So wtf do these college kids produce?

If you aren't a troll, you should be. That might be your greatest accomplishment to date.

So what can you do?

Many people shouldn't go to college - The Daily Princetonian

Going to guess that you're a master "office worker." What's it like being the 100th female in that office among 5-10 wimpy beta-males?

You would be entirely wrong. But what have you done? Are people paying you to play your music? Is anyone paying to record your music other than you, or a friend or relative of yours? Odds are you haven't actually accomplished anything. You really do not get the Aesop quotation do you? Pathetic. There are millions upon millions of people who had dreams of being great artists and realized with maturity they may work in a field of art, but they will never be a great artist. Actors who never do anything more than teach drama and/or do unpaid work in local theatre groups. Writers who never do anything more than write for a local newsletter and 'self' publish on online blogs. Musicians who play for local bands on weekend gigs. Singers who sing in the church choir. Until you are supporting yourself with your music, you are only a clerk at Home Depot and a guy in the neighborhood who repairs cars in his home because he can't get a real job as a mechanic. Stop bragging and make things happen you can actually be proud of. I did make my dreams come true and live out my dreams now. And I am paid to do so. I never went around bragging about things that weren't true; and I never put others down for making different choices.

Last edited:
The duh Vinci of your time...Yer bold stance against the intrinsic value of edjamacation...well 'murica's new motto shud be " less edjamacation is more! 2ndA sez so!"

sticker,375x360.u3.png

I admire your Polymath energy, your conclusions not so much.

So you get the Nobel Prize for self-aggrandizement. What have you actually produced that was beneficial to the World at large? Did you cure cancer or something? Besides what seems to be a quite manic self-appreciation what value to society do you contribute that raises you so far above us mere mortals? Man, I've seen conceit before but the ratio of conceit vs. accomplishment in your case borders on pathological.

There are millions upon millions of people who had dreams of being great artists and realized with maturity they may work in a field of art, but they will never be a great artist. Actors who never do anything more than teach drama and/or do unpaid work in local theatre groups. Writers who never do anything more than write for a local newsletter and 'self' publish on online blogs. Musicians who play for local bands on weekend gigs. Singers who sing in the church choir.

And what's wrong with those things? At least their doing something other than smoking pot, getting drunk and "producing essays." At these people have... at the very least...tried...

Until you are supporting yourself with your music, you are only a clerk at Home Depot and a guy in the neighborhood who repairs cars in his home because he can't get a real job as a mechanic.

Woah now, I'm a matridee at a catering hall, I work int he lumber and power tool section (and soon sales division) at Home Depot --- and, I've never aspired to be a mechanic. Not now, now before, not ever. I just do it for friends and locals in my immediate neighborhood for some extra cash --- and I do it well enough for them to come back and recommend to others. I make it pretty clear what I do NOT do (brake lines for instance, since I don't want to be responsible fora break failure, even though brake lines are also relatively easy with a flare tool).

I'd also argue that basic mechanic skills are necessary on Long Island (Suffolk County) where there is no other form of transportation other than your own car. I'm amazed at how many people are willing to pay $30 just to put antifreeze in their car and give them an oil change.

Last edited:
Until you are supporting yourself with your music, you are only a clerk at Home Depot and a guy in the neighborhood who repairs cars in his home because he can't get a real job as a mechanic.

Woah now, I'm a matridee at a catering hall, I work int he lumber and power tool section (and soon sales division) at Home Depot --- and, I've never aspired to be a mechanic. Not now, now before, not ever. I just do it for friends and locals in my immediate neighborhood for some extra cash --- and I do it well enough for them to come back and recommend to others. I make it pretty clear what I do NOT do (brake lines for instance, since I don't want to be responsible fora break failure, even though brake lines are also relatively easy with a flare tool).

I'd also argue that basic mechanic skills are necessary on Long Island (Suffolk County) where there is no other form of transportation other than your own car. I'm amazed at how many people are willing to pay $30 just to put antifreeze in their car and give them an oil change.

A matridee?

You cannot make this shit up.

Get out of nursery school kids.

you really should stop being resentful of people smarter and more educated than you are.

???

I have two degrees, they have .... one at most (usually). I can build a house and practically rebuild a car.

What is your definition of "smart" and "educated" because it seems those people have taken over the US Government and mauled this nation.

Music doesn't count as a degree and an Associate Degree in Mathmatics is little more than High School

With that, you might be able to get Home Depot to hire you

You have little to brag about

Suffolk County?

Did you go to Suffolk U?

Suffolk County?

Did you go to Suffolk U?

I don't think he went to any 'U'. There is nothing about this guy that gives the impression he has a college degree, certainly not the way he expresses himself. He says he has a degree in music, but is working in catering, free lance car repairing, and the lumber/tool department of Home Depot. Oh, yeah, and he has an associates degree (2 year vocational degree essentially) in math. He's a regular guy who went to to a 4 year university, so he says, and now works in areas completely outside his field of study. Happens all the time. A very ordinary thing; nothing to crow about or look down at others about.

