🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So why is Obama insulting 96.5% of Americans...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
while courting 3.5% of Americans???

According to a Williams Institute review conducted in April 2011, approximately 3.5% of American adults identify themselves as lesbian, gay or bisexual, while 0.3% are transgender—which would correspond to approximately 11.7 million Americans as of the 2010 Census.
LGBT demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If Obama is so smart why other then campaign donations payback is this attention to gay issues?

Conservatives underestimate the impact of the gay vote.
Gays may be 3.5% of the population, but they have family, friends, neighbors and coworkers who look at them and say .......He or she is a good person....why can't they marry the person they love?

Conservatives are coming off as petty and cruel on this issue and they will pay a price at the polls

Conservatives might well pay a heavy price at the polls, but it would be because the nation as a whole is moving toward depravity and degeneracy. Decency is not tolerated in such a toxic atmosphere.

If Obama is so smart why other then campaign donations payback is this attention to gay issues?

cookie-monster-wtf-is-this-thumb-324x314-1553831.jpg

Someone translate this sentence for me.

According to a Williams Institute review conducted in April 2011, approximately 3.5% of American adults identify themselves as lesbian, gay or bisexual, while 0.3% are transgender—which would correspond to approximately 11.7 million Americans as of the 2010 Census.

Because gay people deserve equal treatment....:eusa_eh:

Doesn't matter what % of the population a group is, if they are being mistreated then the issue deserves the attention. It's really just that simple.

Conservatives might well pay a heavy price at the polls, but it would be because the nation as a whole is moving toward depravity and degeneracy. Decency is not tolerated in such a toxic atmosphere.

The problem for conservatives is that the "God hates fags" crowd is losing influence. More people meet gays in their daily lives and do not consider them to be evil
More and more Americans look at it as an issue of fairness

Doing so is the right thing to do; not doing so is un-American and spits on the principles upon which are nation was founded.

Why do you hate Obama and have you been treated for OCD? If not, maybe you should.

how is this insulting to everyone else?......

Gays may be 3.5% of the population, but they have family, friends, neighbors and coworkers who look at them and say .......He or she is a good person....why can't they marry the person they love?

Conservatives are coming off as petty and cruel on this issue and they will pay a price at the polls

Actually, I think that progressives overestimate the gay vote, not everyone with gay family members sees marriage as an issue that affects their family, and not every LGBT thinks that their life is defined by marriage. Personally, I find it strange that a group that fought for years to stigmatize marriage suddenly supports it, makes me wonder what their real agenda is.

Because gay people deserve equal treatment....:eusa_eh:

Doesn't matter what % of the population a group is, if they are being mistreated then the issue deserves the attention. It's really just that simple.

This is where you keep losing me. The simple truth is that tax laws are written in such a way that getting married actually has a negative impact on your taxes. That means that married people are treated unfairly because they have to pay higher taxes than two people who are not married. Yet, for some obscure reason, you want me to believe that not allowing people to be legally discriminated against treats them unfairly.

Want to run that one by your logic center again?

The problem for conservatives is that the "God hates fags" crowd is losing influence. More people meet gays in their daily lives and do not consider them to be evil

It has nothing to do with God. Liberals must say so because the argument allows them to avoid the truth. The nation is becoming more depraved and degenerate daily. Common decency is now overtly religious and must be rejected as just more church doctrine.

Westboro Baptist Church had influence? When?

Methinks you have no real concept of degeneracy or indecency. You have shown to be a bigot (that is intolerant of others), disrespectful of the President of the United States and self righteous. If anyone is indecent it is you.

My daughter is bi and she doesn't believe in gay "marriage". Like me she supports civil unions.

Like most libs you think everyone thinks like you. You're wrong.

He is corting young voters who over-whelmingly support gay marriage and honestly if a JFK lowering taxes and spending Democrat came along, I might be swayed to change my vote also.

Last edited:

Doing so is the right thing to do; not doing so is un-American and spits on the principles upon which are nation was founded.

Why do you hate Obama and have you been treated for OCD? If not, maybe you should.

That is an even dumber argument than "It ain't fair."

Actually, I think that progressives overestimate the gay vote, not everyone with gay family members sees marriage as an issue that affects their family, and not every LGBT thinks that their life is defined by marriage. Personally, I find it strange that a group that fought for years to stigmatize marriage suddenly supports it, makes me wonder what their real agenda is.

The Pearcey Report

Masha Gessen, a lesbian and a journalist, spoke frankly about this at a conference in Sydney, Australia, last summer. “It’s a no-brainer that we should have the right to marry,” she said. “But I also think equally that it’s a no-brainer that the institution of marriage should not exist.”

This admission “causes my brain some trouble,” Gessen says, “and part of why it causes me trouble is that fighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we are going to do with marriage when we get there -- because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie.”

How will it change? Gessen explains: “I have three kids who have five parents, more or less. . . . I would like to live in a legal system that is capable of reflecting that reality. And I don’t think that’s compatible with the institution of marriage.”

“Marriage equality” becomes “marriage elasticity,” with the ultimate goal of “marriage extinction.”

Does that explain it sufficiently?

Following this logic, only black people were against slavery.

Which is why Obama supports fair and equal rights for gays--because that is what the majority of Americans want. He isn't 'courting' the gay vote, he is doing what the majority of Americans want.

Forum List

Back