Someone explain to me how Trump "failed" on Covid?

"The research also found that if interventions in the country could have been conducted one week, two weeks, or three weeks earlier, cases could have been reduced by 66 percent, 86 percent and 95 percent respectively – significantly limiting the geographical spread of the disease. However, if NPIs were conducted one week, two weeks, or three weeks later than they were, the number of cases may have shown a 3-fold, 7-fold, or 18-fold increase, respectively."

“Our study demonstrates how important it is for countries which are facing an imminent outbreak to proactively plan a coordinated response which swiftly tackles the spread of the disease on a number of fronts."

When this report came out we had very few cases, however anyone with at brain understood what it meant for us.

Furthermore we had 50 state responses not a comprehensive national one.

I request that you find a different country to make that claim on.

I don't believe China. The only time China is not lying, is when they are not saying anything.

This is a country that jailed the doctors who warned them about Covid-19 to begin with. They have complete control over the media, and there is non-government journalism at all.

This is like believing the child mortality rates in Cuba, when we know doctors simply refuse to report deaths because the government will fire them, and they'll end up sifting through garbage cans.

Or Venezuela claiming the unemployment rate is low, because 4 million people fled the country, so they are no longer counted as unemployed.

If you are going to trust the numbers from China, then you might as well assume everything Trump says is divine truth as well.

So, the President is expected to be able to see the future?

Yes as a matter of fact, that report was issued in early March and it cover what had just happened in China during January and February.

A Democrat is not president. Trumpybear is. Regardless of how he feels, the buck stops with him.

That's idiotic. Honestly, if that's what you expect from a president, any president... then you are just a moron, and an excellent reason we should have limits on who can vote, and filter out people that are simply to dumb to be trusted with picking who runs the country.

Seriously, if you think the president is some kind of 1-900-MISS-CLEO from the Psychic Readers Network, and should just magically know the future, then you have disqualified yourself from any form of Democracy.

"The research also found that if interventions in the country could have been conducted one week, two weeks, or three weeks earlier, cases could have been reduced by 66 percent, 86 percent and 95 percent respectively – significantly limiting the geographical spread of the disease. However, if NPIs were conducted one week, two weeks, or three weeks later than they were, the number of cases may have shown a 3-fold, 7-fold, or 18-fold increase, respectively."

“Our study demonstrates how important it is for countries which are facing an imminent outbreak to proactively plan a coordinated response which swiftly tackles the spread of the disease on a number of fronts."

When this report came out we had very few cases, however anyone with at brain understood what it meant for us.

I don't believe China. The only time China is not lying, is when they are not saying anything.

This is a country that jailed the doctors who warned them about Covid-19 to begin with. They have complete control over the media, and there is non-government journalism at all.

This is like believing the child mortality rates in Cuba, when we know doctors simply refuse to report deaths because the government will fire them, and they'll end up sifting through garbage cans.

Or Venezuela claiming the unemployment rate is low, because 4 million people fled the country, so they are no longer counted as unemployed.

If you are going to trust the numbers from China, then you might as well assume everything Trump says is divine truth as well.

The reason I used that first early study from the UK on the efficacy of npi's is because the Rabid Right used it to bash China's response as having killed 95% more people that was necessary, if they had just started the npi's 3 weeks sooner. Obviously Trumpybears response was exponentially worse by any measure than China's.

President Trump succeeded and even surpassed expectations.

Let's see, most deaths overwhelmingly in democrat managed areas...

Worst of all, the Democrats are purposely keeping the economy closed and citizens denied relief solely because they need to make Trump look as bad as possible to win the election. Is that the mentality you want in our leaders?

Here's how I see Trump's failure.

From the very first days of the virus Trump lost trust of most Americans on the matter as we took it more seriously than he did. Meanwhile the administration was trotting out the likes of Anthony Fauci. Not a good strategy at all as Democrats AND Republicans in control took advice on how to handle things from the only legitimate source of information they saw, Fauci and the scientific medical community. Here is where I disagree with Democrats, I believe Trump's ineptitude initially saved lives by this inadvertent empowering of Fauci.

Now with risks reduced through better knowledge of the virus Trump's challenge is to somehow gain credibility on the matter and lead. His joyride antic over the weekend didn't help him in that regard.

So, the President is expected to be able to see the future?

Yes as a matter of fact, that report was issued in early March and it cover what had just happened in China during January and February.

A Democrat is not president. Trumpybear is. Regardless of how he feels, the buck stops with him.

That's idiotic. Honestly, if that's what you expect from a president, any president... then you are just a moron, and an excellent reason we should have limits on who can vote, and filter out people that are simply to dumb to be trusted with picking who runs the country.

Seriously, if you think the president is some kind of 1-900-MISS-CLEO from the Psychic Readers Network, and should just magically know the future, then you have disqualified yourself from any form of Democracy.

You really didn't have to rely on Ms. Cleo to know that the virus was spreading worldwide when that study was published. But then again you have to be pretty dumb to qualify for the Banana Republicans.

The democratic lies that Trump "failed on COVID" are nothing more than vague, unsupported personal attacks.