Sorry, but I still have friends my age (23) who are STILL in college, writing essays and getting drunk at parties in between --- and never had a job.

I got my bachelors in music and associates in mathematics. I work two jobs (catering and home depot), I'm a master woodworkers who builds custom furniture and I do small car repair jobs in my neighborhood, as well as electrical installation and basic plumbing. I'm also going into North Carolina to have my Pipe Organ music performed in October.

Why are there so many kids my age leeching the system dry producing nothing and going to graduate with worthless degrees anyway.

Wtf is this shit? They're all effing liberal too. I've noticed each and every one of the few that left nursery school (college) and entered the workforce became conservative within a year.

Seriously I saw "Omg can't wait to get home and write 4 more essays" and they're all like "yeah I know, mine are terrible" "omg fuck finalz"

Of course your friends are looking at you working at Home Depot with a college degree and are asking........What happened to second amendment?

23 is still young. The key is that when they are 33 and 43 they will have fulfilling careers and you will still be doing cleanup on Aisle 6

there is no way in hell you are a master craftsman, maybe a journeyman...more like an apprentice..

What? I grew up with my grandfather who was an Ironworker and was also a master woodworker.

Wtf do you know about me punk?

Based on your posts you are an immature, self righteous and arrogant young man who likely still resides in the bedroom in which he was raised, has never had a SO, probably has never been fully responsible for a dog or cat and listens to AM Radio and watches Fox News. I could go on, but you've stopped reading - the truth hurts.

there is no way in hell you are a master craftsman, maybe a journeyman...more like an apprentice..

What? I grew up with my grandfather who was an Ironworker and was also a master woodworker.

Wtf do you know about me punk?

Based on your posts you are an immature, self righteous and arrogant young man who likely still resides in the bedroom in which he was raised, has never had a SO, probably has never been fully responsible for a dog or cat and listens to AM Radio and watches Fox News. I could go on, but you've stopped reading - the truth hurts.

Yeah! But he's already looking for a wife! Didn't you read? A fully committed wife!!

That changes everything!

Committed. You might be right about that.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure why you posted this. You have some kind of resentment about having to write persuasive essays that teach people how to form a premise and then make an argument for that premise?

???

I want to know why my peers have NEVER had a job and are still "producing essays" like in high school. I pity them. I am proud of myself. What I want to know is why their "lifestyle" is subsidized.

I am proud of where I am today. I would be very depressed if I was them. They have yet to contribute ANYTHING to the world. I'm already looking for a wife, they're still looking for one-night stands. That's right, not "another girlfriend," a fully committed wife.

Technically, even a "girlfriend" would be an upgrade for most of these parasites I graduated with.

I just wanted to quote this so we could figure out what is wrong with you. How did the idea that "looking for a wife" signifies maturity or being productive get into your head?

Sorry, but I still have friends my age (23) who are STILL in college, writing essays and getting drunk at parties in between --- and never had a job.

I got my bachelors in music and associates in mathematics. I work two jobs (catering and home depot), I'm a master woodworkers who builds custom furniture and I do small car repair jobs in my neighborhood, as well as electrical installation and basic plumbing. I'm also going into North Carolina to have my Pipe Organ music performed in October.

Why are there so many kids my age leeching the system dry producing nothing and going to graduate with worthless degrees anyway.

Wtf is this shit? They're all effing liberal too. I've noticed each and every one of the few that left nursery school (college) and entered the workforce became conservative within a year.

Seriously I saw "Omg can't wait to get home and write 4 more essays" and they're all like "yeah I know, mine are terrible" "omg fuck finalz"

Look at the upside.

All your peers with expensive, yet useless, liberal arts degrees will spend the rest of their lives in indentured servitude to the State trying to pay off student loans which cannot be dismissed in bankruptcy.

Look at the upside.

All your peers with expensive, yet useless, liberal arts degrees will spend the rest of their lives in indentured servitude to the State trying to pay off student loans which cannot be dismissed in bankruptcy.

Music major

He sounds like a pretty productive dude to me...can you read?
Yes, I can. He is complaining that he has to work two jobs while college kids are whining about writing essays.

Can you then extrapolate from that with a little thought about the fact that he is working two jobs (not in a career that he went to school for) and it may be because he made poor choices regarding education?

I have an AA degree in Database Administration, and a Bachelors in Web Design/Development. July starts the MBA with an emphasis in Technology Management. I only have to work one job and not worry about what the kids in college are doing.

Follow along if you'd like.

It didn't sound to me like he was complaining...but then you are a libtard...I understand.
I knew you were going to say that.....LOL

I'm one of the most staunch conservatives on this forum....knee jerk cacophony!

Look at the upside.

Music major

I doubt a student loan was involved. Maybe we should ask.

Forum List

Back