Some Claim New Dress Code Is Racist (they Don't Believe Blacks Can Dress Nicely)

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
A restaurant in Minnesota has a new dress code. Some are claiming it is racist. Looking at the list, I see it includes things that white people often wear. Looks to me like they just want slouches of all races to stay away. Some places like to keep it classy. The restaurant explained that it's not about race, it's about behavior.

It's racist to assume that most blacks wear things on the list. Once again, we have the race baiters looking for ways to be offended.

Notice that the guy in the video complaining that the dress code discriminates against blacks is wearing a collared shirt and wouldn't have any problem going into the restaurant. I guess he doesn't realize that many people, who happen to be minorities, have just as good of taste in clothing. My black friends don't dress like street thugs and they complain more than anyone about the baggy clothes and big chains. It's tacky to dress like that and I don't care who you are. Not everyone dresses like the thugs wearing pants that are falling down and wife-beater shirts. I laugh at those idiots walking through malls and having to stop every few steps to tug on their pants to keep them up. They look stupid. A lot of guys, of all races, like their shorts jerseys and other athletic apparel, yet not everyone is claiming discrimination. When I see wife beater t-shirts, I think of white trash.

Bottom line is that some places have dress codes. If you want to eat there, dress nice. Many places go even further and have dress codes that require dress jackets and ties. Some places expect you to be classy or go elsewhere and I think they have a right to set standards. If you want to wear pants 10 sizes too big so your undershorts show, maybe a fast food place is more your speed. I know if I'm out for a night on the town at a classy place, I don't want to look at your damn underwear while I eat.

Dress code that is strictly enforced:

* No flat bill hats
* No sleeveless under shirts
* No exceedingly baggy clothing
* No long plain white t-shirts
* No athletic apparel
* No sports jerseys unless collared

Some Claim That Dress Code is Racist
http://toprightnews.com/?p=4328

No Sleeveless Undershirts?

Isn't that what white wife beaters wear? Looks like an equal opportunity dress code.

No Sleeveless Undershirts?

Isn't that what white wife beaters wear? Looks like an equal opportunity dress code.

So, white wife beaters have their own shirt?

Does that mean this one is only for black wife beaters?

201409_1855_acebb.jpg

Sarcasm clearly eludes Luddly.

None of the items on the list are Race-based clothing, and to make the claim otherwise is just typical Prog Race Baiting.

A restaurant in Minnesota has a new dress code. Some are claiming it is racist. Looking at the list, I see it includes things that white people often wear. Looks to me like they just want slouches of all races to stay away. Some places like to keep it classy. The restaurant explained that it's not about race, it's about behavior.

It's racist to assume that most blacks wear things on the list. Once again, we have the race baiters looking for ways to be offended.

Notice that the guy in the video complaining that the dress code discriminates against blacks is wearing a collared shirt and wouldn't have any problem going into the restaurant. I guess he doesn't realize that many people, who happen to be minorities, have just as good of taste in clothing. My black friends don't dress like street thugs and they complain more than anyone about the baggy clothes and big chains. It's tacky to dress like that and I don't care who you are. Not everyone dresses like the thugs wearing pants that are falling down and wife-beater shirts. I laugh at those idiots walking through malls and having to stop every few steps to tug on their pants to keep them up. They look stupid. A lot of guys, of all races, like their shorts jerseys and other athletic apparel, yet not everyone is claiming discrimination. When I see wife beater t-shirts, I think of white trash.

Bottom line is that some places have dress codes. If you want to eat there, dress nice. Many places go even further and have dress codes that require dress jackets and ties. Some places expect you to be classy or go elsewhere and I think they have a right to set standards. If you want to wear pants 10 sizes too big so your undershorts show, maybe a fast food place is more your speed. I know if I'm out for a night on the town at a classy place, I don't want to look at your damn underwear while I eat.

Dress code that is strictly enforced:

* No flat bill hats
* No sleeveless under shirts
* No exceedingly baggy clothing
* No long plain white t-shirts
* No athletic apparel
* No sports jerseys unless collared

Some Claim That Dress Code is Racist
http://toprightnews.com/?p=4328

I've heard about this before, and googling around there's only a few million hits. Attire-discrimination goes back to Studio 54 and the doorman picking and choosing who to admit based solely on appearence. Afaik, it's perfectly legal.

Establishes with this very dress code are common as well. No flat billed hats, baggy pants, etc. are on many dress code placards.

A business should be able to require any dress code they want for both employees and patrons.

If you don't like it go somewhere else.

it really is that simple.

The PC Police get cranky when they're not taken seriously.

:laugh:

Let me know when the OP finds ANYTHING racist ever

I'm a mutt and part black. Trust me, I know racism when I see it. Expecting people to dress appropriately is not racist. Problem is that there are so many cries of racism (since some never find anything they don't see as racist) that genuine cases might not get the scrutiny they deserve.

Let me know when the OP finds ANYTHING racist ever

I'm a mutt and part black. Trust me, I know racism when I see it. Expecting people to dress appropriately is not racist. Problem is that there are so many cries of racism (since some never find anything they don't see as racist) that genuine cases might not get the scrutiny they deserve.
no you are not. no you don't.

Idiots.

There is noting there that makes this list 'racist.' The cries of racism are getting asinine to an extreme.

Forum List

Back