So sex offenders on parole wearing GPS locators raped and killed at least 5 women

CaféAuLait;8942249 said:
I know how they did it..................

They spent around a month or so to get the patterns of phone calls and visits down so they could predict when they were going to be checked on.

They also learned a super awesome way to make S'mores, that not only tasted good, but would lure people from down the street to their house.

They'd lure the ladies to their house (with the help of the awesome fragrance of the S'mores), and then kill them.

Face it..............it's the cooking that allows them to be cereal killers.

Toasted marshmallows, Graham Crackers, and Hershey bars, attract ladies to a house? Maybe your sugar is off a bit from too many s'mores. :D unless you know some secret guys need to learn and women need to be aware of. :p

Yeah........................I do know a secret....................

Ever seen the movie "Michael" with John Travolta?

He smelled like cookies, and the women fell all over themselves for him.

Yeah cocoa butter lotion works too. Smells like chocolate.

CaféAuLait;8942155 said:
How would constantly monitoring their locations prevented them from killing these women?

Those locations didn't become "crime scenes" until after they commited the crimes.

My assumption and understanding of these devices they show if the parolee has left a specific area, and the device sends alerts to the agency in charge. So either the parolees were killing and burying these women within that defined area or they were leaving it and no one was checking data that is presumably supposed to be monitored.

That would be true had they been on house arrest, not on parole.

People on parole can pretty much go where they want - they may have a curfew, and have to get a job and check in regularly, but they're not confined to their houses as a general rule.

Not if they are wearing an ankle bracelet. If they are on parole without supervision they can go to work, have a curfew or have other limitations. Once that bracelet is on, they are supposed to be monitored.

These men were released as part of a ruling by a Federal Judge that California must release non violent offenders as part of the prison population reduction program.

Judges order California to immediately release prisoners - Crime - Sacto 911 - The Sacramento Bee

In response the the OP:

Chemical or physical castration. Why not hang the criminals instead of those over-burdened with babysitting people who shouldn't be out of prison anyway?

Why, after major parole violations, they were still out on parole?? Sick story, sick consequences. And sounds like it could have been prevented.

Why are they out....

becasue the courts have ordered CA to reduce the number of prisoners IN prison. Yes, it could all very well have been prevented if we kept animals in the cages they belong in.

CaféAuLait;8942332 said:
CaféAuLait;8942307 said:
Uh, what is the thread about if not for the fact they ( there were 2 killers not one) were on parole and not being monitored while wearing GPS systems, allowing them to murder 5 plus women over a years period of time.

Uh it is about locking people up.

No, it's about people doing their freaking jobs and assuring sex offenders, that had recently cut their monitoring systems off and escaped then refitting them with GPS systems aren't out killing the public and raping again.

Well everyone did do the jobs they were assigned. Glad we're done with that.

CaféAuLait;8942312 said:
Unfortunately, being a prostitute is like volunteering to be a victim of violence; it may be the most dangerous occupation in the US. According to the article, though both of these men had a history of sex offenses, they hadn't done anything so violent. So, it would seem not unrealistic they were paroled and monitored. They actually checked in regularly with parole officers. The monitors are meant to make sure they stay within a specified area, not what they do in that area. It proves that if someone is determined to do some mischief, they will do it. I think that when a convicted felon is on parole, they are not supposed to associate with others on parole, but obviously they do. They were not monitored closely enough; they never are, but we do not have the finances to monitor those on parole as closely as we should. The bracelets did help the police to determine these were the men who committed the crimes.

I agree to an extent. However, given they were re-arrested (about the same time the murders started) for escaping and breaking parole it makes no sense to have allowed them to continue to be monitored by ankle bracelets they had just cut off and had to be captured for...
That's true. It doesn't seem reasonable to allow people on parole who had broken parole before by cutting their bracelets and trying to escape.

That is the really crazy part to me....

Unfortunately, being a prostitute is like volunteering to be a victim of violence; it may be the most dangerous occupation in the US. According to the article, though both of these men had a history of sex offenses, they hadn't done anything so violent. So, it would seem not unrealistic they were paroled and monitored. They actually checked in regularly with parole officers. The monitors are meant to make sure they stay within a specified area, not what they do in that area. It proves that if someone is determined to do some mischief, they will do it. I think that when a convicted felon is on parole, they are not supposed to associate with others on parole, but obviously they do. They were not monitored closely enough; they never are, but we do not have the finances to monitor those on parole as closely as we should. The bracelets did help the police to determine these were the men who committed the crimes.

Interestingly enough, there are many other countries where prostitution is legal and it's not such a dangerous profession.

Me? I've been to a few brothels over my 20 years in the Navy. In Spain, as well as Italy and Syracuse, it's legal. Not only are the brothel areas patrolled by the federal and local police (making it one of the safest places in the city), but they also have to provide their health cards showing that they were checked in the past month.

If prostitution were legal here (and it won't be for a while, because of the Puritan values that most of the religious right has), those women would be allowed to go after those who ripped them off, or even raped them.

I think that "women of the night" should have the same protection as everyone else.

The only reason that predators like this target them is because they think they won't be prosecuted.

These women were not killed because they were prostitutes but because they were women.

Interestingly enough, there are many other countries where prostitution is legal and it's not such a dangerous profession.

Me? I've been to a few brothels over my 20 years in the Navy. In Spain, as well as Italy and Syracuse, it's legal. Not only are the brothel areas patrolled by the federal and local police (making it one of the safest places in the city), but they also have to provide their health cards showing that they were checked in the past month.

If prostitution were legal here (and it won't be for a while, because of the Puritan values that most of the religious right has), those women would be allowed to go after those who ripped them off, or even raped them.

I think that "women of the night" should have the same protection as everyone else.

The only reason that predators like this target them is because they think they won't be prosecuted.

I lived in Austria. Prostitution is legal there. One of the reasons, of course, is to make it safer, for everyone. It's a practical solution. Most prostitutes work in brothels. However, there are still some street prostitutes, especially when it is linked to drug addition.

It will be a long, long, long time before prostitution is legalized throughout the US, if ever.

I lived in Austria. Prostitution is legal there. One of the reasons, of course, is to make it safer, for everyone. It's a practical solution. Most prostitutes work in brothels. However, there are still some street prostitutes, especially when it is linked to drug addition.

It will be a long, long, long time before prostitution is legalized throughout the US, if ever.

You're right................most work in the brothels, and a few work out on the streets.

However................ALL of them are supposed to have health cards, and prior to any money changing hands, you can ask to see their card to make sure they are "safe", and if their card is out of date, you can refuse to pay for their services.

Most of the women in Sicily and in Italy had health cards, even if they were working out on the streets.

Like I said..................things would be much easier if it were legalized here in the U.S., although, you're right.............it's going to be a while before it's legalized because of all the conservative bias (meaning they want to make this country a theocracy, ruled by their version of the Bible), won't allow it to happen.

Forum List

Back