Some media clown just asked Trump if saying the Coronavirus came from China is racist.

Do you care that referring to a bug from where it comes from, is not racism, and never had been?
Not only that but technically this cannot even be called "racism" (as much as that hurts some people looking for childish names to hurl) as the Chinese nation and people are not a race at all.

Technically you are correct. What it's closer to is bigotry. By calling it the Chinese virus, it gives you comfort that you have someone you can assign blame to. So the next time you see a Chinese person, you can give them more distance, have an excuse not to frequent their shops or restaurants, and blame them by extension for something that originated in a country that they may not have even been born in. They just happen to be Chinese. It's that herd mentality that the right wing in this country gravitates to, mostly because they don't care for anyone who isn't white, heterosexual, and doesn't believe in a Christian god.

So the next time you see a Chinese person, you can give them more distance, have an excuse not to frequent their shops or restaurants, and blame them by extension

I don't blame Chinese people in America for the negligence of the murderous regime in China.

Do you care that referring to a bug from where it comes from, is not racism, and never had been?
Not only that but technically this cannot even be called "racism" (as much as that hurts some people looking for childish names to hurl) as the Chinese nation and people are not a race at all.

Technically you are correct. What it's closer to is bigotry. By calling it the Chinese virus, it gives you comfort that you have someone you can assign blame to. So the next time you see a Chinese person, you can give them more distance, have an excuse not to frequent their shops or restaurants, and blame them by extension for something that originated in a country that they may not have even been born in. They just happen to be Chinese. It's that herd mentality that the right wing in this country gravitates to, mostly because they don't care for anyone who isn't white, heterosexual, and doesn't believe in a Christian god.

Or not. Your assumptions about people you don't like, sound very self serving. Did it make you feel superior to type out your assumptions about the Evul Motives of people you don't like?

I recall reading of the Spanish Flu in history. Never occurred to me to assign blame to the Spanish. When the Muslims in Cairo killed all the pigs, because of the Swine Flu, I considered them ignorant fools.

I still have lunch at the Panda Express kitchen at least once a week (giving my business to
the all non white staff there) and it's delicious and satisfying...just like the thrill you must get from identifying "white, heterosexual, Christians" and waving your little signal virtue flag around so everyone knows what a wonderful enlightened person you are.

Except that you are not. You are a bigot who loves to hate even when that hate must be contrived in your own twisted diseased little mind.

What it's closer to is bigotry. … It's that herd mentality that the right wing in this country gravitates to, mostly because they don't care for anyone who isn't white, heterosexual, and doesn't believe in a Christian god.

Do you not realize that willfully promoting this false and absurd stereotype of “the right wing”, and condemning us for it, exactly fits any rational definition of “bigotry”?

But then, exactly as Wrongwinger as much as admitted, you don't care for objective truth, if it gets in the way of your insane and deceitful agenda.

"Chinese" is not a race. "Mexican" is not a race. "Jew" is not a race. "Muslim" is not a race.

Asian is a race. It includes humans from a large number of countries, including China, Japan, the Korea's, etc.

The Corona Virus originated in China through no fault of anyone in particular, then it spread locally and AROUND THE WORLD through the negligence (or lack of appropriate diligence) of the Chinese government, and it now plagues the world (though not so much China anymore).

There is nothing "racist" about identifying this virus according to its origin - the COUNTRY (not the "race") of China.

Thank you for your kind attention. Fuck you very much.

But that's what's implied by calling it the "Chinese" virus. It's about singling out and assigning blame. The WHO and CDC call it COVID-19 (short form). Nowhere on any official site do I see it called the Wuhan or Chinese virus. Just on right wing media. There's a reason for that. Deep seeded mistrust and hatred of anyone who doesn't look like you, think like you, or believe what you believe.

But that's what's implied by calling it the "Chinese" virus. It's about singling out and assigning blame.

Nothing wrong with blaming the blameworthy.

Except eventually, it becomes the herd mentality. You start assigning blame by proxy to people who had nothing to do with it. They just happen to be Chinese.

"Chinese" is not a race. "Mexican" is not a race. "Jew" is not a race. "Muslim" is not a race.

