Some Of The Biggest Lies Being Spread About The Jan. 6 Insurrection

The idea was to cause a postponement and try to get states to change or withdraw their votes and then send it to the House or the SCOTUS

The delay was successful and the coup failed because Congress went back into session almost immediately
Wait. What?

I thought the "idea" was to overthrow the Government.

My....my...how many times has your story changed?

The Eastman memo laid out a six-step plan for Pence to overturn the election for Trump, which included throwing out the results in seven states because they allegedly had competing electors. In fact, no state had actually put forward an alternate slate of electors -- there were merely Trump allies claiming without any authority to be electors.
Under Eastman's scheme, Pence would have declared Trump the winner with more Electoral College votes after the seven states were thrown out, at 232 votes to 222. Anticipating "howls" from Democrats protesting the overturning of the election, the memo proposes, Pence would instead say that no candidate had reached 270 votes in the Electoral College. That would throw the election to the House of Representatives, where each state would get one vote. Since Republicans controlled 26 state delegations, a majority could vote for Trump to win the election.

Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons
The plan was first proposed to Pence when Eastman was with Trump in the Oval Office on January 4, during one of Trump's attempts to convince Pence that he had the authority to stop the certification of the election.
"You really need to listen to John. He's a respected constitutional scholar. Hear him out," Trump said to Pence at that meeting, Woodward and Costa write in "Peril."

That whole plan HINGED on stopping the count on Jan 6

You keep saying the insurrection wasn't an insurrection. Who are you trying to convince? Yourselves?

I watched it on TV - not the edited footage that came out later, but I watched the protestors beat Officer Fannone live - as it happened, and was horrified by what I was seeing. I was amazed he survived.

The thing you fools forget is that much of the world was in lockdown at the time, and with no sports on TV, or live shows of any kind, the news got a lot of attention. You also forget that the USA exists in a larger world, and their view of what happened that day, does not align with the Republican recasting of the event.

The entire world watched the insurrection on TV, and your attempts to gaslight us into thinking we didn't see an insurrection simply will not work.

You can fool some of the people all of the time. But they're all Republicans. The rest of the world saw Donald Trump attempt to overthrow the government the PEOPLE elected.
There was no insurrection you foreign liar. Dems know it’s easy to fool people like you. Keep your Nazi tendencies in your own country.

OMG, RETARD.
From your own link, which you should have grabbed the nearest 10-year-old, to read to you.

Defendant Information:

MATTHEW LEE RUPERT, 28

Galesburg, Ill.

Charges:

• Civil disorder, 1 count
  • Organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot, 1 count
  • Arson, 1 count
Where is the rioting charge, MORON?

U.S. Attorney J. Douglas Overbey and FBI Special-Agent-in-Charge Joseph E. Carrico announced the unsealing of a federal criminal complaint against Dominic Brown, 18, of Heiskell, charging him with inciting a riot and civil disorder. Brown was arrested earlier today, and made his initial appearance today in the U.S. District Court in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Where's the rioting charge, imbecile.
Hey asshole, where are the insurrection charges? Insurrection is in the federal code. Yet not ONE of you morons can explain who not ONE person has been charged with insurrection. Just throw your usual tantrums and deflect.

....and not a single charge for INSURRECTION.
Ummm? What's with the fetish over "no insurrection charges"?
Does it matter.....if the worst mokes get 20yrs for 'disrupting an official proceeding', for assaulting a federal officer, for smearing their poo on the walls of the Capitol?

Personally, I'm content that we get every one we are able to identify, capture, and indict.
Whether good poster Nostra is happy or unhappy over the attempted insurrection is really of little import. Or unhappy that there have been no indictments yet for attempted insurrection, or failed insurrection, or insurrection-lite.....no matter.

After all, Sirhan Sirhan was not charged with assassination.
They got him for murder.....which seemed good enough at the time.

It's kinda like that here. 10yrs in the slammer is 10yrs in the slammer.....a rose by any other name still smells as sweet.
;)

* good poster Nostra, if Sirhan didn't assassinate Bobby Kennedy....well, is Bobby still alive.
In your MAGA world?
Asking for a friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ya and yet no where near that many arrests for the 70 to 80 riots in 2020.

Ah look, good poster Gy, Google really is your friend.
Think of Google as an advisor, a Yoda, a mentor, a life-saver who can throw you a floater.
And, mi amigo, you really need that floater.

