So what IS the best way to reduce or prevent mass shootings?

Can never prevent a mass shooting. Murder's illegal already but that's never prevented murder from occuring. Best you can do is mitigate them when they occur. And though the crossfire'd be a bitch, the best mitigation tactic is to have everyone armed.

If everyone was armed the shooters wouldn't be doing mass shootings….they want unarmed victims because they want to murder people, they aren't looking for a shoot out otherwise they wouldn't pick "gun free zones" and they would stand and fight the police instead of committing suicide.

The benefit of universal concealed or open carry of guns by normal people….it will keep mass shooters from attacking…..that is what the anti gunners don't understand.

While it'd help it isn't practical. Not everyone wants to carry a weapon everywhere they go. I sure as hell don't, don't even want one anymore. Had one when working security and another for home protection, but I didn't like the mental place it forced me into. Shouldn't be viewing people as potential threats. But I like having the option if things get worse.

I am just talking about giving people that choice…not mandatory, but universal carry for all who want to do it.

Find a nice spot to live where you meet and have relationships with your neighbors and don't feel at risk. Been here 16 years, never needed or felt like having a weapon would be a good idea.

Attacking somebody with a firearm and defending yourself with a firearm are two totally different things. No wonder you are so confused.
The guy who burst in was defending himself.
He wasn't going to shoot anyone until the householder reached for a weapon.

No, he had every intention on shooting somebody and put himself in that position. Much different than when you are minding your own business and somebody attacks you. Self-defense does not mean attacking another person. Look it up in the dictionary or on Wiki.

Well...if you really want to you can ignore police instructions, track down a teen ager, pick a fight with him then kill him and get away with it. If you don't believe it ask the piece of shit George Zimmerman....the guy who shot Treyvon Martin. That useless bastard has been in and out of trouble several times since that happened. He was a cop wannabe.

Once again, learn the difference between being attacked and being the attacker.

Zimmerman was talking to police for a couple of minutes and hung up with them. That piece of garbage Martin was hiding between the houses waiting on Zimmerman. When Zimmerman walked by him, Martin attacked.

Zimmerman suffered several injuries including a back injury, two black eyes, a broken nose, and lacerations to the back of the head. Martin on the other hand sustained not even a superficial wound. This according to the autopsy report.

As a CCW holder in my state, I can tell you that in most places, the laws are pretty uniform. In our state (and Florida) the law reads "A licensed firearm carrier can use deadly force if they believe that they (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death."

Given the multiple injuries Zimmerman suffered, it's more than clear he had every reason to believe he was in jeopardy of just that: serious bodily harm or death. That's why he's a free man. I would have shot Martin too and I probably wouldn't have even been changed unless my attacker was black and it drew national attention.

That's a goddamned boldfaced lie and you sir are a goddamned boldfaced liar!! It was a teen aged boy wearing a hoodie eating skittles. He was in the neighborhood visiting his father. The people around Sanford, FL are among the most racially prejudiced people in the world. I've been there numerous times in my life, I know. You people should be looking directly at folks like me when you tell lies like that. I would knock some of that bullshit out of you!!

No, the lie is that zimmerman was responsible…..Martin could have lived had he simply chosen not to attack a complete stranger…and simply walked home……he wanted to pound on zimmerman and it cost him his life….try following the trial…..

Can never prevent a mass shooting. Murder's illegal already but that's never prevented murder from occuring. Best you can do is mitigate them when they occur. And though the crossfire'd be a bitch, the best mitigation tactic is to have everyone armed.

If everyone was armed the shooters wouldn't be doing mass shootings….they want unarmed victims because they want to murder people, they aren't looking for a shoot out otherwise they wouldn't pick "gun free zones" and they would stand and fight the police instead of committing suicide.

The benefit of universal concealed or open carry of guns by normal people….it will keep mass shooters from attacking…..that is what the anti gunners don't understand.

While it'd help it isn't practical. Not everyone wants to carry a weapon everywhere they go. I sure as hell don't, don't even want one anymore. Had one when working security and another for home protection, but I didn't like the mental place it forced me into. Shouldn't be viewing people as potential threats. But I like having the option if things get worse.

I am just talking about giving people that choice…not mandatory, but universal carry for all who want to do it.

Find a nice spot to live where you meet and have relationships with your neighbors and don't feel at risk. Been here 16 years, never needed or felt like having a weapon would be a good idea.

Yeah…if you stay out of tiny, mulit block areas in democrat controlled cities you will most likely never experience violent crime…..

Yeah…if you stay out of tiny, mulit block areas in democrat controlled cities you will most likely never experience violent crime…..

First rule of self-defense is situational awareness. If you're somewhere you don't feel safe, relocate. It's not 'I don't feel safe. I need my weapon.' It's, 'Don't stay there dummy.'

First rule of self-defense is situational awareness. If you're somewhere you don't feel safe, relocate. It's not 'I don't feel safe. I need my weapon.' It's, 'Don't stay there dummy.'

Not everyone has that option…….

Not everyone has that option…….

Most people are stupid.

A gun is not a perfect solution to a security problem. Might keep you alive, but in doing so may put you in debt for the rest of your life paying a civil suit for wrongful death or the like. Even if aquitted criminally, can still lose in civil court. Ask OJ.

So it's considerably wiser to avoid situations requiring lethal force in the first place.

every day you come here making a fool of yourself spewing the same ol talking points, showing everybody what a partisan lemming you are,
keepo ranting about the old dead white guy that would be well over a hundred years old...........................while your Messiah Obama keeps making the very richest richer and the poorest poorer; it really is revealing to see just how far you morons will go denying basic realities and inconvenient facts!!

