So Republicans take control of both the House and Senate. Then what?

I wonder what the chances are that there will be a Republican take over of the Senate, or the Republican's chance of holding the House. After their behavior with the shut down, refusal to take up immigration reform and the general discontent and disgust with Congress, why should the Republicans be given more power to obstruct, shut down and generally make fools of themselves?

The key issue is obamacare, obamacare, obamacare.
Just sayin'.....

Meister, I wonder how much the option now for job mobility will effect folks because folks don't have to depend on jobs they don't like for health care.

My wife told me she would have gone part-time teaching in a heart beat if she had health insurance.

In other words, does the ACA make folks less dependent on business?

I

Have you actually checked out the cost to someone making over 65000 for obamacare?

Then we put a halt to obama's destructive agenda.

2013 was already the least productive congress in history. That's already been done thanks.

Hey they lowerd the deficit in part with the sequestor, with Obama fought and then took credit for and the congress they beat out didn't bother to listen to Bush jr's warning about Freddie and Fannie

I think the one thing they'll do in the Senate is bring up for votes a bunch on nominees to the federal bench Dingy Harry has been sitting on.

Hell, they might even consider a REAL BUDGET for the first time in years!

Most of the nominees have already gone through the Senate.

And we do have a budget now.

Read this and you won't be so red-faced! :eusa_whistle:

I wonder if the GOP can come together as one, even if they were able to win majorities in both houses of congress. The Republican Party seems split on incompatible ideological lines and I foresee a power struggle among some very ambitious personalities in both the House and Senate.

If the they were to win, however, I suspect we would see little pragmatic governance until it became obvious they were going to lose big in 2016.

We would likely see further efforts to cut taxes, reduce abortions, attack unions and reduce the size of government by cutting budgets, resulting in massive government employee layoffs.

We would see more efforts to privatize government services, less regulation in terms of environmental protections and privacy (keep in mind the government's ability to collect information on you is limited by law and overseen by the congress, no such requirement keeps the private sector out of your bedroom or bank account).

We would see serous efforts to undermine or eliminate Social Security and to dismantle Medicare/Medicaid and Obamacare, with the insurance and hospital lobby writing new laws and imposing new restrictions on access.

Those of you who 'hate' Obama and Democrats ought to take off your dunce caps and begin to really think about what it takes to oversee a nation as large as ours, in a world as unstable as ours.

Life was not too bad the last time we had a GOP Congress and a Democratic President.

A lot got done.

The last time we had a GOP congress and Dem President, they spent most of their time putting his entire life under a microscope and trying to impeach him over a blowjob. If they take back the Senate, I suspect we will see a bunch of Issa type witch hunts for the remaining 2 years of Obama's term. They'll spend all their time trying to fuck him the same way they did Clinton.

I wonder what the chances are that there will be a Republican take over of the Senate, or the Republican's chance of holding the House. After their behavior with the shut down, refusal to take up immigration reform and the general discontent and disgust with Congress, why should the Republicans be given more power to obstruct, shut down and generally make fools of themselves?

Just sayin'.....

For a faction of the Conservative "Tea Party" caucus it is. But they have made such asses of themselves, between careening from crisis to manufactured crisis to the shut down on October that there will be more voters angry with their petulant behavior than irked over affordable health care.

Just sayin'.....

For a faction of the Conservative "Tea Party" caucus it is. But they have made such asses of themselves, between careening from crisis to manufactured crisis to the shut down on October that there will be more voters angry with their petulant behavior than irked over affordable health care.
That shutdown of a very small percentage of federal government will be but a faint memory, when people start getting their cancellation notices from their insurers in September and October because of Obicare.

How many bills passed by the HoR have been put on the Senate calendar?

How many Senate bills have gone forward without filibuster?

Why should Republican sponsored bills move forward when theDemocratic bills are filibustered?
Irrelevant to the question I asked.

Go ahead, you can tell us.

How is the fact that Republicans have been blocking anything getting through the Senate for the last four years in any way irrelevant?

Why would Republicans believe that their bills can get through the Senate with 45 votes while the Democrats can't get their bills through with 55 votes?

Then nothing. Which is perfect. The less they do, the less that gets fucked up. That means both sides.

