So Flake wants a week long FBI investigation

Yale buddies dispute Kavanaugh's entire representation of himself.
I thought he tried to come off too fucking perfect, too.

Kavanaugh's Yale classmates take issue with his 'choir boy' self-presentation on Fox News

And he's got a gambling problem, too.

Does Brett Kavanaugh have a gambling problem? Sen. Sheldon Whitehou...

Kavanaugh's Washington Nationals tickets have attracted particular notice, since they amounted to between $60,000 and $200,000 of his credit card and personal debts in 2016,........ no senators had asked Kavanaugh about that particular eyebrow-raising aspect of his financial background because there wasn't enough time."""

I guess since the sexual assault did not stick, now you will paint him with a gambling problem.

What's next after that fails?

Sorry you posted a lie about what she could remember about the attack and got called out on it.
Facts must be a challenge for you.
I didn't accuse him of gambling. Whitehouse did.
I report. You make shit up.

I did not post a lie, I was unaware that she found that bit of her memory.

Still...

how long before she remembers the date....

a month? 6 months?

and the address it 'happened'?

a year? 5 years?
Tonight.

Republicans surely know the out come if the FBI is allowed to investigate. All that is going to happen is after a week whatever comes out Flake will be pressured once again by the democrats to say something along the lines of with this new information I think we need to postpone the vote for more time, or with this new information I can't vote for Kavanaugh. It's nothing but further stalling and going in circles accomplishing nothing.

No. They gave Flake a courtesy call....they have another accuser in the pipeline and they are allowing him the cover of calling for another week of FBI crap.....you can bet on it.

Mitch McConnell needs to call the vote. This is vile, and disgusting....Flake has no honor and is a coward. Anyone who votes for a democrat is a vile human being.

No. Continue with the vote.
Allowing the Democrats yet another concession in a never ending string of concessions is ludicrous.
The FBI has already done their investigation.
This delay will result in a better turn out for Democrats and a better chance that after the elections, none of Trumps nominations will get confirmed.
A delay will have the additional benefit to the Dems of getting their RINOS elected whereas if the vote is now, people will be pissed at those senators voting against kavanaugh and remove them in November.

If Kavanaugh fails confirmation, the Right will be enraged and the voter turn out will be better in November, hopefully taking more seats in Congress and assuring no obstructions after the elections.

AFAIK, there is nothing saying Kavanaugh could not be nominated again AFTER the elections.
Or worst case, Trump can choose one of the further right wing nominee candidates.

The war we are in is a matter of who sits on the Supreme Court.
Delay ONLY helps the Dems regardless of the vote on Kavanaugh.

Oh well, this will set a new precident. I hope you Democrats are ready for your new future. Every politician now needs to be held liable for whatever They did as a teenager. I'm pretty sure B Clinton never would have made it as president under that scrutiny.
Only if they're republicans. A democrat nominee will not have to go through this.

Kavanaugh's Yale classmates take issue with his 'choir boy' self-presentation on Fox News

Kavanaugh's Washington Nationals tickets have attracted particular notice, since they amounted to between $60,000 and $200,000 of his credit card and personal debts in 2016,........ no senators had asked Kavanaugh about that particular eyebrow-raising aspect of his financial background because there wasn't enough time."""

I guess since the sexual assault did not stick, now you will paint him with a gambling problem.

Sorry you posted a lie about what she could remember about the attack and got called out on it.

Still...

a month? 6 months?

a year? 5 years?
Tonight.

They now have his calendar to go over, so they are going to pick a date he can't explain when they train the new fake accuser ...... She will be able to name a date he can't cover....

Republicans surely know the out come if the FBI is allowed to investigate. All that is going to happen is after a week whatever comes out Flake will be pressured once again by the democrats to say something along the lines of with this new information I think we need to postpone the vote for more time, or with this new information I can't vote for Kavanaugh. It's nothing but further stalling and going in circles accomplishing nothing.

If an investigation takes place in which ALL noted individuals are questioned, locations are documented & confirmed, and the investigation is actually pursued in a professional & non-partisan fashion, I believe valuable information can be gleaned.

Would a single democrat be changed no matter what results were reported? If not, why do it when the truth won't matter?

I don't have that answer; I'm not a Senator.

The truth WILL matter, no matter if Kavanaugh is approved, or not.
Someone committed perjury in that Senate committee yesterday; either Ford, or Kavanaugh.
Which ever one was LYING needs to be held to account, and prosecuted; period.

Flake is obviously a rookie and hasn't learned yet that the leftist jackals will stab him in the back later on down the road. They're playing nicey nice now and he thinks he's making bipartisan friends. He'll learn.

Flake is retiring, he could not give a shit.
If he didn't give a shit he wouldn't have given in. He may be retiring from the Senate, but he's not retiring from politics.
Not everyone sees this as a tug of war. Why wouldn't everyone have wanted this to be investigated? Is it so insignificant? Sexual assault ain't nothin, huh?

Where does it end? Once they look into the Ford thing and it comes back empty, should they then have a different investigation into the 2nd lady and her bull shit story?

Then after that is done they have this person that Avenatti is keeping in reserve in case the first 2 fail.
My assumption is that the FBI will have the information from all 3 accusers to look into. But this is really doing it bass-ackwards. It should have been done already. So the Judiciary Committee will be throwing this information, if there is any, to the full Senate to review and make a decision on. Let's them off the hook, doesn't it?

No. Continue with the vote.
Allowing the Democrats yet another concession in a never ending string of concessions is ludicrous.
The FBI has already done their investigation.
This delay will result in a better turn out for Democrats and a better chance that after the elections, none of Trumps nominations will get confirmed.

