So Republicans take control of both the House and Senate. Then what?

They get rid of the filibuster. I can't blame them since the Dems did it last year for judge appointments.

I don't mind if Republicans get rid of the filibuster if they take the Senate

Republicans would have, at best 51 seats if they do well in 2014, then in 2016 they have to defend all the seats they won in 2010

End result is we are done with the abuse of filibuster

The GOP won't have the votes to override any presidential vetoes.

Some are worried about Obama's "legacy".

Talking us out of a two mismanaged wars, one of which was for nothing.

Bringing us back from economic disaster.

Saving the auto industry.

Equal pay for equal work.

Taking out Bin Laden.

Laying out the road for health care and all the ramifications including creating millions of new jobs because people are no longer locked into jobs they can't stand.

He's done so much more. But just that is more than Reagan, Bush Jr. and Bush Sr. all put together.

So what's the worst? The GOP controls both houses and holds the country hostage for two years. The Koch Brothers may be able to spend local elections into oblivion, but not national elections.

Republicans will get creamed in 2016. With a shrinking base. And more minorities voting than ever before.

And Republicans will lose major business support.

It's business that wants immigrants with degrees. Why? Because there aren't enough high tech liberal workers to fill the jobs. And Republicans are simply not qualified.

Texas is making community college practically free. So a lot more liberals will be getting an education.

Anyway, I see this as the worst case scenario. There are no GOP policies that anyone wants. And the endless anti abortion bills and end health care bills are tiresome.

All true and ...

The right tries to blame the president for the lack of governing we see from the Repub/tee potties but nothing will change when President Obama leaves office.

They will still be working for countries other than the US.

"Nothing" happening at the federal level for the last two years of Obama's term is the best we can hope for.

Tea Baggers love to do nothing and get paid.

They've been doing it since 2010.

It's called Tea Bagger Work Ethic -- they want to get labor for free or below minimum wage WHILE they get paid to do noting.

Isn't that a sizable portion of the democratic electorate, public workers, welfare layabouts, "artists" and other malcontents?

I wonder what the chances are that there will be a Republican take over of the Senate, or the Republican's chance of holding the House. After their behavior with the shut down, refusal to take up immigration reform and the general discontent and disgust with Congress, why should the Republicans be given more power to obstruct, shut down and generally make fools of themselves?

The key issue is obamacare, obamacare, obamacare.
Just sayin'.....

"Nothing" happening at the federal level for the last two years of Obama's term is the best we can hope for.

Tea Baggers love to do nothing and get paid.

They've been doing it since 2010.

It's called Tea Bagger Work Ethic -- they want to get labor for free or below minimum wage WHILE they get paid to do noting.

And then they take yet another tax-paid vacation.

The GOP won't have the votes to override any presidential vetoes.

Some are worried about Obama's "legacy".

Talking us out of a two mismanaged wars, one of which was for nothing.

Bringing us back from economic disaster.

Saving the auto industry.

Equal pay for equal work.

Taking out Bin Laden.

Laying out the road for health care and all the ramifications including creating millions of new jobs because people are no longer locked into jobs they can't stand.

He's done so much more. But just that is more than Reagan, Bush Jr. and Bush Sr. all put together.

So what's the worst? The GOP controls both houses and holds the country hostage for two years. The Koch Brothers may be able to spend local elections into oblivion, but not national elections.

Republicans will get creamed in 2016. With a shrinking base. And more minorities voting than ever before.

And Republicans will lose major business support.

It's business that wants immigrants with degrees. Why? Because there aren't enough high tech liberal workers to fill the jobs. And Republicans are simply not qualified.

Texas is making community college practically free. So a lot more liberals will be getting an education.

Anyway, I see this as the worst case scenario. There are no GOP policies that anyone wants. And the endless anti abortion bills and end health care bills are tiresome.

Well-- I can see you have memorized the democrat "talking" points--but unfortunately most are FALSE. Our economy is still in the tank and with Obamacare going into the employer mandate--of course--wisely postponed by democrats until after the mid term election cycle--the economy is only going to go downhill from there.