First - it is the Democrats holding up COVID relief checks, not Trump. There is currently a bill ready for Pelosi to sign to send us checks, but she will not sign it because it would make Trump look good, and she would rather see US suffering.

Second: The U.S. is currently in the #1 position in the world for economic recovery since COVID hit. Our post-pandemic GDP (gross domestic product) is the best in the world. That can only come from excellent economic management by the government in the face of a humanitarian crisis that CHINA is to blame for - not Trump.

Third: I keep hearing that "our COVID deaths are the worst in the world - worse than Europe." Another effing LIE! Our fatality rate is #9 in the world, not the worst. Italy, Germany, Spain and the UK are far worse. Furthermore, we had a system where every death that happened in 2020 was chalked up to COVID, no matter how people died. The truth is the average age of a recorded COVID fatality in the U.S. was a person over 70, with co-morbidities (other problems that also could have killed them). Take away New York alone and our numbers would be far better. Thanks, Cuomo.

Worst of all, the Democrats are purposely keeping the economy closed and citizens denied relief solely because they need to make Trump look as bad as possible to win the election. Is that the mentality you want in our leaders?
He should have said:

People over 65 and those at high risk please stay home, wear masks if you go out and social distance. Everyone else, business as usual.

Shame on him for bowing to the media mob.

Trump Derangement Syndrome causes all kind of delusional mental gyrations.

The Moon Bats will dream up all kinds of stuff.

Trump has done a fantastic job at the federal level.

If that dumbshit Crooked Hillary had won we would have twice the number of deaths and twice as many taxes.

I love the Anti-Trump answers - "He failed and you should know why by now". LOL They have no clue. It's made up bullshit.

Trump handled the pandemic as well as any leader could have even despite having to fight Democrats who are openly rooting for more deaths. You can't even get a test in England right now. Meanwhile, I can walk to my local drug store and get one. Thank you President Trump.

Here's a nice timeline.

Now, Trumpsters, you can disagree with all of this. You can call it "fake news". You can bitch and you can moan. You can lie. You can deflect. You can avoid. You can attack. You can ignore.

But now you can't say that you don't know what anyone is talking about. Your profound ignorance is no longer an excuse.

It took me about ten seconds to find. If you were REALLY curious, you could have found this yourself. You're welcome.

Here's how I see Trump's failure. From the very first days of the virus Trump lost trust of most Americans on the matter as we took it more seriously than he did.

Trump was ahead of the WHO and China's failure to report the outbreak in a timely manner.

Trump was ahead f the Democrats, who were laser-focused on the impeachment coup & never saw it coming.

Trump declared a national emergency.
- Democrats told Americans there was nothing to fear, nothing to it.

Trump energized the CDC.
- Pelosi told Americans to come to China Town

Trump stood up the Infections Disease Committee
- Cuomo told Americans to hear in large numbers and ride packed subways

Trump imposed life-saving travel bans
- Biden called them Xenophobic
- Democrats authored legislation to block them

Trump presented a fearless calm demeanor, not to panic Americans
- Democrats are pissed Trump did not engage in fear-mongering based on information thatwas wildlyinaccurate from a model Epidemiologists call 'the worst predictive model that could have been used'

Trump acknowledged the elderly were the most susceptible to die from the virus and told Americans to protect them
- Cuomo acknowledged the elderly were the most susceptible to die from the virus ... then packed nursing homes with virus-infected patients resulting in the needless deaths of over 10,000 elderly Americans...just in NY. 3 other Democrat Governors adopted the same policy, resulting in more deaths of elderly Americans.

Yeah, Democrats sure were serious from the start about the virus....

:p

I love the Anti-Trump answers - "He failed and you should know why by now". LOL They have no clue. It's made up bullshit.

Trump handled the pandemic as well as any leader could have even despite having to fight Democrats who are openly rooting for more deaths. You can't even get a test in England right now. Meanwhile, I can walk to my local drug store and get one. Thank you President Trump.

Trumpybears example is an example of failure. He, the most protected man in the world, through his own negligence, caught the virus. What a dumb fuck! If he is too stupid to protect himself, how can Americans expect him to help protect them?

Here's a nice timeline.

Now, Trumpsters, you can disagree with all of this. You can call it "fake news". You can bitch and you can moan. You can lie. You can deflect. You can avoid. You can attack. You can ignore.

But now you can't say that you don't know what anyone is talking about. Your profound ignorance is no longer an excuse.

It took me about ten seconds to find. If you were REALLY curious, you could have found this yourself. You're welcome.

'Your' own timeline shows the day after the WHO declared the virus to be a global emergency Trump was imposing travel bans.

It also says the virus was not on anyone's radar and that the Democrats / House were mired in political partisan Impeachment coup BS...no need to ask why the House / Democrats / House Intel Committee run by Adam -Fake Evidence' Shift never saw it coming...

Thanks for that timeline.

Here's a nice timeline.

'Your' own timeline shows the day after the WHO declared the virus to be a global emergency Trump was imposing travel bans.

