🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So if the GOP takes control of the house, what happens to the January 6th committee?

Sorry, don't get the attempted joke.
You indicated that you knew why "republic turned the offer down because the former president and supporters don't want any light shown on 1/6". You would have to be a mind reader to know that was the real reason.

You indicated that you knew why "republic turned the offer down because the former president and supporters don't want any light shown on 1/6". You would have to be a mind reader to know that was the real reason.
Don't have to be a mind reader, you just need to look at court filings, false claims of executive privilege and sycophant supporters.

Will the dems make a quick decision and convict Trump for whatever
And dissolve the committee so republicans can't "pollute" their kangaroo court

Will the GOP coop it, and turn it to their way of things. Which is what I would like to see. Uncover these undercover trouble makers and their chain of command. File charges against Michael Bird.

Or will it just go away.
It ought to just go away, but there are more than enough Stockholm syndrome GOPers who will want to keep it around. Optics I guess.

STFU and go read a book! I taught government off and on for 21 years and took lots of political science classes in college.

Here is the link again. You can read, I hope!

The United States, under its Constitution, is a federal, representative, democratic republic.
It’s a shame you didn’t get it. And still don’t. So instead of pontificating all about your incorrect understanding, it is you who would benefit by shitting the fuck up.

We are a Consriturional Republic.

Of course we have some elements of a democracy, but the point is that we intentionally placed barriers between the rule of the people and the making of laws. If you don’t get that, than I pity those you “taught.”.

It’s a shame you didn’t get it. And still don’t. So instead of pontificating all about your incorrect understanding, it is you who would benefit by shitting the fuck up.

We are a Consriturional Republic.

Of course we have some elements of a democracy, but the point is that we intentionally placed barriers between the rule of the people and the making of laws. If you don’t get that, than I pity those you “taught.”.
What about my source, fucktard? Can you not read?

What about my source, fucktard? Can you not read?
Hey, shit for brains:

You are citing to a congressional resolution about a book which, they imagined describes the US government. It makes a claim (one which you ignorantly believe is accurate) and you somehow think that it obliges anybody else to accept their error.

It doesn’t.

Put your unjustifiably massive ego on a back burner. Just because you’ve been informed that we are a representative “democracy” doesn’t mean we are. And we’re not.

Educate yourself.

If we were a democracy, there wouldn’t be an Electoral College. The candidate who gets the most popular votes would become the elected President. So, if we were intended to be a democracy, why did the Framers include an Electoral College? Don’t worry Commodore. It’s not a trick question.

Amongst all the separation of powers and the checks and balances such as the precepts of Federalism and tools such as the Electoral College, the Framers were busy putting into effect measures specifically designed to make sure that, on the national level, at least, we wouldn’t be a democracy.

Last edited:
I recognize that the Heritage Foundation is maligned by many on the left and even a few on the right. To that I say: don’t commit the fallacy of attacking the messenger. Instead, even if you find the proponent of an argument to be disagreeable or odious, maybe consider addressing the actual arguments offered.

Hey, shit for brains:

You are citing to a congressional resolution about a book which, they imagined describes the US government. It makes a claim (one which you ignorantly believe is accurate) and you somehow think that it obliges anybody else to accept their error.

It doesn’t.

Put your unjustifiably massive ego on a back burner. Just because you’ve been informed that we are a representative “democracy” doesn’t mean we are. And we’re not.

Educate yourself.

If we were a democracy, there wouldn’t be an Electoral College. The candidate who gets the most popular votes would become the elected President. So, if we were intended to be a democracy, why did the Framers include an Electoral College? Don’t worry Commodore. It’s not a trick question.

Amongst all the separation of powers and the checks and balances such as the precepts of Federalism and tools such as the Electoral College, the Framers were busy putting into effect measures specifically designed to make sure that, on the national level, at least, we wouldn’t be a democracy.
Who elects the Elecctoral College? Is that not democracy?

I don't think I have even seen someone who will not read a source and believe it, proving themselves wrong in their initial beliefs. That's called learning. At what grade did they hurl you out of the middle school doors for being 18?

Will the dems make a quick decision and convict Trump for whatever
And dissolve the committee so republicans can't "pollute" their kangaroo court

Will the GOP coop it, and turn it to their way of things. Which is what I would like to see. Uncover these undercover trouble makers and their chain of command. File charges against Michael Bird.

Or will it just go away.
It disappears-----but impeaching Biden replaces it.

I recognize that the Heritage Foundation is maligned by many on the left and even a few on the right. To that I say: don’t commit the fallacy of attacking the messenger. Instead, even if you find the proponent of an argument to be disagreeable or odious, maybe consider addressing the actual arguments offered.

That article talks about a direct democracy which has not existed since ancient Greece's city-states.

Forum List

Back