We re-elected him in the middle of the worst recession since the great depression. I suggest that since all your congressional folks did for eight years was try to keep him from being elected for a second term and all they'rer doing now is attempting to undo Obamacare and get some more tax cuts for their rich buddies that you shut the fuck up and practice on "Madame President!"

it's awkward and embarrassing watching left-wing losers embarrass themselves every day with moronic talking points. Reagan didn't do anything his Democrat congress didn't want him to do for the most party. of all Presidents who had to work with the other Party THIS President had so many from the other Party voting for his policies a whole new term, Reagan democrats, was coined to describe them

libs are simply morons who lie to themselves

what a total waste of copied and pasted charts and graphs!1

idiot

Yeah dumbass...Democrats engineered the massive tax cuts for the rich and went in debt to fund them. Surely you're trying to shit me.....either that or you're lucky to be looking around and drawing air....I think the latter

you're a laughable idiot trying to re-write history

You just described the Right Wingers at this site. I'd be ashamed to be a part of a political constituency which had abandoned the middle class and stands for nothing except tax cuts for the wealthy and supporting corporations which fund their bid to be re-elected.

it's awkward and embarrassing watching left-wing losers embarrass themselves every day with moronic talking points. Reagan didn't do anything his Democrat congress didn't want him to do for the most party. of all Presidents who had to work with the other Party THIS President had so many from the other Party voting for his policies a whole new term, Reagan democrats, was coined to describe them

idiot

Yeah dumbass...Democrats engineered the massive tax cuts for the rich and went in debt to fund them. Surely you're trying to shit me.....either that or you're lucky to be looking around and drawing air....I think the latter

You just described the Right Wingers at this site. I'd be ashamed to be a part of a political constituency which had abandoned the middle class and stands for nothing except tax cuts for the wealthy and supporting corporations which fund their bid to be re-elected.
Another meaningless statement that has nothing to do with the topic.

idiot

Hurts Don't It??

idiot

Hurts Don't It??
You making meaningless, off topic statements?
The only thing hurt by those statements is your credibility as a sentient being.

Hurts Don't It??
The only thing hurt by those statements is your credibility as a sentient being.

If all I had as reference was Faux News I wouldn't be knocking others.

Forrest-Gump-Quotes-3.jpg

Hurts Don't It??

Hurts Don't It??

My credibility is twice as good as the warmongering, draft dodging, tax cutting, debt building George W. Bush!! Take that to the bank!!

I didn't double the national debt and get 6000 young Americans killed....most of them in the war that was unnecessary. Those are substantiated facts. Google "935 Lies" and see what pops up.

Hurts Don't It??
My credibility is...
...reduced ever time you make a statement that has nothing to do with the topic.

idiot

I'd be ashamed if the person I elected for President also had the support of the US Communist Party. I would be ashamed if my party stood for making as many people dependent on the government as they could. I would be ashamed if my parties ultimate goal was to disarm law biding citizens.

And what if you can't afford to live anywhere safer? Not many live in a bad neighborhood because they have options.

Attacking somebody with a firearm and defending yourself with a firearm are two totally different things. No wonder you are so confused.

No, he had every intention on shooting somebody and put himself in that position. Much different than when you are minding your own business and somebody attacks you. Self-defense does not mean attacking another person. Look it up in the dictionary or on Wiki.

Well...if you really want to you can ignore police instructions, track down a teen ager, pick a fight with him then kill him and get away with it. If you don't believe it ask the piece of shit George Zimmerman....the guy who shot Treyvon Martin. That useless bastard has been in and out of trouble several times since that happened. He was a cop wannabe.

Zimmerman was talking to police for a couple of minutes and hung up with them. That piece of garbage Martin was hiding between the houses waiting on Zimmerman. When Zimmerman walked by him, Martin attacked.

Zimmerman suffered several injuries including a back injury, two black eyes, a broken nose, and lacerations to the back of the head. Martin on the other hand sustained not even a superficial wound. This according to the autopsy report.

As a CCW holder in my state, I can tell you that in most places, the laws are pretty uniform. In our state (and Florida) the law reads "A licensed firearm carrier can use deadly force if they believe that they (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death."

Given the multiple injuries Zimmerman suffered, it's more than clear he had every reason to believe he was in jeopardy of just that: serious bodily harm or death. That's why he's a free man. I would have shot Martin too and I probably wouldn't have even been changed unless my attacker was black and it drew national attention.

zimmerman was living the gun nut dream, to some day shoot him a Darkie.

Unfortunately, it was a 17 year old kid who was out buying candy, but he was living the dream.

So just ignore that Zimmerman molested his cousin, got fired from his job as a bouncer for breaking a woman's leg, has been arrested a couple of times for slapping his wife and girlfriends around. (Ladies, seriously, you can do better!) He was done living the gun nut dream of shooting one of those menacing darkies!

One of those menacing drakies? You mean like the menacing drakie he took to his school prom?

It's you people in the whitest neighborhood you can afford that call others racist. At least Zimmerman lived with those menacing drakies. How many are in your neighborhood?

Last edited:

That's a goddamned boldfaced lie and you sir are a goddamned boldfaced liar!! It was a teen aged boy wearing a hoodie eating skittles. He was in the neighborhood visiting his father. The people around Sanford, FL are among the most racially prejudiced people in the world. I've been there numerous times in my life, I know. You people should be looking directly at folks like me when you tell lies like that. I would knock some of that bullshit out of you!!

Well then, you better bring a friend.

Now what is it I lied about tough guy? I backup everything I say. I have everything I need right here in my Zimmerman folder; dozens of stories. So go ahead, make my day.

The thug was not visiting his father, he was dumped on his father because his mother threw the little bastard out. He was suspended from school AGAIN and she couldn't tolerate him any longer.

Forum List

Back