Check out google.
There were thousands arrested --maybe near 10,000.....from the thousands of demonstrations following the Floyd murder....both in America and throughout the world.
Trust me.
Google is your friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh look, it’s the stalking retard again. Again refusing to read his libturd pals much more vulgar posts resulting in their deserved responses. Crawl back under your rock you uninformed, uneducated slug. I would advise you to finish grade school and stop interrupting adults talking."
Ah, there he is again.
The indispensable poster with the adolescent's naughty mouth.

I find his stuff refreshing. Youth-ifying.
Like when I was 10yrs old in the school yard and the 'class-ahead' 11yr olds had learned that dirty-words could get them some attention.
So little 'lantern' brings back that hint of nostalgia.
Makes me think of the grade-school recesses and playgrounds.
It's sorta fun.

ps.....don't ever leave us good poster lantern. And try not to get banned. You and posters like you are a marvelously rich vein to mine for snark, satire, and snickering.

A hat-tip to your consistency.

Does it matter.....if the worst mokes get 20yrs for 'disrupting an official proceeding', for assaulting a federal officer, for smearing their poo on the walls of the Capitol?

Personally, I'm content that we get every one we are able to identify, capture, and indict.
Whether good poster Nostra is happy or unhappy over the attempted insurrection is really of little import. Or unhappy that there have been no indictments yet for attempted insurrection, or failed insurrection, or insurrection-lite.....no matter.

It's kinda like that here. 10yrs in the slammer is 10yrs in the slammer.....a rose by any other name still smells as sweet. ;)

* good poster Nostra, if Sirhan didn't assassinate Bobby Kennedy....well, is Bobby still alive.
In your MAGA world?
Asking for a friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think of Google as an advisor, a Yoda, a mentor, a life-saver who can throw you a floater.

Check out google.
There were thousands arrested --maybe near 10,000.....from the thousands of demonstrations following the Floyd murder....both in America and throughout the world.
Trust me.
Google is your friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, there he is again.

Like when I was 10yrs old in the school yard and the 'class-ahead' 11yr olds had learned that dirty-words could get them some attention.
It's sorta fun.

ps.....don't ever leave us good poster lantern. And try not to get banned. You and posters like you are a marvelously rich vein to mine for snark, satire, and snickering.

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :itsok:

Yeah, this has really been interesting. They really hate that word, even though it nails the dictionary definition.

The only reason I use the word is to watch their reactions. Pretty interesting.

I would ask them why, but you can never get a straight answer. Also interesting.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Yeah, this has really been interesting. They really hate that word, even though it nails the dictionary definition.

The only reason I use the word is to watch their reactions. Pretty interesting.

I would ask them why, but you can never get a straight answer. Also interesting.
Yea, like that is supposed to change something.

sv3zo6l8jq981.jpg

The idea was to cause a postponement and try to get states to change or withdraw their votes and then send it to the House or the SCOTUS

The delay was successful and the coup failed because Congress went back into session almost immediately
They would have went back into session the next day if delayed retard the riot had no chance of changing the certification just the votes of Congress can do that a delay can not.

The Eastman memo laid out a six-step plan for Pence to overturn the election for Trump, which included throwing out the results in seven states because they allegedly had competing electors. In fact, no state had actually put forward an alternate slate of electors -- there were merely Trump allies claiming without any authority to be electors.
Under Eastman's scheme, Pence would have declared Trump the winner with more Electoral College votes after the seven states were thrown out, at 232 votes to 222. Anticipating "howls" from Democrats protesting the overturning of the election, the memo proposes, Pence would instead say that no candidate had reached 270 votes in the Electoral College. That would throw the election to the House of Representatives, where each state would get one vote. Since Republicans controlled 26 state delegations, a majority could vote for Trump to win the election.

Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons
The plan was first proposed to Pence when Eastman was with Trump in the Oval Office on January 4, during one of Trump's attempts to convince Pence that he had the authority to stop the certification of the election.
"You really need to listen to John. He's a respected constitutional scholar. Hear him out," Trump said to Pence at that meeting, Woodward and Costa write in "Peril."

That whole plan HINGED on stopping the count on Jan 6
No it did not it hinged on getting enough congressional members to reject the electors of the said states, a Vice President does not have the power to do what you claim. And you lot claim those voting to reject the states in question were treasonous or attempting a coup when it clearly is part of the process and you made no such claims in 2017 when democrats tried the same thing.

It's kinda like that here. 10yrs in the slammer is 10yrs in the slammer.....a rose by any other name still smells as sweet. ;)

In your MAGA world?
Asking for a friend.

