Soaring American Poverty-stricken

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Okay, I read the entire piece and it deals with “29 Uncomfortable Myths” which appears to be a treatise supporting the current welfare system. This surprises me as I thought Forbes is a conservative organization. It is also clearly a rebuttal of a Zero Hedge piece about this.

Here's just a tiny part of it.

What can you say about a nation that has more people getting handouts from the federal government than working full-time?

His response is:

Personally I think I would say that clearly, the welfare state in the US is a lot more generous than people usually give it credit for.

As for me, I think the term “poverty” when it applies to American is nothing but a political bugaboo. The poor in other nations around the world would give everything they have to be as poor as Americans.

Read the whole piece @ 29 Uncomfortable Myths About Soaring Poverty In America - Forbes

What can you say about a nation that has more people getting handouts from the federal government than working full-time?

baby boomers are retiring faster the Democrats and Republicans can lie to each other ..

Forum List

Back