Soft-on-Crime libs pissed at Walmart for closing stores in high crime inner cities

Again...nothing about "crime" from Wal Mart. You're simply making shit up.
haha no...Chicago is in crisis...the crime is out of control...this is one of the numerous reasons businesses, not just Wal-mart can't be profitable in the city and are fleeing.

haha no...Chicago is in crisis...the crime is out of control...this is one of the numerous reasons businesses, not just Wal-mart can't be profitable in the city and are fleeing.
Again...nothing in the quote about "crime" from Wal Mart. You're simply making shit up.

And not even "harsh", just realistic.

This is not universal everywhere, but the largest cities tend to be in states that have gone "over the edge" into electing DAs that are soft on crime. And it is even worse if they are in a state that has also gone soft on crime. Hence, steal $950 and you get a ticket. Get caught 20 times stealing $950, and you still just get a ticket. Get caught stealing $950 for the 100th time, yet another ticket.

And in the end, attempting to "punish" most for "minor crimes" is basically no more effective than this.

And a lot of it boils down to race. I live in a predominately black suburb and our Mayor is black. She makes sure there is no "tough on crime here" because if our police got tough on crime, that means more of her brothers and sisters end up in jail or prison. Recently she implemented a policy that our police can no longer give high speed chases out of the city. Now the criminals know once they get to our border, the police will stop chasing them; a get out of jail free card.

Caterpillar Chairman and CEO described the move from Deerfield, Ill., to the company’s existing divisional office in the Towers at Williams Square as “in the best strategic interest of the company” to support Caterpillar’s strategy to achieve profitable growth.

Most of Caterpillar’s roughly 240 employees at its Deerfield headquarters were expected to make the move to Irving over time and began shortly after the June 2022 announcement.

"It’s disappointing to see Caterpillar move their 240 headquarters employees out of Deerfield over the next several years when so many companies are coming in," Pritzker

And a lot of it boils down to race.

No, that is complete and utter coprolite.

The Governors of California that took it that way are White. The governors of cities like San Francisco are White. The DAs are mostly White.

No, that is a complete and utter copout.

Also, over half of those I caught stealing were... White.

No, race has nothing to do with it, either at the top or on the bottom.

Again...nothing in the quote about "crime" from Wal Mart. You're simply making shit up.

It is in there, that falls under what they called "expenses".

The two largest expense of any retailer is labor and "shrink". In other words, theft. And most of the retailers leaving these areas are citing that as the main reason they are no longer profitable.

That is why Rite Aid almost totally departed San Francisco, as well as Walgreens. The biggest problem in many of those cities is theft.

Did people really think there would be no negative impact from these policies?

The Governors of California that took it that way are White. The governors of cities like San Francisco are White. The DAs are mostly White.

Bullshit.

I've dealt with these people for decades. The major fuckups, thieves, criminals are ALWAYS black.

There's no way to change them, they seem genetically twisted - worthless. We should seek ways to permanently get rid of them -- once and for all. They're dragging down our entire country.

Did people really think there would be no negative impact from these policies?

Of course they did, but when have Democrats actually cared about the people? Criminals are likely Democrat voters and they protect their own., that's why they allow it. You can't vote from jail or prison.

As for the non-criminal voters that are negatively affected by all this, they'll simply blame Walmart and the evil rich corporations.

Last edited:

it doesn't matter if they're white or not. All that matters to them is power. They'd sell their own mother for a little bit more of it.

The Democrat party became the anti-white party well over a decade ago. Why do you think they have virtual open borders? Most of those people aren't white either. They are working on making whites a minority in our country for the first time in US history. Then they will have their goal of a single party country forever.

Yet Dems can’t seem to wrap their heads around the fact that crime (shoplifting, vandalism, destruction of property, etc.) is the driving factor behind a lot of these closures. I think it was Detroit where a Rite-Aid was burned in a riot. They rebuilt and it got burned again in another riot. They gave up at that point and said they were done. Then came the cries that they were “abandoning a mostly black neighborhood”. Of course they did after having the store burned and shoplifting go unpunished.