What will Republicans do in the SENATE? Stop Obama from destroying this country.

Dressing-Room-590.jpg

Welcome to your hope and change!

I wonder what the chances are that there will be a Republican take over of the Senate, or the Republican's chance of holding the House. After their behavior with the shut down, refusal to take up immigration reform and the general discontent and disgust with Congress, why should the Republicans be given more power to obstruct, shut down and generally make fools of themselves?
The blame for the partial shutdown is a wash, amnesty is toxic for establishment neoconservatives, the disgust for congress transcends party lines.

Obiecare will be issue #1 and even Boehner isn't stupid enough to change the subject.

You don't know who is up for re re election in the senate do you?

You should have stopped with your title thread and let posters discuss that. Instead you ran with your leftwing nut echo chamber mantra.
If the republicans were to take both sides of the House it would force obama to work in a more compromising manner if he wants to secure some positive legacy as Bill Clinton accomplished. This is something he hasn't had to do so far in his tenure.
Obie isn't that smart. He is a blind ideologue.

He'll lock himself in the Oval Office and hold his breath. :lol:

They get rid of the filibuster. I can't blame them since the Dems did it last year for judge appointments.

Republicans would have, at best 51 seats if they do well in 2014, then in 2016 they have to defend all the seats they won in 2010

Do you think "compromise out of fear" will be the new catch-phrase going forward then? Obviously with one-party control of the House, Senate and Presidency, they party in power can ram through any crazy law they want.

Do you think "compromise out of fear" will be the new catch-phrase going forward then? Obviously with one-party control of the House, Senate and Presidency, they party in power can ram through any crazy law they want.
Oh, the delicious irony! :rofl:

Personally, If one party has control of the House, Senate and White House the voters wanted it that way

If they start passing crazy laws that majority will not last long

Oh, the delicious irony! :rofl:

You have a President in Obama right now that is usurping his constitutional authority to make changes to law with a speech written by someone else or by simple signature to change bills that were approved by the congress--that need congressional authority (according to the constitution) to make those changes.

I don't believe any President has done this as much as Barack Obama. We are now what is called a Dictatorship.

political%2Bhacks,%2Bobama%2Bcartoons.jpg

Welcome to your hope and change!

Just sayin'.....

Meister, I wonder how much the option now for job mobility will effect folks because folks don't have to depend on jobs they don't like for health care.

My wife told me she would have gone part-time teaching in a heart beat if she had health insurance.

In other words, does the ACA make folks less dependent on business?

I

Personally, If one party has control of the House, Senate and White House the voters wanted it that way

If they start passing crazy laws that majority will not last long

Got that right.

I think the one thing they'll do in the Senate is bring up for votes a bunch on nominees to the federal bench Dingy Harry has been sitting on.

Hell, they might even consider a REAL BUDGET for the first time in years!

Just sayin'.....

Meister, I wonder how much the option now for job mobility will effect folks because folks don't have to depend on jobs they don't like for health care.

My wife told me she would have gone part-time teaching in a heart beat if she had health insurance.

In other words, does the ACA make folks less dependent on business?

I

We are going to turn into a nation of a 29 hour part time work week here very quickly. Business's are already cutting back hours to save the cost of employee's Obamacare. They simply can't afford this cost--especially in a tank economy. When business bottom lines are affected--the very 1st thing they do is lay-off employees or cut back employees hours, Law of Economics.

For those that already have employer based group coverage--that you contribute too--here is your OBAMACARE change and what you can look forward too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuA2_P-m4Sk]WTAE-PA: Pennsylvania Small Business Hit With Skyrocketing Health Costs From ObamaCare - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I think the one thing they'll do in the Senate is bring up for votes a bunch on nominees to the federal bench Dingy Harry has been sitting on.

Hell, they might even consider a REAL BUDGET for the first time in years!

Most of the nominees have already gone through the Senate.

And we do have a budget now.

Forum List

Back