Asian is a race. It includes humans from a large number of countries, including China, Japan, the Korea's, etc.

The Corona Virus originated in China through no fault of anyone in particular, then it spread locally and AROUND THE WORLD through the negligence (or lack of appropriate diligence) of the Chinese government, and it now plagues the world (though not so much China anymore).

There is nothing "racist" about identifying this virus according to its origin - the COUNTRY (not the "race") of China.

But that's what's implied by calling it the "Chinese" virus. It's about singling out and assigning blame. The WHO and CDC call it COVID-19 (short form). Nowhere on any official site do I see it called the Wuhan or Chinese virus. Just on right wing media. There's a reason for that. Deep seeded mistrust and hatred of anyone who doesn't look like you, think like you, or believe what you believe.

Can’t have it called TRUMPvirus can we?

You could call it that. But it would be geographically incorrect by 7,266 miles and would make you look like a real idiot.

Lol !!

Trump just now (3-19-20 11:35 am edt) at his live daily news presser, used the "Chinese Virus" name.

He's going to keep calling it that as well just to piss off Liberals and stick it to China. LMAO That man has my vote easily in November.

I still have lunch at the Panda Express kitchen at least once a week (giving my business to
the all non white staff there) and it's delicious and satisfying...just like the thrill you must get from identifying "white, heterosexual, Christians" and waving your little signal virtue flag around so everyone knows what a wonderful enlightened person you are.

Except that you are not. You are a bigot who loves to hate even when that hate must be contrived in your own twisted diseased little mind.

My buddies and I, all white straight males and, from Jack's pov, probably all "rightwingers", weekly get together and order Chinese from the local chinese place and we are still doing so, every Tuesday.

Just Tuesday, we discussed how pleased we were that they were still open, and delivering, and my one friend, who is almost a stereotype of a rightwinger, straight white male, military background, now working as a cop, unprompted, stated, only half jokingly, that he was happy that we could "support our local businesses".

I didn't even think about it, till you prompted me. But yes, his view of us, is just completely wrong.

Oh stop it

Nobody cares about the biological definition of race

I don’t think Trump is being racist

I think it is his way of saying......I hold no responsibility, blame the Chinese

Maybe. Or maybe he was using the hint of that possibility as a negotiating tool.

Really, who cares? Other than you lefties who NEED fresh shit to throw against the wall, constantly.

We? How about "we" (and the educated beyond their intellect) call it what it is- FLU-

How bout we call it......
Ten times deadlier than the flu

So, you are predicting deaths of tens times what the flu kills?

If you catch Coronavirus, you are ten times more likely to die from it than the flu.

That said, the potential for fatalities is limitless

Oh stop it

I think it is his way of saying......I hold no responsibility, blame the Chinese

Maybe. Or maybe he was using the hint of that possibility as a negotiating tool.

Really, who cares? Other than you lefties who NEED fresh shit to throw against the wall, constantly.

Basically, in a time of crisis, he is being a prick and covering his ass

Don’t want it called TRUMPvirus do we?

But that's what's implied by calling it the "Chinese" virus. It's about singling out and assigning blame.

Nothing wrong with blaming the blameworthy.

Except eventually, it becomes the herd mentality. You start assigning blame by proxy to people who had nothing to do with it. They just happen to be Chinese.

Except eventually, it becomes the herd mentality.

I agree, we must blame the Chinese Communist herd.
Wuhan virus works. Or Commie coronavirus.
Chinese Coronavirus. Commie virus.

We? How about "we" (and the educated beyond their intellect) call it what it is- FLU-

How bout we call it......
Ten times deadlier than the flu

So, you are predicting deaths of tens times what the flu kills?

If you catch Coronavirus, you are ten times more likely to die from it than the flu.

That said, the potential for fatalities is limitless

So, you are predicting deaths of ten times more than from the flu?

Oh stop it

Basically, in a time of crisis, he is being a prick and covering his ass

Don’t want it called TRUMPvirus do we?

Not sure how making a reference to where a bug comes from, provides Trump with ass coverage.

Forum List

Back