So...your girlfriend is being raped by 4 thugs, good thing you don't have a gun...right?

I will not be brave with the well being of my family.

Was that man brave when he went for a walk with his girlfriend and was unable to protect her?

YOur words are the words of the foolhardy, not the brave.

Ws
Coward.

Being prepared is not an Act of Cowardice.

Pretending the danger is not real, is the act of a fool and a coward.
Fear undergirds your life. Fear of random violence. Fear of Muslims. Fear of the undocumented immigrant. Fear of the American Left.

Responsibility undergirds my life, responsibility for myself, my family and to a lesser extent friends and community.

Your head in sand approach works fine, as long as there are grown ups somewhere doing enough to keep the dangers in check and/or enough other victims around that you can count on the odds that someone else will be the unlucky one(s) that day.

Your hyperbole about "gunslinging heroes" in noted and dismissed as nonsense.
Your argument is based on hyperbole. Hyperbole that around every corner lies violent criminals bent on killing me. The hyperbole of a bad movie about post apocalyptic violence. That situation is NOT part of my life.

My responsibility lies in knowing my limitations. I would not be the calm cool gunslinger hero so many gun advocates imagine themselves to be. I would be a hazard, not a hero and I damn well know it.

Gun advocates believe that, lacking training in crisis situations, their inner Dirty Harry would come forth and save the day. The Hero Gunslinger.

My reality trumps your fears. I chose not to be a killer, a savior, a hero. Because I know that is hyperbole.

If you are really like that, then you are right not to carry. YOu have made your decision.

Plenty of other people feel that in a crisis situation, that they would be able to respond appropriately.

Your assumption that they are unrealistic is unsupported, insulting, and, no offense meant, stupid.

Studies repeatedly demonstrate that those people are proven right all the time.

2aguy has been and will continue to post those studies for you.

Do you think there are any thugs who should be denied a gun, or do you want all of them to have all they want? I don't want to hear all your usual misdirection, just answer the question. Yes or no?

Anyone convicted of a felony should be prevented from owning guns.
No they shouldn't. Some felonies aren't violent crimes some don't even go to prison....
Most people convicted of felonies have already received reduced sentences for previous crimes.
I hadn't. Weird thing is State of Ga says I am not a convicted felon because I never went to prison BUT the sentence I COULD have gotten was 5 years but I was offered a deal and first offenders and restitution and went that route....feds say no to my rights state of Ga says yes....very odd.

Do you think there are any thugs who should be denied a gun, or do you want all of them to have all they want? I don't want to hear all your usual misdirection, just answer the question. Yes or no?

Anyone convicted of a felony should be prevented from owning guns.
No they shouldn't. Some felonies aren't violent crimes some don't even go to prison....
Most people convicted of felonies have already received reduced sentences for previous crimes.
I hadn't. Weird thing is State of Ga says I am not a convicted felon because I never went to prison BUT the sentence I COULD have gotten was 5 years but I was offered a deal and first offenders and restitution and went that route....feds say no to my rights state of Ga says yes....very odd.

Exactly. You plead to a lower charge. My brother was in the same situation. He was arrested for car theft, but he plead to a lesser charge, got probation, and the charge was erased from his record if he kept his nose clean.

And you know what...this couple probably agreed with you....until the 4 thugs actually raped the girlfreind an beat up the boyfriend.....

And since the truth, the facts and the reality of gun use in the United States discredits your entire post......it is not surprising that you can't post the truth, the facts or reality.

The reality is, that gun is more likely to kill you or your girlfriend in an argument over who drank the last can of Milwaukee's Best than it ever will to be fend off imaginary rapists.

And you know what...this couple probably agreed with you....until the 4 thugs actually raped the girlfreind an beat up the boyfriend.....

And since the truth, the facts and the reality of gun use in the United States discredits your entire post......it is not surprising that you can't post the truth, the facts or reality.

The reality is, that gun is more likely to kill you or your girlfriend in an argument over who drank the last can of Milwaukee's Best than it ever will to be fend off imaginary rapists.

That is a lie joe.....you have seen the research....domestic disputes that end in death are a result of a long history of violent behavior, a history of criminal behavior, drug and alcohol abuse......

Normal people who own guns are not shooting their wives over beer.......I can't speak for you....since you bring that example up.....but you are wrong about normal people....

And I imagine the two women I have posted about will be glad to hear their rapes were imaginary....

That is a lie joe.....you have seen the research....domestic disputes that end in death are a result of a long history of violent behavior, a history of criminal behavior, drug and alcohol abuse......

Normal people who own guns are not shooting their wives over beer.......I can't speak for you....since you bring that example up.....but you are wrong about normal people....

And I imagine the two women I have posted about will be glad to hear their rapes were imaginary....

I can speak for Joe. It's easy to tell why he is confused by something like this. No woman would have anything to do with him.

Go back to your moms basement

Forum List

Back