So Truman was a KKK member

So now you're claiming that the 90 year Democratic majority in Mississippi was not segregationist?

Holy fuck on a bun!

Nope, thats exactly what they were, they were also democrats. The Goldwater campaign was not pro-segregation. Where do you fools get this crap?

You go back and read post 84 and then tell me why Colmer, a Democrat, endorsed Goldwater.

from wiki:

Originally elected as a supporter of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal, Colmer became increasingly conservative as the years passed. He became disenchanted as the national Democratic Party began to support the African-American Civil Rights Movement. After the Brown v. Board of Education decision by the United States Supreme Court, ruling that public school segregation was unconstitutional, Colmer helped to get Southern Democrat congressmen to sign the "Southern Manifesto" declaring their resistance.
Colmer endorsed the Republican Party candidates Richard Nixon for president in 1960, 1968 and 1972, and Barry Goldwater in 1964. Because of his seniority, he advanced to the position as chairman of the Rules Committee, serving from 1967 to 1973.

clearly he was not a segregationist. So your previous claim that southerners voted for goldwater to promote segregation was bunk.

does it hurt to be trapped by your own cites?

I guess you also missed this in the Colmer post, his words:

"For, if the Federal Government can repeal the poll tax in Mississippi and several other Southern States, regulate employment under the FEPC, punish innocent taxpayers under the Anti-Lynch Bill, and abolish segregation in the several States by usurpation of the sovereign rights of the several States of the Union, then we have indeed witnessed an end of constitutional government as conceived by the founding fathers...."

the guy is long dead. Who cares? Everyone today agrees that segregation was wrong. The concept of states rights and limited federal government was a basic belief of the founders and part of the constitution.

But I guess you libs have to dig up the past in order to take the attention away form obama's failures and clinton's corruption and lying. We all understand why these kinds of threads and discussions are started.

I am still waiting for you to respond to my question in the thread on muslims running the obama administration.

Who started this thread?

Nope, thats exactly what they were, they were also democrats. The Goldwater campaign was not pro-segregation. Where do you fools get this crap?

You go back and read post 84 and then tell me why Colmer, a Democrat, endorsed Goldwater.

from wiki:

Originally elected as a supporter of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal, Colmer became increasingly conservative as the years passed. He became disenchanted as the national Democratic Party began to support the African-American Civil Rights Movement. After the Brown v. Board of Education decision by the United States Supreme Court, ruling that public school segregation was unconstitutional, Colmer helped to get Southern Democrat congressmen to sign the "Southern Manifesto" declaring their resistance.
Colmer endorsed the Republican Party candidates Richard Nixon for president in 1960, 1968 and 1972, and Barry Goldwater in 1964. Because of his seniority, he advanced to the position as chairman of the Rules Committee, serving from 1967 to 1973.

clearly he was not a segregationist. So your previous claim that southerners voted for goldwater to promote segregation was bunk.

"For, if the Federal Government can repeal the poll tax in Mississippi and several other Southern States, regulate employment under the FEPC, punish innocent taxpayers under the Anti-Lynch Bill, and abolish segregation in the several States by usurpation of the sovereign rights of the several States of the Union, then we have indeed witnessed an end of constitutional government as conceived by the founding fathers...."

the guy is long dead. Who cares? Everyone today agrees that segregation was wrong. The concept of states rights and limited federal government was a basic belief of the founders and part of the constitution.

But I guess you libs have to dig up the past in order to take the attention away form obama's failures and clinton's corruption and lying. We all understand why these kinds of threads and discussions are started.

I am still waiting for you to respond to my question in the thread on muslims running the obama administration.

Who started this thread?

if you go back to post #1 you can find out for yourself. Tiny posted evidence that Truman was once a KKK member. Maybe you should address that. you can also discuss the other dems who were KKK members if you like. Start with Robert KKK Byrd (D of WV). then move on to AlGore Sr (D of Tn)

from wiki:

Who started this thread?

if you go back to post #1 you can find out for yourself. Tiny posted evidence that Truman was once a KKK member. Maybe you should address that. you can also discuss the other dems who were KKK members if you like. Start with Robert KKK Byrd (D of WV). then move on to AlGore Sr (D of Tn)
I agree there may be a lot's more Ppl that have been part of the KKK on both sides

from wiki:

Who started this thread?

I agree there may be a lot's more Ppl that have been part of the KKK on both sides

true, but the KKK in the south and midwest was primarily made up of segregationist democrats.

Democrat excuse #150, "he was a member for just a short time". Just about all democrat candidates were affiliated with the KKK when they needed support from the racist democrat party base. Democrats were knee deep in segregationist KKK politics when FDR appointed a former KKK member to the Supreme Court.

Who started this thread?

true, but the KKK in the south and midwest was primarily made up of segregationist democrats.

They were conservatives. The Democratic Party in the first 2/3rds of the 20th century was a 'big tent'.

Who started this thread?

They were conservatives. The Democratic Party in the first 2/3rds of the 20th century was a 'big tent'.

I love the fairy tale. Who says pixie dust fell one night and every Democrat that was bad became a Republican?

Give me a break.

:lmao:

from wiki:

Who started this thread?

This was a test thread for me. I wanted to witness truth versus madness with D's trying to explain their history.

:lol:

Who started this thread?

bullshit. conservative does not mean racist. WTF is wrong with you? Is Ben Carson a racist? NO? well he is a conservative you dumb shit.

from wiki:

Who started this thread?

