So. Wonder Woman was a perv?

Finally, a Movie About the Kinky Threesome That Inspired Wonder Woman

Why yes. She was. She liked being the spanker and spankee, was in to bondage, had lesbian undertones that weren't so undertonish, her creators lived in a threesome situation while he piled on kids with both women, yadda yadda.

My question is..why does a wonder women have to be kinky to be a wonder woman? Strength, bravery, smart, beautiful, super powers. That is what she always represented to me. Until I watched the comic book episode tonight on tv. Now, I see her as not so wonderwomanish.

I know. I am a prude.
Just another example of the corrosive nature of liberalism. They poison everything they touch.

Why yes. She was. She liked being the spanker and spankee, was in to bondage, had lesbian undertones that weren't so undertonish, her creators lived in a threesome situation while he piled on kids with both women, yadda yadda.

My question is..why does a wonder women have to be kinky to be a wonder woman? Strength, bravery, smart, beautiful, super powers. That is what she always represented to me. Until I watched the comic book episode tonight on tv. Now, I see her as not so wonderwomanish.

I know. I am a prude.
Just another example of the corrosive nature of liberalism. They poison everything they touch.

What is poisoned here? A fictional character?

And I will ask you the same question I asked Gracie, what is immoral about consenting adults enjoying themselves as THEY want to? Why must everyone else be constrained by what you like or dislike?

I know. I am a prude.

And I will ask you the same question I asked Gracie, what is immoral about consenting adults enjoying themselves as THEY want to? Why must everyone else be constrained by what you like or dislike?
And I will answer AGAIN:
What consenting adults do in the privacy of their home is all fine and dandy. When they try to push it off onto the public to ACCEPT what they do that may NOT be accepted but INSIST it be accepted...is another kettle of fish. They foisted WW off on children with a hidden agenda to get their own warped needs "out there" and therefore, conditioned to accepting it. Hayell no. Keep your nastiness under your own sheets.

I know. I am a prude.

And I will answer AGAIN:
What consenting adults do in the privacy of their home is all fine and dandy. When they try to push it off onto the public to ACCEPT what they do that may NOT be accepted but INSIST it be accepted...is another kettle of fish. They foisted WW off on children with a hidden agenda to get their own warped needs "out there" and therefore, conditioned to accepting it. Hayell no. Keep your nastiness under your own sheets.

LMAO!!! Nothing in those comics is kinky UNLESS you already know about kink.

And you decide what that place is for everyone.

Nope. It was determined millenia ago by the first people to gather into organized societies.

And in some societies, women were equal. The Norse society, for example.

As for the religious rules, they are about control, nothing more. Control the women and the men will follow. Give men a way to control women, and they will follow your religion regardless of how backwards it seems.

And concerning your post about being more spiritual than religious? I get that. If you followed an actual religion you would have to show love and compassion for your fellow man. If you claim it is just being "spiritual", you can claim the harsh parts, like enjoying the screams of others being tormented and keeping women as second class citizens, but not have to follow the actual tenets of the faith.

I know. I am a prude.

And I will answer AGAIN:

I know about a pile of shit, which is why I avoid stepping in it. Try again.

I know. I am a prude.

And I will answer AGAIN:

Yeah, I know about shit too. That is why I call people out when they claim I said something I did not.

But whatever kink is in WW is not blatant. Children will not see it unless they have been exposed to kinky art before, which is doubtful. Kids will see the comics as WW being held hostage by her enemies and getting free. Thats it.

I know. I am a prude.

And I will answer AGAIN:

Actually the 'warped' view that they were trying to promote was feminism- that women deserved equal rights with me.

Sorry you find that objectionable. The comics were hugely popular.

And you decide what that place is for everyone.

Nope. It was determined millenia ago by the first people to gather into organized societies.

No- it is you- demanding everyone else live to your idealized society.

You- and we have- have no idea how the first people gathered to organize into societies. Pre-christian cultures are litered with references to matriarchs.

You just want to impose your own stilted evil beliefs on everyone else.

I know. I am a prude.

And I will answer AGAIN:

Actually the 'warped' view that they were trying to promote was feminism- that women deserved equal rights with me.

My point was and still is...feminism does NOT have to be disgusting.

And I will answer AGAIN:

Yeah, I know about shit too. That is why I call people out when they claim I said something I did not.

