So Why Can’t I Find Simple Data About This Pandemic?

You can see how many cases exist.

I want to know the mortality rate in the US and of those that died, how many had preexisting medical issues or were senior citizens? The rate that healthy young adults are dying tells you how bad this virus is.

It’s very basic information that details how bad this really is. Best I can find are estimates on mortality rates. That’s BS. It’s simple math.

And yes, I’m suspicious as to why it is so difficult to learn this information.

If you know of a website that has updated information, please link. If you don’t know either, what’s your guess on why this information is not at our fingertips?
The numbers are not at our fingertips because they change daily. Use numbers from a few days ago and they're probably worthless.
Give us the link to any such data as outlined in the OP, a day old or 2 weeks old. Hint: There isn’t any. Why is that?
It exists. It’s just not publicly available. I don’t know if anyone is currently aggregating that specific data. It will be done eventually and will be available to academic and research physicians and PhDs. That’s not the kind of information that is just publicly made available.
how do you know if it isn't publicly available? dude there you go again. posting magical words in a thread.

Because that’s what medical charting does. It documents who was diagnosed with what, what comorbidities they had and cause of death.

Good lord, dude. This isn’t that odd.
well experts making decisions that impact economic markets I would think use data that would be available to review. are you saying they are shooting from the hip without knowledge of trends? to get to trends one has data. If they wish to shut us in, I believe they have an obligation to show us the data that dictates such moves that has lead to the economic crashing in the markets. so spare me the you can't see them rigmarole stuff.

I want to know the mortality rate in the US and of those that died, how many had preexisting medical issues or were senior citizens? The rate that healthy young adults are dying tells you how bad this virus is.

It’s very basic information that details how bad this really is. Best I can find are estimates on mortality rates. That’s BS. It’s simple math.

If you know of a website that has updated information, please link. If you don’t know either, what’s your guess on why this information is not at our fingertips?
The numbers are not at our fingertips because they change daily. Use numbers from a few days ago and they're probably worthless.
Give us the link to any such data as outlined in the OP, a day old or 2 weeks old. Hint: There isn’t any. Why is that?
It exists. It’s just not publicly available. I don’t know if anyone is currently aggregating that specific data. It will be done eventually and will be available to academic and research physicians and PhDs. That’s not the kind of information that is just publicly made available.
how do you know if it isn't publicly available? dude there you go again. posting magical words in a thread.

Because that’s what medical charting does. It documents who was diagnosed with what, what comorbidities they had and cause of death.

well experts making decisions that impact economic markets I would think use data that would be available to review. are you saying they are shooting from the hip without knowledge of trends? to get to trends one has data. If they wish to shut us in, I believe they have an obligation to show us the data that dictates such moves that has lead to the economic crashing in the markets. so spare me the you can't see them rigmarole stuff.

I can’t tell you specifically what data they have. All our cases are reportable to the state department of health. However, I don’t know what every state is doing. The information exists and I know people are examining what has been aggregated but I can’t say exactly what is and isn’t compiled at this time.

I don’t think they have an obligation to show you that information. You wouldn’t know what to do with it anyway.

I can’t tell you specifically what data they have. All our cases are reportable to the state department of health. However, I don’t know what every state is doing. The information exists and I know people are examining what has been aggregated but I can’t say exactly what is and isn’t compiled at this time.

I don’t think they have an obligation to show you that information. You wouldn’t know what to do with it anyway.
I didn't ask you for data. I asked for the people who has the data to let us see it. fk you and you're constant condescension in here. fk you. I don't expect fk from you. stay away from my posts and follow someone else puppy

Why the secrecy of the data?
Because it shows this is just another flu bug is why.

I didn't ask you for data. I asked for the people who has the data to let us see it. fk you and you're constant condescension in here. fk you. I don't expect fk from you. stay away from my posts and follow someone else puppy

You responded to my post you dumb ass.

This thread is showing how the Left will believe anything the government tells them and just follow like blind sheep.

yes I did. I will leave you alone from now on. know this, you are an evil fk.

yes I did. I will leave you alone from now on. know this, you are an evil fk.

You’re an idiot.

This thread is showing how the Left will believe anything the government tells them and just follow like blind sheep.

What the hell do you think you’re going to do with the data anyway?

As with most Americans, I’ve lost a small fortune this month, probably a hundred million have lost their jobs, and hundreds of thousands of small businesses are forever closed because of this reaction to the virus.

And like a good sheeple you don’t think Americans have a right to know why.

Who said the Left are fascists?

[/QUOTE]

I think the angle you are missing here is that medical information can be released to the public as long as it doesn't contain personal identifying information ... to say "1,000 people have the XYZ infection" doesn't say who does or does not have it, so this information can be released to the public ...