If Kavanaugh fails confirmation, the Right will be enraged and the voter turn out will be better in November, hopefully taking more seats in Congress and assuring no obstructions after the elections.

AFAIK, there is nothing saying Kavanaugh could not be nominated again AFTER the elections.
Or worst case, Trump can choose one of the further right wing nominee candidates.

The war we are in is a matter of who sits on the Supreme Court.

Sorry......they gave Flake a courtesy....they have the next fake accuser to come out this weekend.....by allowing him to call for the FBI he gets cover, as does Murkowsky......they are vile human beings.

Flake is obviously a rookie and hasn't learned yet that the leftist jackals will stab him in the back later on down the road. They're playing nicey nice now and he thinks he's making bipartisan friends. He'll learn.

If he didn't give a shit he wouldn't have given in. He may be retiring from the Senate, but he's not retiring from politics.
Not everyone sees this as a tug of war. Why wouldn't everyone have wanted this to be investigated? Is it so insignificant? Sexual assault ain't nothin, huh?
It's been pointed out numerous times by republicans on the committee that the democrats sat on this letter since July. Why wasn't it investigated when Feinstein received the letter?
I'll bet you already know the answer to that.

I hope for this:

I hope there's a woman, just like in the Cosby case, that has material evidence of a sexual assault by Kavanaughty that is within the statute of limitations, and she's sitting on it, waiting for him to be confirmed.
Then she goes public and hires an attorney.
That would be sweet, seeing this alcoholic liar getting impeached.
Wow! Aren't you a ray of sunshine in a dismal world. Of course, we could also find that you drowned your firstborn in a coy pond and ate him for dinner.

Where does it end? Once they look into the Ford thing and it comes back empty, should they then have a different investigation into the 2nd lady and her bull shit story?

Then after that is done they have this person that Avenatti is keeping in reserve in case the first 2 fail.
My assumption is that the FBI will have the information from all 3 accusers to look into. But this is really doing it bass-ackwards. It should have been done already. So the Judiciary Committee will be throwing this information, if there is any, to the full Senate to review and make a decision on. Let's them off the hook, doesn't it?

Perhaps had the letter been presented when it was received then it could have been done. But that did not happen and to me that is the biggest sign that Ford is full of shit.

Still...

a month? 6 months?

a year? 5 years?

Just vote! There's nothing for the FBI to investigate!

They might prove K had a drinking problem.... perhaps he drank more than a six pack at one sitting. That will be enough

Drinking more than a six pack at one sitting while in college is enough for what? To show he was a normal college kid?

It will be enough for the Democrats to say he was a sloppy drunk or whatever else they want to say. I would say all they need is a technicality to say its probable he could have groped the girl while drunk

It's been pointed out numerous times by republicans on the committee that the democrats sat on this letter since July. Why wasn't it investigated when Feinstein received the letter?
I'll bet you already know the answer to that.

Because Feinstein held on to it till it could do the most damage. That is the surest sign this was never about sexual assault.

It was already done, 6 times. They had sworn statements under penalty of perjury and a felony conviction...... All the FBI would do is ask them, were you at the party...they will say no. But that won't be enough, the democrats will now demand that all the employees at the mini mart where Mark Judge work be interviewed, that all the Pool employees be interviewed, then the families...they now have Kavanughs timeline from his calendar so they will prepare the next fake allegations with knowledge of his movements....which they didn't have before...

this is disgusting, and that you buy into it shows you are foolish.

FBI has alrdy said there is nothing to investigate.
link to the FBI actually saying this, please.

Can the FBI investigate the allegation against Brett Kavanaugh?

For Democrats who rarely look deeply into links:

"And in this case, even assuming Ford's allegation to be true, there's no suggestion of a federal crime, quite apart from the statute of limitations issue. So the FBI has no independent authority to open a criminal investigation. Its only role here would be to re-open the Kavanaugh background investigation."

The FBI investigate mantra is just another attempt by leftists to delay the vote nothing more. There is one error in the quote however when the FBI says statute of Limitations ran out is false since the STATE Of Maryland says on Rape and Sex allegations, are PERMANTLY open to investigation/ prosecution.

I have pointed this out several times now only to be ignored by leftists here in the forum, why doesn't Dr. Ford in at least the last 6 years just SUE Judge Kavanaugh? or, request the County Prosecutor examine her allegations against Judge Kavanaugh, but she didn't do anything!

Why does that even matter? They have all said before the allegations they would not vote for him, so who gives a fuck if they have some complaints?
You would have to ask Senator Flake why he cares about half of the country's voters. Something to do with divisiveness, he says...
And after this there will be zero devisivness.
Actually, I think what Care4All said is more likely--Flake spent a lot of time "consulting" with other Repubs behind closed doors and it is most likely that they ALL wanted an investigation. Not that they think it will amount to much (and it probably won't) but they may be thinking of the history books, too. Shutting down an investigation into a Supreme Court nominee under any circumstances, let alone circumstances like this, looks REALLY bad. Really bad.

So, all that has to happen in the future is to have a series of people ready to come forward with allegations. Once the first one is investigated ,then the second one suddenly appears and they start all over again.

Congrats, we have just become a banana republic.
Actually, pseudocons are posting accusations about Hillary to this day. Every day.

We became a banana republic the day Trump said he would lock Hillary up if he won.

That's exactly what Third World shithole politicians do.

That is also why the Queen of the Arkansas mafia is not currently in jail for all of her crimes.

Forum List

Back