So how did the Russian Flagship explode?

Well, if it was a cruise missile, it would seem as though they would have fired it a few weeks ago... I'm not sure how long the ship has been on station or whatever but I don't think anyone is sending them cruise missiles. Maybe...but I doubt it. If so, its good to see a NATO supplied cruise missile can do such damage. However, I think some common sense would tell anyone that this isn't the case.

Likely it was either a malfunction by an old ship or human error. The original ship (Moskva) was launched before the first space shuttle launch I think. Its probably not exactly the pride of their fleet. I hope.
That's a good analysis.

Ukraine claims they blew it up with cruise missiles. Russia says it was a munitions malfunction. So who is telling the truth?

We know the ship exploded. We know the crew abandoned ship. The question is why.

So Russian Cheerleaders and trolls. Which is it? Was the Russian Navy grossly incompetent? Was Ukraine brilliant in being able to target a warship well out of sight?

Why is your avatar the flag of a country that has de facto outlawed homosexuality? Do you really hate gays that much?

Ukraine claims they blew it up with cruise missiles. Russia says it was a munitions malfunction. So who is telling the truth?

We know the ship exploded. We know the crew abandoned ship. The question is why.

So Russian Cheerleaders and trolls. Which is it? Was the Russian Navy grossly incompetent? Was Ukraine brilliant in being able to target a warship well out of sight?
this event has all signs of Moscow military /navy collapse . A ship like that should have a high end air defense system in place and able to counter these kind of rockets. Yet another MAJOR humiliation of the Muscovite forces.

if there was no crew in the impact zone, it's quite likely everyone could have made it off

The odds of that being the case are slim to none. A missile fired at a ship is going to cause a catastrophic level of damage...

Then Russian Navy Incompetence is your choice…
So if Golden Horde decides to invade Odessa, their invasion force will most likely start rowing one hundred kilometers away from the beaches. In that case, they will reach shore after three days. That is if they are still lucky to make it to shore alive.

most possible This was carried out using the Neptune missile system... a Ukrainian built system, specifically to defend the coast.

Their version of the British Neptune ?
The Neptune is a Ukrainian-manufactured anti-ship missile, fired from shore to ship. It has a target range of approximately 290-300 kilometres. It's supposed to be set and launched from an 8×8 truck, and the flight path can be controlled by drones, according to defence reports.

Don't care one way or another, other than the fact that I bet it made for an awesome fireworks display.

Any time Russian shit blows up, I'm entertained.
the Ukrainians used a varation on the old B52/Harpoon tactic. there was a drone or drones that was/were drawing the attention of the anti-aircraft defenses while the missiles were inbound and skimming the wave tops. the missiles were Neptune sea skimmers launched from land. At least two missiles hit.

BELSAT ENGLISH 6 hours ago

According to Ukrainian presidential adviser Oleksiy Arestovych and Odesa governor Maksym Marchenko, on 13 April 2022, Ukrainian Armed Forces hit the Russian guided-missile cruiser Moskva with two Neptune anti-ship missiles. Ukraine, Turkey and Romania claim, that the cruiser sank as a result of the attack. Russia denies it and says that the ship is damaged, but is still afloat. At the very beginning of Russian military aggression, the cruiser was involved in the attack on the Ukrainian Snake Island.

Reports now coming in saying that the Moskva has now sunk to the bottom of the Black Sea. This is most likely the largest mass-casualty event that the Russian Armed Forces have suffered since Putin launched this war of aggression.

1649963469021.png

No, this is a KH-35 variant. Harpoonski. Ukraine made motors and other parts for KH-35.

Ukraine began developing this missile in 2013, but it got set aside and then revived in 2015. They started testing in 2016.

This missile battery was delivered to the Ukrainian Coastal Defense Artillery in March 2021. They've been training the crews and integrating it into their system for the past year.

The unit was officially declared active on April 3, this is the first use in combat.

Forum List

Back