So What Was The Point of Obamacare Again?

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Once again, the results are the exact opposite of the stated liberal intent.

y0o_hh_kd0cuwvrfkpz9ra.png

From the WSJ:

Early signals suggest the majority of the 2.2 million people who sought to enroll in private insurance through new marketplaces through Dec. 28 were previously covered elsewhere, raising questions about how swiftly this part of the health overhaul will be able to make a significant dent in the number of uninsured.

Insurers, brokers and consultants estimate at least two-thirds of those consumers previously bought their own coverage or were enrolled in employer-backed plans.

So What Was The Point of Obamacare Again National Review Online

I don't know, I hope the Republicans repeal it. That would put the American "health care system" crisis back in the headlines, front-and-center, as millions lose "insurance coverage" and revert to the prior conditions. Let Republicans own their medieval ways.

Obamacare was simply a windfall for insurance companies in the short term and a stepping stone to single payer.

It's so awful that the outcry will be great and then the idiots who gave us this disaster will tell us that single payer is the only thing that can save it.

It's a scam, a disaster, and the majority of Americans fell for it.

The point of ObamaCare was to benefit Big Government and its Cronies...in this particular case, Big Insurance and Big Pharma.

Last edited:
The point of ObamaCare was to benefit Big Government and it's Cronies...in this particular case, Big Insurance and Big Pharma.
Fine, get rid of it. BTW, I hope you're willing to give up your Medicare.

I'd be perfectly happy to keep my tax money to invest in my own health savings account, to pay for regular health care services on my own, and have a catastrophic care policy. This combination would be far less expensive than the government enabled health care insurance monstrosity which is just a way to make prepaid health care incredibly expensive.

When I was born (1963) the hospital stay cost my parents $50.

Can we go back to that?

I was asking about part D of medicare for my father. Seems like he never signed up for part D. So I called his insurance company and asked about a perscription plan. I was told that if he has not signed up there is a penalty for doing so. A person with 5 years is paying a penalty of 20 dollars per month. He is 17 years past 65 I can't imagine the penalty.

So I asked what was the point of the penalty, silence. I finally said I think it is to help them, the insurance company, not my dad.

Part of the advertised increase in insured that ObamaCare was supposed to bring was the Medicaid expansion. A lot of red states have refused it, though.

Obamacare was simply a windfall for insurance companies in the short term and a stepping stone to single payer.

It's so awful that the outcry will be great and then the idiots who gave us this disaster will tell us that single payer is the only thing that can save it.

it's like putting Barney Frank and Chris Dodd in charge of reforming our banking system. It's like making Hannibal Lecter White House Chef

When I was born (1963) the hospital stay cost my parents $50.

Can we go back to that?

I've come to the conclusion that what we pay in co-pays is what health care would cost if there were no insurance whatsoever. By making health insurance a tax deductible benefit for corporations (thanks to FDR's wage controls), the net result has been to suppress wage growth while money is funneled to Big Insurance Government Cronies.

it's like putting Barney Frank and Chris Dodd in charge of reforming our banking system. It's like making Hannibal Lecter White House Chef

Depending on the guest list, that's a very good idea!

I think taking back the House in 2010 and the Senate in 2014 shows the majority did not fall for it.

It just takes time.

The people's House of Reps repealed it numerous times.

Senators better get on board or more get fired in 2016.

Forum List

Back