So what's next week's smear against Romney Obama will pull out of his ass ?

Conservatives whining about campaign smears. Too fuckin' funny.

:eusa_angel:Just goes to show what cowards the lefties are hiding behind a rock. Remember the left are the ones bringing these smears up and when that happens the conservatives put up a fight. Just because the left believes these are just non-issue items doesn't mean they are.

Speaks directly to character doesnt it?

So what you're saying is that we are allowed to criticize Dear Leader, but we need to check the the ministry of criticism on acceptable topics first?

Of course mentioning an unacceptable topic may trigger some reeducation time...

Um, no.

Really?

Because it sure looks like that is exactly what you're claiming - that we are "racist" because we criticize Obama for subjects that are not approved of by the party.

Feel free to point out where I called anyone a racist. Are those subjects I criticize him on approved by the party? Do you have a list or something cause I'm sort of out of favor with "The Party" and they must have forgotten to send me the list of acceptable criticizisms of the President.

lets just remember what the right did to a decorated war hero in 2004

Pointed out his own words and actions?

What did the "Right" say about Kerry that wasn't true?

He was an anti-war protestor.

He did accuse his fellow soldiers of horrible crimes in Vietnam.

You don't really think that the whole Swift Boat thing was about getting a Purple Heart for an owie, do you?

purpleheartbandaid.jpg

Well it is too early to pull out Romneys secret morman wives out...

The DNC already spent their allottment for the "infidelity/sexual harrassment" bit with Herman Cain, so they can't afford to pay off women to say Mitt Romney groped em in a closet.

The tax issue isn't going away for the governor.

The Fast & Furious and Security leaks aren't going away for the president either.
Or any other f-up he's made.........

I hope not. A man's critics are his best friend insofar as they reveal his shortcomings. Or something like that. Obama has been a good President; not great. Certainly better than his predecessor's last term. The Governor seems to have nothing to offer except more of Bush's policies which resulted in TARP and recession.

they claimed he got his silver medal by faking a report

You realize it was called a "Silver Star", and that yeah, there were some questions about that action.. First, he beached his boat. Frankly, that was just reckless, because it rendered his boat's gun useless. (It pointed away from the battle.) If things went badly, they'd have lost the boat.

Second, he shot a vietnamese kid. There were questions about whether that kid was running away or not, or whether he was armed.

In any event, the highest award the Army gave out for that same engagement was the Army Commendation medal.. which is quite a bit below the Silver Star.

Of course, the issue was not whether he deserved the medals. The issue was whether or not he threw them back at Congress.

The issue was whether he slandered teh troops.

The issue was whether he engaged in conduct unbecoming while an anti-war protester while still being technically in the Naval Reserve. (It should be pointed out that his records look like they were heavily scrubbed in the late 1970's.)

see what you are doing here?

The man won a medal for protecting his crew.

your a fucking dickhead and a piece of shit

Obviously, you've never served in the military.

What he did was render the men's weapon useless (A gun on the PBT was mounted Aft and he beached the boat forward) and put the boat in a position where it would have been harder to retreat if the action had gone bad or there were more VC there than they thought there were.

When you question the medals awarded in war for poltical reasons you demean honorable service.

Kerry is a war hero wether you like his poltics or not.

slime

Again, if you ever served in the military, you'd know that how medals are awarded is the most political thing of all.

Which is why you see officers with chests full of medals and enlisted men, not so much.

Of course, if you really think the issue with Kerry was his medals, you're even stupider than I think you are..

The issue was the LIES he told when he got back.

they claimed he got his silver medal by faking a report

You realize it was called a "Silver Star", and that yeah, there were some questions about that action..

First, he beached his boat. Frankly, that was just reckless, because it rendered his boat's gun useless. (It pointed away from the battle.) If things went badly, they'd have lost the boat.

Second, he shot a vietnamese kid. There were questions about whether that kid was running away or not, or whether he was armed.

In any event, the highest award the Army gave out for that same engagement was the Army Commendation medal.. which is quite a bit below the Silver Star.

Of course, the issue was not whether he deserved the medals. The issue was whether or not he threw them back at Congress.

The issue was whether he engaged in conduct unbecoming while an anti-war protester while still being technically in the Naval Reserve. (It should be pointed out that his records look like they were heavily scrubbed in the late 1970's.)
Wow, you really don't know what you're talking about in regards to this incident.

1. No, the "gun" was not "pointed away from the battle". Furthermore, it in no way was rendered useles.

2. The VC was 27 years old. There was no question whatsoever as whether or not he was armed. He had a loaded B-40.

3. Yes, I was awarded an Army Commendation medal with "V" device. But, once again, you are wrong. Another Army advisor, Cpt Mike Miggins, was awarded the Bronze Star.

As is always the case, those who find fault with this incident, and Kerry's awarding of the Silver Star, were not there. Those who were there have no problem with it being awarded.

We also know what happened, and did not happen.

You don't.

Doug Reese

You realize it was called a "Silver Star", and that yeah, there were some questions about that action.. First, he beached his boat. Frankly, that was just reckless, because it rendered his boat's gun useless. (It pointed away from the battle.) If things went badly, they'd have lost the boat.

What he did was render the men's weapon useless (A gun on the PBT was mounted Aft and he beached the boat forward) and put the boat in a position where it would have been harder to retreat if the action had gone bad or there were more VC there than they thought there were.
Obviously, you've never served on a Swift Boat.

They had an M-60 at the very front (I was Army and will not use Navy terms :) ) of the boat.

There was a twin-50 on top that could swivel 360 degrees.

There was another .50 at the back of the boat, and/or another M-60.

No weapons were rendered useless. None.

At that particular time, there was another Swift Boat covering Kerry's boat, if in fact he needed to be covered.

Doug Reese

Last edited:

They had an M-60 at the very front (I was Army and will not use Navy terms :) ) of the boat.

At that particular time, there was another Swift Boat covering Kerry's boat, if in fact he needed to be covered.

Doug Reese

Forest Gump, the 50 Cal was pointed away from the battle.

And teh boat was beached, which meant that a bunch of guys were needed to push it to get back into the water.

But again- one more time- I don't care if this was a case of medal inflation. I've seen them pin medals on guys who died of heart attacks so their families would feel better. Medal inflation is what makes the military run. Especially for the officers who just love pinning medal on each other.

The problem all these guys had with Kerry is when he got back, he threw those medals at Congress- well, he threw someone's medals at Congress, probably ones he picked up at an Army Surplus store - and said they were all out there raping babies.

That's why they were pissed at him, and rightfully so.

Doug Reese

Forest Gump, the 50 Cal was pointed away from the battle.

And teh boat was beached, which meant that a bunch of guys were needed to push it to get back into the water.

But again- one more time- I don't care if this was a case of medal inflation. I've seen them pin medals on guys who died of heart attacks so their families would feel better. Medal inflation is what makes the military run. Especially for the officers who just love pinning medal on each other.

The problem all these guys had with Kerry is when he got back, he threw those medals at Congress- well, he threw someone's medals at Congress, probably ones he picked up at an Army Surplus store - and said they were all out there raping babies.

That's why they were pissed at him, and rightfully so.
I have $10,000 that says I was there. I'll put that up against your $10.

The twin-50 was not pointed away from the battle. Do you even know what a Swift Boat looks like?

It did not need to be pushed back into the water. It was a canal bank, not an actual beach.

Doug Reese

Forum List

Back