You vote for people to go to Washington, draw a nice fat government paycheck and you want them to do nothing? And that sounds like a good thing to you? That would be a good gig if you could get it. Sounds like welfare for the elected.

Just sayin'.....

That shutdown of a very small percentage of federal government will be but a faint memory, when people start getting their cancellation notices from their insurers in September and October because of Obicare.
How is congress polling these days? A popular institution is it? Do you suppose those effected by that cheap political stunt engineered by the Tea Party will be quick to forgive and forget?

Face it. The Right Wing of the Republican Party screwed up. They put their twisted ideology above the needs of their constituents. They played politics with the real time operation of the federal government and got substaintially burned for it.

How many Senate bills have gone forward without filibuster?

Why should Republican sponsored bills move forward when theDemocratic bills are filibustered?
Irrelevant to the question I asked.

Go ahead, you can tell us.

How is the fact that Republicans have been blocking anything getting through the Senate for the last four years in any way irrelevant?

Why would Republicans believe that their bills can get through the Senate with 45 votes while the Democrats can't get their bills through with 55 votes?[/QUOTE]

Heehee, You're gonna make their heads explode. Way to complicated for these imbeciles.

Harry be blocking shit bills then he will be filibustering shit bills. The Repubs will go bat shit crazy. Or more crazy.

"Nothing" happening at the federal level for the last two years of Obama's term is the best we can hope for.

Tea Baggers love to do nothing and get paid.

They've been doing it since 2010.

It's called Tea Bagger Work Ethic -- they want to get labor for free or below minimum wage WHILE they get paid to do noting.

Getting paid to do nothing? You mean kind of like what's going on under obama? :eusa_whistle:

She said 'noting?' Maybe she's against administrative assistants being paid?

:confused:

:eusa_whistle:

How is congress polling these days? A popular institution is it? Do you suppose those effected by that cheap political stunt engineered by the Tea Party will be quick to forgive and forget?

Face it. The Right Wing of the Republican Party screwed up. They put their twisted ideology above the needs of their constituents. They played politics with the real time operation of the federal government and got substaintially burned for it.
yea ok the attack adds on the democrats closing down open air park's and bunch of veteran's busting down the barricades with republican's help is going to do wonders. You do know that the democrat senators (up for re-election) are staying away from Obama as far as possible, right?

Last edited:
Just sayin'.....

Meister, I wonder how much the option now for job mobility will effect folks because folks don't have to depend on jobs they don't like for health care.

My wife told me she would have gone part-time teaching in a heart beat if she had health insurance.

In other words, does the ACA make folks less dependent on business?

I

Have you actually checked out the cost to someone making over 65000 for obamacare?

Every case is different: family size, income, etc.

Tell us what a family of four making 65K would pay on ACA.

The GOP won't have the votes to override any presidential vetoes.

Some are worried about Obama's "legacy".

Talking us out of a two mismanaged wars, one of which was for nothing.

Bringing us back from economic disaster.

Saving the auto industry.

Equal pay for equal work.

Taking out Bin Laden.

Laying out the road for health care and all the ramifications including creating millions of new jobs because people are no longer locked into jobs they can't stand.

He's done so much more. But just that is more than Reagan, Bush Jr. and Bush Sr. all put together.

So what's the worst? The GOP controls both houses and holds the country hostage for two years. The Koch Brothers may be able to spend local elections into oblivion, but not national elections.

Republicans will get creamed in 2016. With a shrinking base. And more minorities voting than ever before.

And Republicans will lose major business support.

It's business that wants immigrants with degrees. Why? Because there aren't enough high tech liberal workers to fill the jobs. And Republicans are simply not qualified.

Texas is making community college practically free. So a lot more liberals will be getting an education.

Anyway, I see this as the worst case scenario. There are no GOP policies that anyone wants. And the endless anti abortion bills and end health care bills are tiresome.

You should have stopped with your title thread and let posters discuss that. Instead you ran with your leftwing nut echo chamber mantra.
If the republicans were to take both sides of the House it would force obama to work in a more compromising manner if he wants to secure some positive legacy as Bill Clinton accomplished. This is something he hasn't had to do so far in his tenure.

Seems they've been finding plenty to talk about.

And it's only "nut echo chamber mantra" if it's not true. Like "birth certificate" or "dictator" or "Benghazi" or "secret Muslim". Don't you agree?

Forum List

Back