So Flake wants a week long FBI investigation

It was already done, 6 times. They had sworn statements under penalty of perjury and a felony conviction...... All the FBI would do is ask them, were you at the party...they will say no. But that won't be enough, the democrats will now demand that all the employees at the mini mart where Mark Judge work be interviewed, that all the Pool employees be interviewed, then the families...they now have Kavanughs timeline from his calendar so they will prepare the next fake allegations with knowledge of his movements....which they didn't have before...

this is disgusting, and that you buy into it shows you are foolish.

Meh. It shows she's a typical Democrat

Vote on Kavanaugh regardless.
This is chess and playing the Dems game is a bad move for Republicans.

I bet the democrats have warned their pet Republicans they have another fake accuser coming out...and they are giving them cover.....

Sheila Jackson Lee isn't even a member of the Senate, and I demand an investigation into what is in that envelope she gave the ding bat's attorney.

"Under oath, Christine Blasey Ford identified herself as a ‘research psychologist.’ But records indict this is a false statement under California law. Someone at Stanford University also appears to have caught the blunder and edited Ford’s faculty page."

Vote on Kavanaugh regardless.
This is chess and playing the Dems game is a bad move for Republicans.
I bet the democrats have warned their pet Republicans they have another fake accuser coming out...and they are giving them cover.....

At this point it doesn't matter.
They must look at the grander picture now.

Giving in to the Dems demands now is to give Dems what they want.

It's time to call the bluff and call the vote.

If they don't force those Senators who will vote no on Kavanaugh to play their hand before the elections, they can get elected.

The Dems have very carefully thought this through and are hoping the weak and scared Republicans will play into their game.

VOTE!!!!

Flake is retiring, he could not give a shit.
If he didn't give a shit he wouldn't have given in. He may be retiring from the Senate, but he's not retiring from politics.
Not everyone sees this as a tug of war. Why wouldn't everyone have wanted this to be investigated? Is it so insignificant? Sexual assault ain't nothin, huh?
It's been pointed out numerous times by republicans on the committee that the democrats sat on this letter since July. Why wasn't it investigated when Feinstein received the letter?
I'll bet you already know the answer to that.

Because Feinstein held on to it till it could do the most damage. That is the surest sign this was never about sexual assault.
Of course, and that's why there should not be any more investigations. The democrats had plenty of time to investigate. Screw 'em.

Kavanaugh Lied to the Judiciary Committee—Repeatedly

Kavanaugh made several false or widely contradicted statements about his use of alcohol. This is significant because Judge has admitted to drunken blackouts, which raises the possibility that Judge and Kavanaugh don’t remember what they did to Ford. During the hearing, Sen. Richard Blumenthal asked about Kavanaugh’s participation in a night of drunken revelry at Yale Law School. Kavanaugh assured Blumenthal, “I know exactly what happened the whole night.” Later, Booker asked Kavanaugh whether he had “never had gaps in memories, never had any losses whatsoever, never had foggy recollection about what happened” while drinking. Kavanaugh affirmed that he had never experienced such symptoms: “That’s what I said.” These statements contradict reports from several people who knew Kavanaugh. Liz Swisher, a friend from Yale, says she saw Kavanaugh drink a lot, stumble, and slur his words. “It’s not credible for him to say that he has had no memory lapses in the nights that he drank to excess,” she told the Washington Post.

>

Ford says Kavanaugh drunkenly pinned her down at a teen party, groped her, and tried to pull off her clothes. Ramirez says Kavanaugh stood next to her and dropped his pants when they were drinking with classmates at Yale. Is it possible that Kavanaugh did these things, even if he doesn’t remember them? Is there evidence that makes that scenario particularly plausible in his case? Are there steps that the Senate can and should take to investigate that possibility? The answer to all three questions is yes.

Let’s start with the culture of drinking and partying among Kavanaugh’s high school friends. Numerous peers and classmates have described a routine of “fake IDs,” “unchaperoned parties,” “binge drinking,” “flocking to the house of whoever’s parents were out of town to drink six-packs,” and “Georgetown Prep students engaging in sexual misconduct.” One of Kavanaugh’s teachers says, “The drinking was unbelievable.” A classmate of Ford says, “The boys were pretty brutal. They would do what they could to get you drunk, and do whatever they would try to do to you.” Other students have reported the same.

There was also a culture of booze among Kavanaugh’s college friends. Classmates say “heavy drinking was routine,” and “alcohol-fuelled parties” often led to gross sexual behavior. Kavanaugh’s fraternity loved to party and is remembered for “reviving a beer-drinking competition that college officials had banned from campus.” A photo taken during his frat years shows pledges marching with a flag made of bras and women’s underwear.

