🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So now the snowflakes demand white students remove their hoop earings

8fa3451df7fd2c254fa664cce293a788.jpg

Go......go with this stuff from the left. Ensures them being decimated at the voting booth........go!:2up:

Think this crap will ever end?

Picture1-975x576.png

CAMPUS NEWS
PITZER COLLEGE RA: WHITE PEOPLE CAN’T WEAR HOOP EARRINGS

A wall on the side of a dormitory at Pitzer College devoted to unmoderated free speech through art (colloquially named “the free wall”), was recently painted by a group of Latino students who wrote the message, “White Girl, take off your [hoop earrings]!!!”

When one white student expressed confusion about the message, Alegria Martinez (PZ ’18) – a Pitzer College Resident Assistant (RA) and active member of the “Latinx Student Union” – responded in an email thread sent to the entire student body: “[T]he art was created by myself and a few other WOC [women of color] after being tired and annoyed with the reoccuring [sic] theme of white women appropriating styles … that belong to the black and brown folks who created the culture. The culture actually comes from a historical background of oppression and exclusion. The black and brown bodies who typically wear hooped earrings, (and other accessories like winged eyeliner, gold name plate necklaces, etc) are typically viewed as ghetto, and are not taken seriously by others in their daily lives. Because of this, I see our winged eyeliner, lined lips, and big hoop earrings serving as symbols [and] as an everyday act of resistance, especially here at the Claremont Colleges. Meanwhile we wonder, why should white girls be able to take part in this culture (wearing hoop earrings just being one case of it) and be seen as cute/aesthetic/ethnic. White people have actually exploited the culture and made it into fashion.”

Jacquelyn Aguilera (PZ ’19), another student claiming credit for the spray-painted message, responded to the school-wide email thread, “If you didn’t create the culture as a coping mechanism for marginalization, take off those hoops, if your feminism isn’t intersectional take off those hoops, if you try to wear mi cultura when the creators can no longer afford it, take off those hoops, if you are incapable of using a search engine and expect other people to educate you, take off those hoops, if you can’t pronounce my name or spell it … take off those hoops / I use “those” instead of “your” because hoops were never “yours” to begin with.” Aguilera attached an image of herself and the others who spray-painted the wall exposing their own hoop earrings.

Pitzer College RA: White People Can’t Wear Hoop Earrings | The Claremont Independent
I don't understand why some people think about things like that. They're students, they should think about their grades...
030.gif

Um, is there an actual issue here? I despise Islam as the new form of Kool-Aid. Sharia law violates the separation of church and state. So why are liberals so pro-Islam when they despise western religion?

Liberals aren't "pro-Islam". They're "pro" freedom of religion. What liberals oppose, is Christians trying to impose their beliefs on others in a way which asserts dominance or control.

Right wingers try to paint all liberals as anti-religion, but the truth is that most liberals are Christians, and many of us deeply so.

We don't believe in the "prosperity" gospel the the right preaches. It bears no resemblance to "blessed are the poor" as preached by Jesus. We don't believe that the poor are to blame for the policies that helped make them poor, and we believe that everyone, including government, has a role to play in making things better.

Um, is there an actual issue here? I despise Islam as the new form of Kool-Aid. Sharia law violates the separation of church and state. So why are liberals so pro-Islam when they despise western religion?

Liberals aren't "pro-Islam". They're "pro" freedom of religion. What liberals oppose, is Christians trying to impose their beliefs on others in a way which asserts dominance or control.

Right wingers try to paint all liberals as anti-religion, but the truth is that most liberals are Christians, and many of us deeply so.

We don't believe in the "prosperity" gospel the the right preaches. It bears no resemblance to "blessed are the poor" as preached by Jesus. We don't believe that the poor are to blame for the policies that helped make them poor, and we believe that everyone, including government, has a role to play in making things better.

"Liberals aren't "pro-Islam"

roflmfao by dan Owen, on Flickr

Will you ever outgrow screeching about Libruls and snowflakes? You`re boring as hell to those with measurable IQs.

Will you ever outgrow screeching about Libruls and snowflakes? You`re boring as hell to those with measurable IQs.

It's important to call this absurd bullshit out.
Don't like it? Click on other threads then.

