🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So, Let's Talk Turkey

Thankfully I don't have to get one this year, because Thanksgiving will not be held at my house, but I was just curious who all has theirs already.

Not me.
I only by fresh never frozen birds which means I have to wait until 4 days before Turkey day.
Two days before I brine it for 24 hours,rinse it and let it sit in the fridge covered with a cloth for the last 24 hours so the skin dries up a bit.
Then it's off to the smoker. I separate the leg quarters from the whole breast so they cook evenly. You end up with two pieces,one dark the other white.
However this year it may be a bit difficult to find fresh birds so we may just say fuck it and do Turkey day later.

Lol I guess it's not that different from meowing with my cat. :badgrin:

At least my turkeys worship me. Cant get that kind of respect from a cat.
20180128_121152.jpg

At least my turkeys worship me. Cant get that kind of respect from a cat.
View attachment 563388

True as we tend to serve her lol and not the other way around. XD Anyways, I get turkeys in my yard too and I found this interesting video because I looked it up after somebody said that they read somewhere that the pilgrims and Indians probably didn't even eat turkey on the first Thanksgiving.

Are those your funky looking mushroom things over the fence there? We were looking at somethings like that for growing tomato vines up poles and some other stuff, but those look a little different, and there is a tree branch growing out of one hole. Is that for growing some stubby fruit or nut trees of some kind?

True as we tend to serve her lol and not the other way around. XD Anyways, I get turkeys in my yard too and I found this interesting video because I looked it up after somebody said that they read somewhere that the pilgrims and Indians probably didn't even eat turkey on the first Thanksgiving.

According to CRT we ate hapless little indian children and slaves that became too old to work or got crippled and became useless.

Got mine no problem. Going to be making my usual de-boned turkey. Been doing it for like 10 years now. Amazing way to prepare the turkey. Best part is when you are done it fits in a normal tuperware dish and the carcass is already in the trash.

Yes, it is amazing.
Never heard of it.
I usually deep fry or slow grill, that's always been good.
I'm going to give this a try, maybe with two turkeys.

Are those your funky looking mushroom things over the fence there? We were looking at somethings like that for growing tomato vines up poles and some other stuff, but those look a little different, and there is a tree branch growing out of one hole. Is that for growing some stubby fruit or nut trees of some kind?

I THINK you mean the bird feeders? The mushroom tops keep the rain out of the seed. LOL..

I THINK you mean the bird feeders? The mushroom tops keep the rain out of the seed. LOL..

Ah, okay. I have some vine growing things that are clear tubes that you place around poles for vertically growing tomato vines and other things that allow more vines per area and enhance sunlight, similar to these, only clear:

iu

Strawberries do well with them, too:

iu

.... and for some plants they have tops that restrict heights, branches, etc. Haven't seen the mushroom tops before.

My mom always makes a huge pot of dressing. Half regular, the other half with oysters.
If you like oysters, you have to try it. I cant explain the relationship those 2 have together..

I always had a second pan of oyster dressing.. Its very popular in the Lowcountry.

Forum List

Back