So, I Saw The New Pinocchio On Disney Plus

Tom Hanks is stinking up the big screen alot lately. He played Col Tom Parker in the new Elvis movie....and he was a decrepit gambler that ruined Elvis's life.

I won't watch anything he does now. I was especially turned off when I saw the bald black fairy god mother.

I'm tired of this woke sh*t.
In the entertainment world, every hero must have a villain and Tom Hanks has proved he can be the the hero, villain, or anyone in between, although not always that successful. That is what being a great actor is all about. Many actors develop a screen persona that audiences love and they stick with it because it's easier acting and they can make a lot money, for example Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington, Harrison Ford, John Wayne, and James Stewart never venture far from the person audiences love. However, other actors such as Tom Hanks, Dustin Hoffman, Charlize Theron, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Edward Norton have chosen to take on challenging roles that requires they reinvent themselves over and over. These roles are more risky, and often don't pay as well as playing the same or nearly the same role that audiences love over and over.

And since everybody pretty much knows the story already I think it's safe to say that except for I wasn't thrilled about how they did the whole real boy thing at the end (it's not THAT much of a spoiler) but other than that I actually enjoyed it. :)
Actually was pretty good.

They didn't toss wokeness at you. Just stuck to the story. And no I do not consider it woke to race or gender swap characters when it isn't forced or insulting (here's looking at you female Pinhead).

Much better then the woke BS that MCU is tossing at you lately.

You are paying for Disney???

faint-girlfaint.gif
Better then paying for useless crap on cable or watching network TV (e.g. ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.). Rather pay for Netflix, Hulu, Disney, and HBO.

In the entertainment world, every hero must have a villain and Tom Hanks has proved he can be the the hero, villain, or anyone in between, although not always that successful. That is what being a great actor is all about. Many actors develop a screen persona that audiences love and they stick with it because it's easier acting and they can make a lot money, for example Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington, Harrison Ford, John Wayne, and James Stewart never venture far from the person audiences love. However, other actors such as Tom Hanks, Dustin Hoffman, Charlize Theron, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Edward Norton have chosen to take on challenging roles that requires they reinvent themselves over and over. These roles are more risky, and often don't pay as well as playing the same or nearly the same role that audiences love over and over.
Like him or not, Hanks is a world class actor. Damn near on his own level for the reasons you stated above.
The character in Road to Perdition, Terminal, News of the World etc. etc. etc. - these characters are completely different people. Nothing in common. Yet he is believable in every one of them. That is the mark of extraordinary acting ability.
His acting was good in Forrest Gump, but I never thought the "hesitant-almost stutter" voice was done well. Never liked that aspect of it.
And you mentioned Charlize Theron, absolutely. She can do any part she wants. In "Monster" .... holy cow!
theron.jpg

No one would know this was her. The makeup in this was flawless.

Forum List

Back