it's other republicans that want it before voting, and in order to get yes votes from all republicans, they have to do it... if they get a yes vote for kavanaugh from all republicans, then kavanaugh will be the next justice without a single democratic vote needed.
This just gives the Dem's another week to come up with more nonsense to further delay the vote.

The Dem's end game is to keep delaying the vote until after the elections in the hope they will win enough seats to get control, and put their own nominee on the Supreme Court. .... :cool:
Senator Flake is not a Dem.

Sorry you posted a lie about what she could remember about the attack and got called out on it.
Facts must be a challenge for you.
I didn't accuse him of gambling. Whitehouse did.
I report. You make shit up.

I did not post a lie, I was unaware that she found that bit of her memory.

Flake is obviously a rookie and hasn't learned yet that the leftist jackals will stab him in the back later on down the road. They're playing nicey nice now and he thinks he's making bipartisan friends. He'll learn.

Flake is retiring, he could not give a shit.
If he didn't give a shit he wouldn't have given in. He may be retiring from the Senate, but he's not retiring from politics.

I hope for this:

I hope there's a woman, just like in the Cosby case, that has material evidence of a sexual assault by Kavanaughty that is within the statute of limitations, and she's sitting on it, waiting for him to be confirmed.
Then she goes public and hires an attorney.
That would be sweet, seeing this alcoholic liar getting impeached.

Forum List

Back