I've dealt with these people for decades. The major fuckups, thieves, criminals are ALWAYS black.

As have I. I did loss prevention for years, and it was always pretty evenly mixed. In fact, the ones I caught with the largest value of merchandise was always White (except for one that was Asian).

I seriously doubt you ever actually dealt with "these people", otherwise you would know that.

The Left and Blacks demonize WalMart for coming into the inner city and “taking jobs”. Here is a great opportunity for Black America and Democrats to step up. For Democrats, instead of paying off cronies, work with Black-Owned banks and Community Organizers to set up Black-owned replacements for WalMart.

The Left and Blacks demonize WalMart for coming into the inner city and “taking jobs”.

Which should be known by now is a complete lie.

If anything, they create jobs as most employ 300 or more employees.

No, Walmart does not take jobs, no more than any other "big box" retailer. That is caused entirely by people who are now doing a lot of their shopping online, which employs nobody in the local area.

I have no idea why people still believe that lie, but they have been saying it for almost 2 decades now. Even though that claim only gained traction in the last decade and a half or so. Interestingly, at the same time that Amazon and other major online retailers started to eclipse even big box stores like Walmart.

To show how false that claim is, last year Walmart grossed $611 billion. Amazon grossed $541 billion (and had only a fraction of the employees and overhead so had a larger net profit). And add to the factor the other big online companies (over $1.07 trillion in total) and Walmart is not all that big.

And tell me, how many does Amazon employ in most communities? I can promise it is a fraction of how many Walmart employs.

There is a reason why I made the choice over 15 years ago to shop whenever possible only in local businesses, locally owned whenever possible. I have not even made an online purchase (other that software which is almost impossible to buy locally anymore) in over a decade (and even then I was out of the country so had no choice). In fact, my total "online purchases" in the last year amount to an entire $85.

How much did you spend online in the last year? Taking jobs away from local businesses and risking the jobs of local employees. I bet it was significantly more than I have spent.

But if what you said is true, then all those jobs and businesses in the local area in Portland and Chicago will now expand and flourish. Many many more people will open new businesses to take the place, and employ far more people than Walmart ever did.

Want to bet that in 5-10 years, that never happens? new businesses will not be opening, because people will still be shopping online and have no interest in shopping locally.

Which should be known by now is a complete lie.

If anything, they create jobs as most employ 300 or more employees.

No, Walmart does not take jobs, no more than any other "big box" retailer. That is caused entirely by people who are now doing a lot of their shopping online, which employs nobody in the local area.

I have no idea why people still believe that lie, but they have been saying it for almost 2 decades now. Even though that claim only gained traction in the last decade and a half or so. Interestingly, at the same time that Amazon and other major online retailers started to eclipse even big box stores like Walmart.

To show how false that claim is, last year Walmart grossed $611 billion. Amazon grossed $541 billion (and had only a fraction of the employees and overhead so had a larger net profit). And add to the factor the other big online companies (over $1.07 trillion in total) and Walmart is not all that big.

And tell me, how many does Amazon employ in most communities? I can promise it is a fraction of how many Walmart employs.

There is a reason why I made the choice over 15 years ago to shop whenever possible only in local businesses, locally owned whenever possible. I have not even made an online purchase (other that software which is almost impossible to buy locally anymore) in over a decade (and even then I was out of the country so had no choice). In fact, my total "online purchases" in the last year amount to an entire $85.

How much did you spend online in the last year? Taking jobs away from local businesses and risking the jobs of local employees. I bet it was significantly more than I have spent.

But if what you said is true, then all those jobs and businesses in the local area in Portland and Chicago will now expand and flourish. Many many more people will open new businesses to take the place, and employ far more people than Walmart ever did.

Want to bet that in 5-10 years, that never happens? new businesses will not be opening, because people will still be shopping online and have no interest in shopping locally.
Blacks and Democrats are not going to put their own money into such a venture to replace Walmart. They know goddamn well more than anyone that a business in the inner city is highly risky and their money would be gone…. Which is why they insist on Walmart money or otherwise someone else’s money.

Forum List

Back