Check out google.
Trust me.
Google is your friend.

Ah, there he is again.

It's sorta fun.

Fuck off you ignorant troll. Laughing at your bullshit being debunked and the fact that you embarrass yourself and your family daily. Another ignoramus who can’t explain why there are NO insurrection charges despite insurrection being in the federal code. Ignoring his own sides much more vulgar comments. Showing himself to be an ignorant partisan hack without a clue. Back under you bridge.

"Fuck off you ignorant troll. Laughing at your bullshit being debunked and the fact that you embarrass yourself and your family daily. Another ignoramus who can’t explain why there are NO insurrection charges despite insurrection being in the federal code. Ignoring his own sides much more vulgar comments. Showing himself to be an ignorant partisan hack without a clue. Back under you bridge."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • "F*ck off you ignorant troll"
  • "your bullsh*t"
  • "another ignoramus"
  • "ignorant partisan hack"

Son, settle down.
Your histrionics are getting the best of you.
You are not showcasing the better you that you likely want to be.
Yes, you can use adult language....we get that. We see that.

But, you do know there is a level to the quality of adults?

And the language some types use, don't you?
And, son, you ain't polishin' your apple lately with all of your fbombs' and such.

But we have hopes you can turn yourself around and be a better version of you.

Good luck.

The events from last Jan. 6 in Washington unfolded on live television but they've since been up for debate.

Millions of Americans watched the events in Washington last Jan. 6 unfold on live television. Police officers testified to the violence and mayhem. Criminal proceedings in open court detailed what happened.

Yet the hoaxes, conspiracy theories and attempts to rewrite history persist, muddying the public’s understanding of what actually occurred during the most sustained attack on the seat of American democracy since the War of 1812.

By excusing former President Donald Trump of responsibility, minimizing the mob’s violence and casting the rioters as martyrs, falsehoods about the insurrection aim to deflect blame for Jan. 6 while sustaining Trump’s unfounded claims about the free and fair election in 2020 that he lost.

Spread by politicians, broadcast by cable news pundits and amplified by social media, the falsehoods are a stark reminder of how many Americans may no longer trust their own institutions or their own eyes.

Several different conspiracy theories have emerged in the year since the insurrection, according to an analysis of online content by media intelligence firm Zignal Labs on behalf of The Associated Press. Unfounded claims that the rioters were members of antifa went viral first, only to be overtaken by a baseless claim blaming FBI operatives. Other theories say the rioters were peaceful and were framed for crimes that never happened.

Claim: The Rioters Weren’t Trump Supporters​

In fact, many of those who came to the Capitol on Jan. 6 have said — proudly, publicly, repeatedly — that they did so to help the then-president.

Claim: The Rioters Weren’t Violent​

Dozens of police officers were severely injured. One Capitol Police officer who was attacked and assaulted with bear spray suffered a stroke and died a day later of natural causes.

Claim: Trump Did Not Encourage The Rioters​

Trump may now want to minimize his involvement, but he spent months sounding a steadydrumbeat of conspiracy theory and grievance, urging his followers to fight to somehow return him to power.

Claim: Ashli Babbitt Was Killed By An Officer Working For Democrats​

Babbitt died after being shot in the shoulder by a lieutenant in the Capitol Police force as she and others pressed to enter the Speaker’s Lobby outside the House chamber.
Trump falsely claimed the officer was the head of security “for a certain high official, a Democrat,” and was being shielded from accountability. He also misstated where Babbitt was shot.

Claim: The Jan. 6 Suspects Are Political Prisoners And Are Being Mistreated​

No, they are not, despite some assertions from members of Congress.

While it’s true some of the suspects have complained about their time in jail, it’s wrong to argue they’re being held as political prisoners. Authorities have said the suspects in custody are being given the same access to food and medical care as any other inmate.

One of the most notorious rioters, Jacob Chansley, known as the QAnon Shaman, was given organic food in his jail cell after he complained about the food options.

Much more at the link below...

We all know what really happened on January 6 - so why do some people keep lying about it and spreading false conspiracy theories?
Democrats spent months rioting and looting and killing and you forgave them.

No it did not it hinged on getting enough congressional members to reject the electors of the said states, a Vice President does not have the power to do what you claim. And you lot claim those voting to reject the states in question were treasonous or attempting a coup when it clearly is part of the process and you made no such claims in 2017 when democrats tried the same thing.
Regardless of the objections...Congress would have worked their way through them...unless they were forced by a mob to STOP.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back