Some sanity in the politics of drugs.

As it should be. Should be able to fire people who smoke and drink too if you like.

It has always been OK to fire someone who comes to work under the influence if alcohol. I don't think a hangover qualifies. Since I don't do pot, I don't know how long the mind altering high lasts.

Colorado court Workers can be fired for using pot off-duty - Yahoo News

So you can use it but don't fail a test for an employer cause they can fire you even if the State made it legal to use.
And what is wrong with that?

You and your employer enter into an agreement and that may or may not include the use of certain substances. Can you tell me something that is wrong if I do not want a pot user (or other substance user) in my factory working my heavy machines?

I don't think a hangover qualifies.

No per se. But if you frequently come to work in no condition to be productive....well, I'm sure you get the picture.

Since I don't do pot, I don't know how long the mind altering high lasts.

Some research has "suggested" that its "influence" can persist for up to....I believe it was 72 hours. I'm pretty sure that it was funded by anti-drug interests. Realistically, I can believe that it might continue to maintain a very low level of "influence" for up to 24 hours after cessation of heavy usage. If you were to take a few hits tonight recreationally while out with friends, there is no meaningful influence that would persist past you waking up in the morning.

I don't think a hangover qualifies.

No per se. But if you frequently come to work in no condition to be productive....well, I'm sure you get the picture.

Since I don't do pot, I don't know how long the mind altering high lasts.

Some research has "suggested" that its "influence" can persist for up to....I believe it was 72 hours. I'm pretty sure that it was funded by anti-drug interests. Realistically, I can believe that it might continue to maintain a very low level of "influence" for up to 24 hours after cessation of heavy usage. If you were to take a few hits tonight recreationally while out with friends, there is no meaningful influence that would persist past you waking up in the morning.
Lol no. A high is a few hours at most. With alcohol you can go to bed drunk and wake up for work still drunk. Not the case with marijuana.

Maybe some of our more seasoned tokers can explain how long thc stays in the body. I have no problem with private business testing for drugs and alcohol. Theyre protecting their interests. However, a test needs to be developed, other than the one that shows thc in the body, in terms of how intoxicated one is on marijuana.

As it should be. Should be able to fire people who smoke and drink too if you like.

It has always been OK to fire someone who comes to work under the influence if alcohol. I don't think a hangover qualifies. Since I don't do pot, I don't know how long the mind altering high lasts.
The high lasts a few hours, but the THC stays in your body for weeks. Even if you aren't high, a urinalysis will likely show positive if you used in the past month.

Lol no. A high is a few hours at most. With alcohol you can go to bed drunk and wake up for work still drunk. Not the case with marijuana.

That is not true. In fact, that's patently absurd. The reason a person wakes up still drunk is because of the total amount of alcohol consumed a time frame. The same will be true for just about any drug, with the only exceptions being drugs that have extremely short durations of effect.

The duration of effect for marijuana will vary, based on method of consumption, amount consumed, personal tolerance, potency, etc. Just because a person has a high tolerance does not mean that they are not intoxicated. A single joint can have demonstrable effects over 8 hours after ingestion.

http://www.rivm.nl/bibliotheek/rapporten/267002002.pdf

That is not true. In fact, that's patently absurd. The reason a person wakes up still drunk is because of the total amount of alcohol consumed a time frame. The same will be true for just about any drug, with the only exceptions being drugs that have extremely short durations of effect.

The duration of effect for marijuana will vary, based on method of consumption, amount consumed, personal tolerance, potency, etc. Just because a person has a high tolerance does not mean that they are not intoxicated. A single joint can have demonstrable effects over 8 hours after ingestion.

Sure maybe. To a 16 year old girl who loves attention.

Sure maybe. To a 16 year old girl who loves attention.

Your blatant lack of education and ignoring of scientific research that has been neatly provided and linked for you does not equate to a meaningful or clever reply. Indeed, it makes you just look like an ass.

And if you don't agree with the CEO's politics --- FIRED!!!

I'm right with ya.

Not a christian or muslim, whichever flavor of bullshit the company endorses --- FIRED!!!

Overweight --- FIRED!!!

Underweight --- FIRED!!!

Disabled --- FIRED!!!

Etc....................................................

Colorado court Workers can be fired for using pot off-duty - Yahoo News

So you can use it but don't fail a test for an employer cause they can fire you even if the State made it legal to use.
And what is wrong with that?

You and your employer enter into an agreement and that may or may not include the use of certain substances. Can you tell me something that is wrong if I do not want a pot user (or other substance user) in my factory working my heavy machines?
Reread what I wrote I support this.

Maybe some of our more seasoned tokers can explain how long thc stays in the body. I have no problem with private business testing for drugs and alcohol. Theyre protecting their interests. However, a test needs to be developed, other than the one that shows thc in the body, in terms of how intoxicated one is on marijuana.
If you are a heavy set person THC can take as long as 90 days to clear, depending on frequency of use...

I have yet to find any that will....

I'm not referring to somebody who shows up to work drunk; I'm talking about somebody who shows up sober to work but drinks in their free time.

I'm right with ya.

Not a christian or muslim, whichever flavor of bullshit the company endorses --- FIRED!!!

Overweight --- FIRED!!!

Underweight --- FIRED!!!

Disabled --- FIRED!!!

Precisely.

I'm right with ya.

Overweight --- FIRED!!!

Underweight --- FIRED!!!

Disabled --- FIRED!!!

Precisely.
So you don't think that a company should be able to fire you for failing a drug test?

How does that mesh with your political views?

Forum List

Back