This was a test thread for me. I wanted to witness truth versus madness with D's trying to explain their history.

:lol:

I hate to break it to you but it's no one's history. My grandfathers were both farmers that doesn't make me a farmer.

when the dixiecrats said to Kennedy and Johnson if they passed the laws that they did, they would leave the party so in 1964 they became republicans and still are ....

Moron. There were only two Dixiecrats of note that switched parties. The rest stayed D.

Goldwater won 88% of the vote in Mississippi in 1964, the same year the Civil Rights Act passed. He opposed the Civil Rights Act.

Mississippi hadn't voted Republican since 1872. Where did all those votes for Goldwater come from?

Robert KKK Byrd (D) fillibustered the civil rights act. Al Gore Sr (D) voted against it. It would never have passed without republican votes.

Absolutely.

Of course it would never have happened without Democrats introducing the Civil Rights Act- and voting by a majority for the Act- and if LBJ had not signed the Civil Rights Act into law.

Democrats passed the Civil Rights Act with Republican support.

Democrats also opposed the Civil Rights Act- along with every Republican congressman from the South.

Yes, thats correct. But what does this history lesson have to do with the politicians of today?

You libs and dems constantly try to allege that the GOP of today is the dem party of the 1960s, but its not.

We realize that you have a loser for a candidate and have to scrape the barrel for some way to hide her incompetence and lying, but come on, no one is buying this shit.

LOL- actually you have that backasswards as usual.

You Cons and Republicans keep are constantly trying to allege- as shown in this thread- that every Democrat today is exactly the same as every Southern Democrat of 1960- conveniently ignoring that Southern Democrats were ALWAYS deeply conservative.

Neither Democrats or Republicans are the same as either Democrats or Republicans of 1960.

Who started this thread?

bullshit. conservative does not mean racist. WTF is wrong with you? Is Ben Carson a racist? NO? well he is a conservative you dumb shit.

he didn't say that.

But the Southern Democrats who were the most vocal racists of the 1960's were all Conservative.

The Northern Democrats- and by today's standards, many of the Northern Republicans were Liberal or Moderates.

from wiki:

Who started this thread?

Southern Democrats were often members of the KKK.
Northern Democrats were not.

You want to lump all Democrats the same- and you want to tar all Democrats as being former members of the KKK.

Here is the thing.

The African American community decided starting in the 1940's, that the Democrats were beginning to represent their interests more than the Republicans were. There was a movement from the 1940's to the 1960's of the black vote going Republican to Democrat- because Democrats were perceived as better representing the interests of African Americans- this was due to efforts by Eleanor Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy and LBJ.

Some of them may well have been racists- but they promoted policies that step by step improved the civil rights for African Americans.

By the time Kennedy proposed the Civil Rights Act- and LBJ pushed it through Congress- the conversion was pretty much complete- and since that time two things have happened.

Southern Conservatives went from voting Democratic to Republican and African Americans went from voting Republican to Democratic.

So now you're claiming that the 90 year Democratic majority in Mississippi was not segregationist?

Holy fuck on a bun!

from wiki:

LOL- this whole thread is about digging up the past- and this thread was not started by any Clinton or Obama supporter.

Has Trump signed a pledge not to join the Klan?

has hillary signed a pledge to stop being a lesbian? Bill says she gets more pussy than he does.

:lame2:

What a really stupid and lame lie.

:link:

nope, the talk in DC from the beginning of the Clinton regime was that Hillary was a lesbian and that she and Bubba shared girlfriends. Maybe Vince Foster was going public with that----------------------

Well that was the talk amongst the idiot Konspiracy theorists in DC- apparently that includes .you.

Nope, that was coming from people working in the white house during those years. People who saw them on a daily basis. I worked in DC during that time as a government contractor doing consultant work.

Like I said- that was the talk amongst the idiot Konspiracy theorists in DC.

I had friends working in the State Department at that time- no such talk- it was all outside the beltway with the kooky Konspiracy people like you.

The ones accusing the Clintons of killing Vince Foster and the rest.

"you libs have to dig up the past" when in fact it was the OP digging up Truman's past in 1924.

Good reponsible Americans from the left to the right will not let the crazy kooks of the far reactionary right get away with rewriting history.

"you libs have to dig up the past" when in fact it was the OP digging up Truman's past in 1924.

Good reponsible Americans from the left to the right will not let the crazy kooks of the far reactionary right get away with rewriting history.

Who started this Jake?

You get boing boing digging up that a Fred Trump was arrested at a KKK rally in 1928?

And I'm and others are just going to eat this shit and not fight back?

THEY FUCKING STARTED IT.

NOW IT'S GAME FUCKING ON.

Democrat excuse #150, "he was a member for just a short time". Just about all democrat candidates were affiliated with the KKK when they needed support from the racist democrat party base. Democrats were knee deep in segregationist KKK politics when FDR appointed a former KKK member to the Supreme Court.
Funny the republicans use that same excuse.

Ok Jake. The left brings up Trump's father and NOW IM A FUCKING ASSHOLE FOR BRINGING UP TRUMAN?

I"M THE BAD FUCKING GUy?

Truman was a member of the KKK and the best defense the left can come up with is that "democrats were conservative" at that time? You almost gotta laugh.

Forum List

Back