So on Monday Letitia James can grab Trump's empire? (Poll)

So what are Trump's options?

• Tell Letitia James if she drops the charges he'll drop out of the 2024 race?

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Let Letitia James take all of his property?

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Appeal to every court he can think of to get a delay until his appeals are processed?

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Keep cool knowing that when he is elected president he can settle the score...

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Other options...see my post.

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
Remember, lower courts are finders of fact.
Appeals courts are finders of law.

Trump's lawyers did what they needed to do in the lower court. They got the facts on record. The testimony of the counter-parties is the most important evidence for Trump because it completely undermines any allegation of fraud.

It was obvious at the outset that Trump was not going to receive due process because the judge found him "guilty" before the "trial" even started.

From here out it's about the application of law. The appellate division does have the option to act as a fact finder in this case, because it was tried as a case of equity. Normally they won't do that, the factual record from the lower court is considered correct and complete. So they could develop some of the factual record, but it would be unusual and I don't see any need for that.

The appellate court will ask "was the defendant afforded due process, and was the law properly applied?" That is where the case collapses.

If it ever gets to the USSC, the questions will be:
1. Was Trump's 5th Amendment right to due process violated, and
2. Does the penalty violate the 8th Amendment prohibition on excessive fines.
He found him guilty based on the evidence before him.

Trump is mortgaged up to the tits, existing on other people's money as usual, so this will be complicated as hell.

He won't be able to lie his way out of this, like he did when he got other people's money to begin with.

He's now a target for anyone in any country in the world to help him financially. He is absolutely compromised. That's what happens when you're "the King of Debt". I just hope he doesn't have any more critical classified documents he can sell.
The former fuckup is the self-confessed king of debt.

He found him guilty based on the evidence before him.
And yet he was not charged with even one misdemeanor.

Just you are guilty- now show up to my kangaroo court so we can see how much we can fleece you for.

Due process, schmoo process. We don't need no stinkin' due process!

And yet he was not charged with even one misdemeanor.

Just you are guilty- now show up to my kangaroo court so we can see how much we can fleece you for.

Due process, schmoo process. We don't need no stinkin' due process!
He was found guilty of fraud in a civil trial.

He had every opportunity to provide a defense against the charge.

Don't take his property. Trump would make a spectacle of it. Don't allow that.

Instead, keep grabbing his bank accounts. Whenever money shows up anywhere, take it. Much easier than grabbing property. It will take a while, but there's no hurry.

The beauty is that if Trump can't pay his debts, the banks will be the ones seizing his assets. Let the private sector handle that.

There's a good reason no one will loan Trump money.

If Trump loses, he can't pay it back.

And if Trump wins, he'd use dictatorial powers to declare he doesn't have to pay back any loans.

It's a lose-lose for the banks, so the only way they win is not to play.
Everyone loses if this actually happens, but I understand that it’s hard for you to fathom…

He was found guilty of fraud in a civil trial.

He had every opportunity to provide a defense against the charge.
No he was not. He was found "guilty" by summary judgement in a pre-trial motion. That "guilty" finding is what cleared the way for the "trial".

The "trial" was just the fleecing portion.

He was never charged or arraigned or asked "how do you plead" on anything.

Stalin would be proud.

Everyone loses if this actually happens, but I understand that it’s hard for you to fathom…
Dude, everyone doesn't lose. In fact, just one person does and maybe if he kept his fucking mouth shut, he would have saved himself 91 million. If he didn't commit fraud, he could have saved himself 450 million.

No he was not. He was found "guilty" by summary judgement in a pre-trial motion. That "guilty" finding is what cleared the way for the "trial".

The "trial" was just the fleecing portion.

He was never charged or arraigned or asked "how do you plead" on anything.

Stalin would be proud.
Dude, he was found guilty of fraud based on the evidence.

The trial determined the value of the fraud.

Dude, he was found guilty of fraud based on the evidence.

The trial determined the value of the fraud.
That is just a bald-faced lie.

He was guilty (at most) of the misdemeanor of Falsifying a Business Record- and even that is questionable because it requires a showing of scienter.

I fucking hate you fascists and I don't want you sick fuckers talking to me. You have absolutely butchered the rule of law in this country, all to get one man.

You can all rot in hell for all I care, every motherfucking one of you.

That is just a bald-faced lie.

He was guilty (at most) of the misdemeanor of Falsifying a Business Record- and even that is questionable because it requires a showing of scienter.

I fucking hate you fascists and I don't want you sick fuckers talking to me. You have absolutely butchered the rule of law in this country, all to get one man.

You can all rot in hell for all I care, every motherfucking one of you.
So, it’s your assertion that he won his fraud trial?

So, it’s your assertion that he won his fraud trial?
AG files civil complaint
AG files Demand for Discovery
Trump produces Discovery
AG says go faster, judge fines Trump $110,000
AG Files Motion for Summary Judgement
Judge declares Trump guilty, fines his lawyers $7,500 ea, just for kicks.
Short show trial commences, fine one half-billion dollars.

What third world dictator wouldn't be proud of that?

Asking for a recount is not unusual, only needing 11,000 or so.
Trump did not reject the peaceful transfer of power. He lost by 43,000 votes, after getting 11,000,000 more votes than in 2016. J6 was a protest of obvious mail-in voter fraud.

Biden even admitted to voter fraud:

Nope. Georgia registered 371 thousand new voters before the 2020; election. They voted against Trump.

Asking for a recount is not unusual, only needing 11,000 or so.
Trump did not reject the peaceful transfer of power. He lost by 43,000 votes, after getting 11,000,000 more votes than in 2016. J6 was a protest of obvious mail-in voter fraud.

Biden even admitted to voter fraud:
Childish, to post that link and pretend it's valid or true....

AG files civil complaint
AG files Demand for Discovery
Trump produces Discovery
AG says go faster, judge fines Trump $110,000
AG Files Motion for Summary Judgement
Judge declares Trump guilty, fines his lawyers $7,500 ea, just for kicks.
Short show trial commences, fine one half-billion dollars.

What third world dictator wouldn't be proud of that?
You missed

Trump files for Summary Judgement, also

And the rest filled with nonsense!

It’s the lefts mission to bankrupt, destroy, and jail their boogeyman for the rest of his life, and they don’t give a crap what it looks like either…All over some mean tweets.

Children.

"I mean, there are a lot of questions they could ask, those are some, off the top of my head."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ain't a lawyer, but......but as a civilian observer from hundreds and hundreds of miles away, I nonetheless think that Trump's lawyers would have....should have.....and likely did, present similar if not exact argument as the poster TIM above suggests.

If so, the judge evidently found them tractionless.

Notably, this suit has been percolating in the system for 4 years....with aggressive and persistent efforts by Don Trump to delay, delay, delay. And, it seems, a determined effort to stymie getting to the truth. For example Eric Trump early in the investigation, 3-1/2yrs ago, plead the protections of the 5th Amendment over 500 times; Don Trump himself 1-1/2yrs ago plead the 5th over 400 times.

And while the Trump side strenuously argues it is unfair that just a single judge decides ...a 'bench' trial..... they conveniently don't acknowledge that they never asked for a jury trial which was their right, and their obligation if that was their desire.

Now, the issue of the size of the penalty is beyond my knowledge, but.......but I would contemplate if someone will so argue, that just seizing the cash position of "substantially in excess of $400 million" that Trump himself stated in a deposition to the State's attorneys...would be enough to guarantee that Don Trump would be held accountable.

That $400+ million surety along with the rigorous overseeing by the appointed monitor could be sufficient to temporarily satisfy the State's concerns of failure to pay.

IMHO

Forum List

Back