Kavanaugh was part of this culture. His friend Mark Judge, who is accused of collaborating in the alleged assault on Ford, has written books and articles that detail extensive drinking in their social circle. In his writings, Judge calls this group “Alcoholics Unanimous.” He describes their school, Georgetown Prep, as “swimming in alcohol.” He depicts house parties like the one at which Ford says she was assaulted. According to Judge, these were informal, unsupervised gatherings at which boys and girls from single-sex schools could party together whenever “someone’s parents were going away.” For boys, the goal was sex. Judge writes: “Most of the time everyone, including the girls, was drunk. If you could breathe and walk at the same time, you could hook up with someone.”

Judge specifically describes incidents in which he “blacked out” and later learned that he had done things he didn’t recall. In one case, he woke up “terrified of what I could have done during the blackout.” He frets, “I could have done anything and not know it—I could have murdered somebody.” In another case, a friend informed him that during an episode of which Judge had no memory, Judge had “tried to make it with one of the bridesmaids.” Judge pleaded with his friend: “Please tell me I didn’t hurt her.” Judge’s ex-girlfriend says he once told her how he and other boys used a drunk woman for sex. Judge denies that he did this. But in one of his books, he confesses that when he drank, “It was as though there was a different version of myself—Mr. Hyde—who had taken over my body, and I couldn’t stop him.”

Judge’s confessions about what he did while drunk—or believed he was capable of doing while drunk—are consistent with Ford’s account of what Judge and Kavanaugh did to her. Judge says he doesn’t remember any of it. Of course he doesn’t. That’s his pattern.

Kavanaugh’s Drinking Needs Investigating

>

When it came to alcohol consumption, his answers became vague and his frustration showed.

In some instances, when faced with questions related to drinking too much, many noticed that Kavanaugh appeared “defensive” and “evasive,” not providing direct answers or throwing questions back at the senators who asked them.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), for example, asked whether his drinking ever caused him to be unable to remember events, and he became insolent.

“You’re asking about blackout. I don’t know, have you?” he said.

1538076296-gettyimages-1041953750_1_.jpg

Republicans surely know the out come if the FBI is allowed to investigate. All that is going to happen is after a week whatever comes out Flake will be pressured once again by the democrats to say something along the lines of with this new information I think we need to postpone the vote for more time, or with this new information I can't vote for Kavanaugh. It's nothing but further stalling and going in circles accomplishing nothing.
Flake said it isn't so much to get more info as to extinguish the complaints from the Democrats that an investigation wasn't done.

Sooo, all the other investigations that were done on Kavanaugh didn't count? Is this like a do-over?

Which of the previous investigations included accusations of sexual assault?

All the ones for which there was credible evidence such a thing took place. Since there is still no credible evidence, there is no need for another one

The FBI will decide if the new evidence is credible. However, you are certainly allowed to give them your opinion.

Flake is obviously a rookie and hasn't learned yet that the leftist jackals will stab him in the back later on down the road. They're playing nicey nice now and he thinks he's making bipartisan friends. He'll learn.

If he didn't give a shit he wouldn't have given in. He may be retiring from the Senate, but he's not retiring from politics.
Not everyone sees this as a tug of war. Why wouldn't everyone have wanted this to be investigated? Is it so insignificant? Sexual assault ain't nothin, huh?
It's been pointed out numerous times by republicans on the committee that the democrats sat on this letter since July. Why wasn't it investigated when Feinstein received the letter?
I'll bet you already know the answer to that.
Yep, we all do, but not everyone is honest enough to admit it.

Republicans surely know the out come if the FBI is allowed to investigate. All that is going to happen is after a week whatever comes out Flake will be pressured once again by the democrats to say something along the lines of with this new information I think we need to postpone the vote for more time, or with this new information I can't vote for Kavanaugh. It's nothing but further stalling and going in circles accomplishing nothing.
Flake said it isn't so much to get more info as to extinguish the complaints from the Democrats that an investigation wasn't done.

Sooo, all the other investigations that were done on Kavanaugh didn't count? Is this like a do-over?

All the ones for which there was credible evidence such a thing took place. Since there is still no credible evidence, there is no need for another one

The FBI will decide if the new evidence is credible. However, you are certainly allowed to give them your opinion.
Why didn't democrats have the FBI investigate this when Feinstein received the letter in July?

Why are the Republicans worried about what the Democrats think?

When the Democrats could care less about Republicans concerning anything.

I detest these RINO Republicans with a passion. .... :mad-61:

Republicans don't care about what Democrats think. Evidently, a few of them care what their constituents think.
Rs are currently pissed at this capitulation.

Rs are constantly pissed at anything that puts the will of the country over what is good for their party.

What "evidence"?

Flake is obviously a rookie and hasn't learned yet that the leftist jackals will stab him in the back later on down the road. They're playing nicey nice now and he thinks he's making bipartisan friends. He'll learn.

The FBI is not magic, and has little to nothing to investigate. According to the accuser, five people, besides herself, were at the function where she was supposedly assaulted. The four named have no recollection of the party, let alone an attempted rape. The fifth individual is unknown. Do you really expect any of them to suddenly regain a memory when the FBI shows up>

Forum List

Back