Some positive news at the end of an horrific week

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Methodists elect first openly gay bishop despite ongoing ban

Well done America and well done the Methodists, lighting a path for all to follow.

A statement said: “Reconciling Ministries Network celebrates with great joy the election of the first openly lesbian bishop in The United Methodist Church. This is an historic moment in the movement of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer persons for spiritual and civil equality both in the church and the public square.

Methodists elect first openly gay bishop despite ongoing ban

Well done America and well done the Methodists, lighting a path for all to follow.

A statement said: “Reconciling Ministries Network celebrates with great joy the election of the first openly lesbian bishop in The United Methodist Church. This is an historic moment in the movement of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer persons for spiritual and civil equality both in the church and the public square.
Good thing I will never be a Methodist. Being lgbtq insane means you are lost. Good luck.

Well no longer calling myself Methodist.
Why not ?

Because, you can't be openly gay, and a Christian. The Bible makes that very very clear.

If they have embraced homosexuality, then by definition, they have rejected the Bible. If they have rejected the Bible, then by definition they are no longer Christian.

If they are no longer a Christ based organization, then every true believer should leave that Church.

In Numbers 16, the family of Korah and a few followers, opposed G-d. G-d then instructed the Israelite on his side:

And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.​

G-d destroyed the house of Korah, and all those that did not 'depart' from them.

In times gone past, if a man was caught with horse thieves, he was killed with the horse thieves. It's the same principal.

And while that doctrine was in the old testament, it was reaffirmed in the NT.

2 John 9-11

Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.
Now in that time, we had home churches, where the pastor was invited to the home.... essentially bringing the church into your home. He's saying don't invite a bad teacher into your home, or you are taking part in his wicked works.

Today, we go to the church, and the same teaching would apply. Don't go to a church with a wicked teacher, or you are taking part in their wickedness.

2 Thess. 3:6 even goes further, in a direct call to all believers to separate yourself from all teachers of false doctrine.

So this is the call to all Christians in the Methodist church. This is your warning. Leave the Church. Don't wait for another clear message from G-d. The Bible is here. You must leave the Methodist Church, or risk the judgement when it comes.

And judgement will come. G-d is not mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

I had a youth group and the Methodist minister welcomed me to make them a part of his church. I explained to that minister that the church he was preaching in was erected by my ancestors almost 300 years ago, and that every member of my family has been baptized, married and buried in it. And how sad I was that they now pay alms to the NWO church, and are about as Laodicean as it gets. I had no choice but to walk away.
A shame really.

Last edited:
Why not ?

Because, you can't be openly gay, and a Christian. The Bible makes that very very clear.

If they have embraced homosexuality, then by definition, they have rejected the Bible. If they have rejected the Bible, then by definition they are no longer Christian.

If they are no longer a Christ based organization, then every true believer should leave that Church.

In Numbers 16, the family of Korah and a few followers, opposed G-d. G-d then instructed the Israelite on his side:

And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.​

G-d destroyed the house of Korah, and all those that did not 'depart' from them.

In times gone past, if a man was caught with horse thieves, he was killed with the horse thieves. It's the same principal.

2 John 9-11

Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.
Now in that time, we had home churches, where the pastor was invited to the home.... essentially bringing the church into your home. He's saying don't invite a bad teacher into your home, or you are taking part in his wicked works.

Today, we go to the church, and the same teaching would apply. Don't go to a church with a wicked teacher, or you are taking part in their wickedness.

2 Thess. 3:6 even goes further, in a direct call to all believers to separate yourself from all teachers of false doctrine.

So this is the call to all Christians in the Methodist church. This is your warning. Leave the Church. Don't wait for another clear message from G-d. The Bible is here. You must leave the Methodist Church, or risk the judgement when it comes.

Your interpretation is very questionable. You are making huge assumptions.

Why not ?

2 John 9-11

Your interpretation is very questionable. You are making huge assumptions.

Point out where he is wrong....hint: you can't, he's spot on

I believe the only way to show gheys the correct path is to let them into the church for reformation........

The Bible warns us this would happen...amazing how it just keeps being right
What is the diff from when they hid their homersexuality?

It's still a sin, now you just have churches condoning it. The Bible is very specific about this
You sin also, does it still make you think you are better?

I repent my sins....this is another case of you not being informed enough to be partaking in the thread

Forum List

Back