So what should Obama have done?

You really seem obsessed with me. I'm all you can talk about

That's cute, you're in every thread in the board spouting your stupid bullshit and every time someone calls you out for stupidity you come back with "you're obsessed with me"

Here's a hint - You're trying too hard.

And we can add this to The Big List of Lies conjob Has Told.

del is the 1st person I have ever said that too

You really seem obsessed with me. I'm all you can talk about

That's cute, you're in every thread in the board spouting your stupid bullshit and every time someone calls you out for stupidity you come back with "you're obsessed with me"

Actually , you've said it to me twice. LIAR

Actually , you've said it to me twice. LIAR

Where? (and since when is twice "every time")

Where? (and since when is twice "every time")

And once again, the conjob disappears when his lies are exposed

LOL

going to bed = disappears? By the way Sangha, anyone who reads your drivel knows who the liar here is, so I'm not worried about proving anything.

Didn't you say that you were done with this thread for a 2nd time?

So why are you back for a 2nd time

ANd why can't you point out where I've said you're obsessed with me twice?

You're a coward and a liar. You say one thing, and do another, and you're too chicken to defend your own words

And once again, the conjob disappears when his lies are exposed

LOL

going to bed = disappears? By the way Sangha, anyone who reads your drivel knows who the liar here is, so I'm not worried about proving anything.

You're a coward and a liar. You say one thing, and do another, and you're too chicken to defend your own words

Why do you relegate yourself to a low level trolling position? :eusa_whistle:

:lol:
LOL

I think it's hilarious when you pretend be the boards' nanny

:lol:

I think it's hilarious when you pretend be the boards' nanny

I see your still trolling :lol:

Sanga, why do you use Bush's response to Katrina as a defense for Obama's stupidity. To me both Presidents have failed on these disasters and you have proved what a partisan hack you are.

Sanga, why do you use Bush's response to Katrina as a defense for Obama's stupidity. .

Pg, why don't you learn how to read?

I use Katrina to show the rights hypocrisy.

It was OK for bush to stay on vacation while people were dying in NO, but it's horrible that Obama stayed on vacation even though no one (aside from the 11 killed in the explosion, and Obama couldn't do anything for them) was dying?

It was OK for bush to ignore Gov Blanco's requests for assistance, and then LIE about it and claim Blanco never asked for assistance, but when Obama OK's Jindals requests, it's horrible.

To me both Presidents have failed on these disasters and you have proved what a partisan hack you are

And we have another rightwinger who sure Obama didn't do something, but who can't say what it is

Sanga, why do you use Bush's response to Katrina as a defense for Obama's stupidity. To me both Presidents have failed on these disasters and you have proved what a partisan hack you are.

bulls-eye.jpg

bulls-eye.jpg

Smart move posting with pictures. They are at your exact reading level, so now you'll understand what you post

I'd be willing to compare IQ's , education levels, academic achievements , or reading comprehension skills with you any day of the week.

The MMS already is supposed to do this, and ALREADY collects $Billions to fund it, but chooses to only use about $6 million for oil spill emergency management.

ACtually, it's not.

The Minerals Management Service (MMS), a bureau in the U.S. Department of the Interior, is the Federal agency that manages the nation's natural gas, oil and other mineral resources on the outer continental shelf (OCS). The agency also collects, accounts for and disburses an average of $13.7 billion per year in revenues from Federal offshore mineral leases and from onshore mineral leases on Federal and American Indian lands. The program is national in scope and is headquartered in Washington, D.C.

The money they collect is passed on to the treasury. Maybe they SHOULD have the responsiblity for deep water oil disaster response, but as of right now,, they don't.

You are correct. BP is responsible, and not just financially, for plugging the leak. MMS has responsibility for overseeing the effort.

Maybe you ought go to this link.

I know, I know, .......it will be much more difficult to educate yourselves as to what your government claims to be ITS JOB than to Parrot "BP is responsible".....but try it.....I'll even offer you a cracker for your effort.

Mission – The Minerals Management Service manages MMS Funding
access to the Nation's energy and mineral resources of
the Outer Continental Shelf to help meet the domestic
demands and other needs of the United States while
balancing such access with the protection of the human,
marine, and coastal environments.

How important did the Obama administration feel their duty related to oil spill prevention was?

Oil Spill Research Program – This program supports
oil pollution research and other duties related to oil
spill prevention
, as authorized by the Oil Pollution Act
of 1990. The National Oil Spill Response Test Facility is
the only one of its type in the world providing full-scale
equipment and methodology testing in a safe, controlled
environment. The budget proposes total funding of $6.3
million in 2011, which is equal to 2010

$6.3 million?

REALLY!!!??? THAT's IT????

With 2,000,000,000.00 in annual funding, from Royalties, Fees, etc, they could only caugh up $6,300,000.00 to fund oils spill research???

Well, the horse really is already out of the barn for the Obama Administration to actually have done their jobs. So I suppose that now there's not much more the administration, or you can do but repeat,

"BP's responsibility, BP's responsibility"
parrot.jpg

wanna craker?

Smart move posting with pictures. They are at your exact reading level, so now you'll understand what you post

I'd be willing to compare IQ's , education levels, academic achievements , or reading comprehension skills with you any day of the week.

Better yet, why don't you compare what you said you would do (stop talking to me in one thread) with what you really did (continued talking to me in that thread) :lol:

Detonation would seal it. Might have to be a nuclear detonation, but the loss of marine life would be no worse than what we're going to have to endure anyway.

I would have ordered the Navy in there about week 2 and sealed it off for good, but then again, I don't have a standing tee time with my buddies either..

Detonation would seal it. Might have to be a nuclear detonation, but the loss of marine life would be no worse than what we're going to have to endure anyway.

I would have ordered the Navy in there about week 2 and sealed it off for good, but then again, I don't have a standing tee time with my buddies either..

This was the first thing I thought about a week into the spill: Nuc it.

Why hasn't Obama called for the suspension of the Jones Act which keeps some of the best and most modern and advanced foreign owned ships from helping in the Gulf?

Some of these countries say they have offered to help by bringing their ships to the Gulf to collect oil from the waters there..... but cannot help out.

The president could do this with an Executive Order....

Really makes you wonder (The unions are opposed; they really love the Jones Act).

Within days of the oil spill, several European nations and thirteen countries in total apparently offered the Obama administration ships to assist in the clean-up of the Gulf. When asked about this, a State Department press spokesman refused to identify any offers of assistance.

According to one newspaper, European firms could complete the task in four months, rather than an estimated nine months if done only by the U.S. Working with the U.S., the cleanup could be accomplished in three months. The Belgian firm DEME contends it can clean up the oil with accuracy at a depth of 2,000 meters. Another European firm with capabilities is the Belgian firm Jan De Nul Group. There are also Dutch companies with similar special equipment capable of accelerating cleaning-up the Gulf. The Belgians and the Dutch are also long time NATO allies and as such partners in international security cooperation.

According to the article, no U.S. companies have the ships which can accomplish this task is because those ships would cost twice as much to build in the U.S. as they do outside the country. This is one adverse impact of the Jones Act, which Congress passed in 1920s. This piece of protectionism has only hampered an anemic American maritime industry. It also has prevented a quicker response to the oil spill. European firms do have the expertise to clean up the spill.

To Save the Gulf, Send the Jones Act to Davy Jones’ Locker

Last edited:

Forum List

Back