It also says the virus was not on anyone's radar and that the Democrats / House were mired in political partisan Impeachment coup BS...no need to ask why the House / Democrats / House Intel Committee run by Adam -Fake Evidence' Shift never saw it coming...

Thanks for that timeline.
Now you know.

Now you know.
I have known from the start that Trump was on top of the COVID-19 virus situation while Democrats played their 'coup' games and ran to the opposite side of any Issue from Trump, even if they had no clue what the issue was.....which explains why Biden later admitted the travel bans were the right thing to do.

The reason I used that first early study from the UK on the efficacy of npi's is because the Rabid Right used it to bash China's response as having killed 95% more people that was necessary, if they had just started the npi's 3 weeks sooner. Obviously Trumpybears response was exponentially worse by any measure than China's.
Obviously I can't answer for whomever you mean by the "the rabid right".

I have no idea who you are talking about, or what the context was.

But regardless, I assume you understand that China and the US, have fundamental differences in law, ideology, and morals. Right?

We are nation built, at its fundamental core, on the idea of personal liberty, and inherently with that comes a limitation of the Federal Government.

China, obviously, does not hold those values. If they want to lock up a doctor, because he's saying they have an virus outbreak in progress, they can do that, and they did.

No one in China is complaining the government didn't do enough, not because they did everything right, but because if they, they'd be in jail. No one in China is contesting the numbers by the Chinese government, not because the numbers are perfect, but because if they did, they'd be in jail.

So there is two takeaways. 1, when a study comes out in the UK, by people who are not in China, have not been in China, have no data from China that didn't come from the Chinese government, I am naturally going to be skeptical.

2. Trump does not have the power to do everything. Again, fundamental difference between the US and China.

What cracks me up is, throughout this forum for the last 4 years, we've heard how Trump was going to be a Fascist, and a Dictator.

Then those very same people, spin right around and condemn him for NOT being a fascist dictator.

Remember, the Democrats were condemning Trump in March, saying that his Travel Bans were racist.

(RNS) — House Democrats are pushing for the passage of a bill rescinding President Donald Trump’s controversial travel ban, even as Republican House leaders and the White House argue the bill could impede the government’s ability to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.​
And here you are now, saying Trump didn't do enough?

The Democrats resisted every attempt by Trump to respond to the Covid-19, and here you are complaining he didn't do enough?

This is ironic to no end. You complain he is a dictator, and then complain he didn't do enough dictations.

He never had a unified and comprehensible message to the nation so he failed on the public face of his response.

He did not interject in the CDC abject failure to create early testing - as he is the ultimate responsibility in running that agency he should have intervened when the process failed as massively as it did and this should have been his wheelhouse considering this was essentially a red tape issue.

National coordination in creating and distributing PPE was never accomplished at all. This is one of the core responsibilities that the national government would have at a time like this and they failed on that front as well.

Essentially, every responsibility that the national government had they failed in. Try naming something that they did correctly....

Once again, I ask anyone to give me concrete answers on what resources were truly available that Trump missed? You cannot just "wish for" PPE that does not exist. But Trump did the best he could.

Trump convinced Bloom Energy to go into the Manufacture of Respirators business back in the day when governors were crying about their ICUs filling up and not having any ventilators. Hundreds were built from scratch, so Trump focused on saving lives in the ICUs first and foremost.

For masks, all we had at our disposal was what was left by the previous administration. No other nation (China) was willing to give or sell us the PPE we needed.
He did get 3M back into the business of mask making, though. Biden was asked if he would have supplied masks to schools at his town hall and he said "at first we thought it was a good idea, but later we realized it was better to send what we had to hospitals." That was what Trump did, so would Biden have done better?

Trump also implemented travel bans before any democrat thought of it. He was among the first world leaders to do it, and you know how the Democrats responded.

The rest of your argument is just magic thinking unless you can name a solution that Trump somehow missed. Do you know of someone who had a better Covid test available on a wide basis that Trump failed to use?

Here's how I see Trump's failure.

From the very first days of the virus Trump lost trust of most Americans on the matter as we took it more seriously than he did. Meanwhile the administration was trotting out the likes of Anthony Fauci. Not a good strategy at all as Democrats AND Republicans in control took advice on how to handle things from the only legitimate source of information they saw, Fauci and the scientific medical community. Here is where I disagree with Democrats, I believe Trump's ineptitude initially saved lives by this inadvertent empowering of Fauci.

Now with risks reduced through better knowledge of the virus Trump's challenge is to somehow gain credibility on the matter and lead. His joyride antic over the weekend didn't help him in that regard.

In the very first days, the Democrats went full fear-mongering on us. They lost their heads. Do you recall estimates of 60% of our population likely dying from COVID? I remember it very clearly. It was because of THAT that Trump told Woodward (6 months ago) that he wanted to be more of a calming influence on the public (yes, "play it down") which makes total sense to me in light of what some chicken-littles were saying back then.

And again - the fear-mongering continues. "Trump is going to infect 100 people at the white house..." - it's all political. Can you admit that if it had been a Democrat who had responded like Trump did that you would be praising him now?

Forum List

Back