But whatever kink is in WW is not blatant. Children will not see it unless they have been exposed to kinky art before, which is doubtful. Kids will see the comics as WW being held hostage by her enemies and getting free. Thats it.
Agreed. They will not put two and two together until they are adults. Like I did. And once they do realize the real story, they will either choose to accept WW as kinky and a perv..or they will turn from it. Like I did.
So my question to you is, why do you insist I accept that which I do not wish to accept? Whats it to you? Everything I have posted is just my opinion. And my choice on what I want to see or not see, accept or not accept. Are you a liberal or something? If I don't see Marston and his harpies and their storybook heroine as something I wish to acknowledge and shrug off, why does this concern you?
When I was a kid..I LOVED Bewitched. Samantha was everything to me..and the mother/friend I wish I had. Until I was at the market and picked up a magazine not knowing what it was until I opened it. It was a nude of Samantha Stevens. MY Samantha Stevens. My mom yelled at me for looking in a "nasty book" (maybe it was playboy?) and I threw it down like it would burn me. It already seared my eyes and destroyed my idol anyway, so no matter. I never watched that show again.

I don't sit here and demand anyone think as I do. So why do you browbeat me to think as you do??? You must be a liberal after all.

I know. I am a prude.

And I will answer AGAIN:

There was nothing disgusting about the Wonder Woman comics.

And I will answer AGAIN:

Agreed. They will not put two and two together until they are adults. Like I did. And once they do realize the real story, they will either choose to accept WW as kinky and a perv..or they will turn from it. Like I did.
So my question to you is, why do you insist I accept that which I do not wish to accept? Whats it to you? Everything I have posted is just my opinion. And my choice on what I want to see or not see, accept or not accept. Are you a liberal or something? If I don't see Marston and his harpies and their storybook heroine as something I wish to acknowledge and shrug off, why does this concern you?
When I was a kid..I LOVED Bewitched. Samantha was everything to me..and the mother/friend I wish I had. Until I was at the market and picked up a magazine not knowing what it was until I opened it. It was a nude of Samantha Stevens. MY Samantha Stevens. My mom yelled at me for looking in a "nasty book" (maybe it was playboy?) and I threw it down like it would burn me. It already seared my eyes and destroyed my idol anyway, so no matter. I never watched that show again.

I don't sit here and demand anyone think as I do. So why do you browbeat me to think as you do??? You must be a liberal after all.

Once again, you are putting words in my mouth that I did not say.

I never once said you had to accept anything. I simply asked how it was immoral.

I know. I am a prude.

And I will answer AGAIN:

And Marsten's feminism was not disgusting.

Apparently you are disgusted by Marsten's obsession with whips and chains.

But Marsten never had Wonder Woman promoting any of that- or defending that- instead it was the villains doing that to her.

She defended the rights of the downtrodden- i.e. women- and promoted equality- like equal pay for equal work.

And I will answer AGAIN:

Once again, you are putting words in my mouth that I did not say.

I never once said you had to accept anything. I simply asked how it was immoral.
And I simply answered. Which didn't seem to satisfy you.

And I will answer AGAIN:

And Marsten's feminism was not disgusting.

Apparently you are disgusted by Marsten's obsession with whips and chains.

But Marsten never had Wonder Woman promoting any of that- or defending that- instead it was the villains doing that to her.

She defended the rights of the downtrodden- i.e. women- and promoted equality- like equal pay for equal work.
To YOU it was not disgusting. To ME, it's disgusting. Then again, I never had to be beaten or beat someone just to get off. Again, your own mileages may vary concerning sexual gratification.

And I will answer AGAIN:

You post your opinion.

And others respond to your opinion with their opinion.

Thats how this works.

And if you think that only liberals try to browbeat people here at USMB- you are an idiot.

And I will answer AGAIN:

There was nothing disgusting about the Wonder Woman comics.
Again, to YOU. Knowing her background and history and who invented her...it's disgusting to ME. Get it? Or do you still want to try to sway me to your way of thinking?

And I will answer AGAIN:

You post your opinion.

And others respond to your opinion with their opinion.

Thats how this works.

And if you think that only liberals try to browbeat people here at USMB- you are an idiot.
Show me where I said only liberals browbeat. Shall I wait? Or did you invent me saying that because I asked if winterborn was a liberal?
Responding to my opinion is welcome. Trying to change my stance to fit yours..not so much.

Forum List

Back