We do make this information public every year for the flu ... Weatherman2020 is asking why we aren't doing the same for Covid-19 ... it's a good question and the answer may be as mundane as the CDC hasn't created a web page for it yet ... the virus has only been known for 3 months, and the CDC is a government operation ... it takes weeks and months of red tape to even bid out the job to someone ... weeks and months of re-wtites and authorization for cost overruns ... weeks and months of testing and focus group discussions ... we're only going a few trillions of dollars into debt, what's the big rush ...

My son: "We Millennials aren't going to pay for this, our children will ... we've learned by our parent's example" ... how pragmatic ...

As with most Americans, I’ve lost a small fortune this month, probably a hundred million have lost their jobs, and hundreds of thousands of small businesses are forever closed because of this reaction to the virus.

Because you don’t know what you’re looking at. The idea you have a right to aggregated health data is ludicrous.

I think the angle you are missing here is that medical information can be released to the public as long as it doesn't contain personal identifying information ... to say "1,000 people have the XYZ infection" doesn't say who does or does not have it, so this information can be released to the public ...

We do make this information public every year for the flu ... Weatherman2020 is asking why we aren't doing the same for Covid-19 ... it's a good question and the answer may be as mundane as the CDC hasn't created a web page for it yet ... the virus has only been known for 3 months, and the CDC is a government operation ... it takes weeks and months of red tape to even bid out the job to someone ... weeks and months of re-wtites and authorization for cost overruns ... weeks and months of testing and focus group discussions ... we're only going a few trillions of dollars into debt, what's the big rush ...

My son: "We Millennials aren't going to pay for this, our children will ... we've learned by our parent's example" ... how pragmatic ...
[/QUOTE]
Yet the governments at every level rushed to shutdown the economy. And John Q Public showed what Lemmings we are and went along with it without question. That’s the scary part.
Stage is set for the public to be manipulated in all kinds of ways now.

Because you don’t know what you’re looking at. The idea you have a right to aggregated health data is ludicrous.
BS.
I know what every health issue by races, sexes, age groups are. Except the one they crushed the world economy over.

BS.
I know what every health issue by races, sexes, age groups are. Except the one they crushed the world economy over.
How do you know that?

Incredible to see people advocating that we are not entitled to data.
Right? fk them and their sheep. there is absolutely no rationale to make such a partisan statement.
Well the post directly above yours told you that you are too dumb to understand anyway.
You are too dumb to look at something that says:
HINI-1.5 million infections at 30 days
Covid-50,000 infections at 30 days

That’s just too advanced for you and me but after some time in the liberal re-education camps we should be able to comprehend

Last edited:
Incredible to see people advocating that we are not entitled to data.
Right? fk them and their sheep. there is absolutely no rationale to make such a partisan statement.
Well the above yours told you that you are too dumb to understand anyway.
You are too dumb to look at something that says:
HINI-1.5 million infections at 30 days
Covid-50,000 infections at 30 days

That’s just too advanced for you and me but after some time in the liberal re-education camps we should be able to comprehend
yep, the art of condescension is prevalent in that dude. Non stop daily. they tell me to fk my math skills their teachers taught me and I acquired over the experience in my position for 43 years. yep, they got it. now that should tell anyone watching what we're dealing with.

A severe case of Covid-19 takes 3-6 weeks to play out one way or another. Of the US's current 51,766 active cases, more than 50,000 were confirmed in the past 10 days. If you want a semi-accurate mortality rate, it's going to take a while longer. Before the past 10 days, the sample size was too small.
So America shutdown and crushed our economy over something you admit we know nothing about.
Because of the uncertainty, because we were not massively testing to know more, to be able to isolate the infected, is why the stock market dropped 10,000 points on the DOW in just about a week.... And why businesses were forced to shut down and shelter in place...

---------------------

Commenting on the country’s good results, South Korean Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-wha told the BBC, “Testing is central because that leads to early detection, it minimises further spread and it quickly treats those found with the virus. That is the key behind our very low fatality rate as well.”

It has been said many times: Test, test, test.

Unfortunately, the United States has been of the worst — if not the worst — for testing for COVID-19.

We are naughty behind other nations....
No, the market is crashing because the economy has been shutdown and hundreds of millions forced out of work.

I’m asking for why. And I’m being proven right, no one can say why.
It is being based on other countries ahead of us, what they did to mitigate with testing, isolating, and quarantining, and their supply of protective gear, and quick, extensive testing compared to our readiness and quick response....

We've been woefully unprepared and late with testing, and medical readiness.

So, they are preparing for the worst, and hoping for the best....

It's all they and we, can do.

Forum List

Back