. Liberals are Christian's eh, and deeply so eh ??? Well then start showing it because talk is cheap. When liberals start standing up for defenseless lives in the womb, and helping the truly afflicted instead of being an enabler of some purdy rotten crap, then I might believe what you are saying. Until then NO. Hollywood is where the seat of the evil one is, and believe me he ain't no OZ, but he sure is pulling some strings in this country. Prove you are a Christian, don't just talk it. Try living the life Jesus spoke of in many ways, and try standing up for him for a change. This means quit siding with evil and with sin, and start rebuking them both every single day.

I wish men wouldn't wear the things anyways but fuck who ever that wants to control other people.

Think this crap will ever end?

Picture1-975x576.png

CAMPUS NEWS
PITZER COLLEGE RA: WHITE PEOPLE CAN’T WEAR HOOP EARRINGS

A wall on the side of a dormitory at Pitzer College devoted to unmoderated free speech through art (colloquially named “the free wall”), was recently painted by a group of Latino students who wrote the message, “White Girl, take off your [hoop earrings]!!!”

When one white student expressed confusion about the message, Alegria Martinez (PZ ’18) – a Pitzer College Resident Assistant (RA) and active member of the “Latinx Student Union” – responded in an email thread sent to the entire student body: “[T]he art was created by myself and a few other WOC [women of color] after being tired and annoyed with the reoccuring [sic] theme of white women appropriating styles … that belong to the black and brown folks who created the culture. The culture actually comes from a historical background of oppression and exclusion. The black and brown bodies who typically wear hooped earrings, (and other accessories like winged eyeliner, gold name plate necklaces, etc) are typically viewed as ghetto, and are not taken seriously by others in their daily lives. Because of this, I see our winged eyeliner, lined lips, and big hoop earrings serving as symbols [and] as an everyday act of resistance, especially here at the Claremont Colleges. Meanwhile we wonder, why should white girls be able to take part in this culture (wearing hoop earrings just being one case of it) and be seen as cute/aesthetic/ethnic. White people have actually exploited the culture and made it into fashion.”

Jacquelyn Aguilera (PZ ’19), another student claiming credit for the spray-painted message, responded to the school-wide email thread, “If you didn’t create the culture as a coping mechanism for marginalization, take off those hoops, if your feminism isn’t intersectional take off those hoops, if you try to wear mi cultura when the creators can no longer afford it, take off those hoops, if you are incapable of using a search engine and expect other people to educate you, take off those hoops, if you can’t pronounce my name or spell it … take off those hoops / I use “those” instead of “your” because hoops were never “yours” to begin with.” Aguilera attached an image of herself and the others who spray-painted the wall exposing their own hoop earrings.

Pitzer College RA: White People Can’t Wear Hoop Earrings | The Claremont Independent

Hmmmm.

What if the people who invented chocolate said nobody else could produce that but them. Didn't chocolate originate from Mexico?

Where did beer originate? Or would that start a war?

And let's not get into guns.....

Trend in Fashion: A History of the Hoop Earring - Finish The Outfit Blog

The Hoop Earring

Of all the accessories a woman can own, the hoop earring is one of the oldest forms of jewelry. They have been around for many years and have been worn by both men and women. Its use has dated back to many different places and cultures. Dating back to ancient Rome, Greece, and even ancient Sumerian culture.

The progress of this particular earring has made its way around different cities and cultures. The first ever hoop earring have been linked to the Sumerian culture, which is now known as Iraq. They then became popular in Egypt, Greece, and Rome.

It is by understanding where the hoop earring derives from that makes us appreciate all the different types of hoop earrings we now know and love. While the hoop earring has come a long way from where it began, it is one of the many styles of earrings that have an impressive craftsmanship and creativity. Many of today’s hoop earrings no longer resemble what they have in the past, but they still remain one of women’s favorite accessories.

While not much is known about who created the first ever hoop earring, or who was the first person to rock this new jewelry, we are glad they did! Throughout the years, the hoop earring trend has come and gone, being super popular from the ‘60s through the ‘90s, and then laying low (but never forgotten) after that.

Through the Years
The hoop earring has come a long way. While many women, celebrities included all love to wear them. They didn’t always have a good reputation. There was a time when the hoop earring was seen as a symbol of sexuality, and that only African American women or those in the sex industry would wear them. The hoop earring has paved its way into history, being jewelry only worn by slaves, very popular amongst sailors and pirates, and symbolic in different religious ceremonies. But lucky for us they have steered away from that direction and have become the fashion accessory they are today.

Forum List

Back