Something my classmate just posted.

emptystep

VIP Member
Jul 17, 2012
Something my classmate posted this morning.

At the first of the session we are asked to give an introduction of ourselves:
Hello. My name is [----------] and this is my first semester at AMU. I have chosen to pursue my degree in intelligence studies with a concentration in criminal intelligence. I have an AA from Santa Fe Community College in Gainesville, Florida and a BS degree in hospitality management from the University of Florida.

I am a Captain in the Florida Army National Guard in the field Counterintelligence and am currently deployed in Washington DC. I also hold a MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) as an All Source Intelligence Officer and Air Defense Artillery Officer. I enlisted in the Army Reserves in 2002 as a Military Police and since have served with Special Operations, Human Intelligence/Counterintelligence units, and my current assignment in Air Defense Artillery.

When not deployed, I live in Jupiter, Florida with my wife, 3 year old daughter, and two dogs. In my civilian career I am a Deputy Sheriff at the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, the largest county in the state of Florida. I have been working at the Sheriff’s Office since 2008 and currently am assigned to the Road Patrol Division. My goal is to eventually work in either our Narcotics Division or our Strategic Intelligence Unit as well as become a member of the SWAT team. Due to my military obligations, I have been unable to pursue these positions as of yet.

The reason I choose this degree is because of my background in intelligence and I hope to gain more knowledge in the field to apply it to both my military and law enforcement career. I hope that this class will provide me with a strong basis in research methods to which I can use throughout my time at AMU as well as my Army intelligence career.

He posted this this morning:
This is my first semester at AMU and one of two classes that I am taking. In the past I have taken business courses online for my undergrad and really did not like it. I found it difficult to grasp some of the concepts and not being able to talk it through with the instructor really didn't help. It really hurt my motivation in the class and I became frustrated. When I first started this class I felt some of the same feelings. I was intimidated right from the start not knowing what to expect of both online classes and graduate level work. As the course went on and I FINALLY narrowed down my research topic I started to grasp an understanding of not just what my research topic would be but how to obtain the data I needed to complete my paper.

In the beginning of the course we did homework that involved researching how to research. At the time it seemed simple but now I realize the importance of it because I have applied it throughout the course and in my other course, Intelligence Operations. I think the hardest part of all was knowing how much research is considered enough. In striving to produce thorough discussion topics and complete homework assignments I must have read hundreds of articles before I carefully chose an article to use. Sometimes it was as simple as a single idea that would be relative to my work, sometimes it would be the entire article. I really enjoyed this class and reading about how other people came to conclusions and what research methods they used. Actually, in talking through my own research methods and all of yours I think that is where I finally "got it".

I wish everyone good luck in the future. Unfortunately for me, the sequester has cut off my TA and I'm not sure of my immediate future of taking classes. I will definitely finish here eventually but I hope that it is sooner than later! Thanks guys!

[-----]

He is a full time sheriff's deputy, and has a side income as a military officer in the reserves.

Dude...he can afford to pay for his own online courses, I promise. If not, he needs to change his major to financial management or something.

You RW'ers are complaining about people living off the government.

This guy is taking in a full time and part time paycheck from the government.

And you want sympathy that the taxpayer wont continue paying for his online courses???? But then again, the way right wing mayors and local politicians have slashed the compensation for cops, who knows, maybe as a full time sheriffs deputy he actually cant afford it any longer.

He is a full time sheriff's deputy, and has a side income as a military officer in the reserves.

Dude...he can afford to pay for his own online courses, I promise. If not, he needs to change his major to financial management or something.

You RW'ers are complaining about people living off the government.

This guy is taking in a full time and part time paycheck from the government.

And you want sympathy that the taxpayer wont continue paying for his online courses???? But then again, the way right wing mayors and local politicians have slashed the compensation for cops, who knows, maybe as a full time sheriffs deputy he actually cant afford it any longer.

Although completely inappropriately I just asked him. If he does answer, which he probably shouldn't, his business, I will let you know.

Fair enough. Im extremely pro-police and pro-military. But that said, I do know some things have to be brought under control. If cutting of tuition assistance prevents a salary cut, then so be it. But with a full time job as a cop, and a part time one as a military officer, I see no reason why the taxpayer should have to pay for his college online courses.

They put their business out there.

How much more taxpayer support does this person want?

Edit:

"part of the deal"

Really? A life as a fucking cop who wants perpetual credential updates paid by decent people? That isn't a good deal for taxpayers.

Last edited:
The Banker noose around America's neck gets tighter.

Have you seen what's happening in Cyprus? That's coming here.

How do I know? America is run by the same Bankers that run Cyprus and every other country that has a Private Central Bank.

Fair enough. Im extremely pro-police and pro-military. But that said, I do know some things have to be brought under control. If cutting of tuition assistance prevents a salary cut, then so be it. But with a full time job as a cop, and a part time one as a military officer, I see no reason why the taxpayer should have to pay for his college online courses.

Because he served and that was part of the deal?

Because he served and that was part of the deal?

Cops sign on with lots of stuff to sweeten the deal. Including tuition assistance, take-home cars, GREAT benefits.

When the economy tanked, RW'ers said they had to accept the cuts, we didnt have the money.

So, this man serves in two uniforms, risks his life in both. Both offered perks of the job. We're now broke. I admire his service. But, reality is reality. He is losing some of the perks that those jobs promised.

At least that what RW'ers tell me.

Hello. My name is [----------] and this is my first semester at AMU. I have chosen to pursue my degree in intelligence studies with a concentration in criminal intelligence. I have an AA from Santa Fe Community College in Gainesville, Florida and a BS degree in hospitality management from the University of Florida.

I am a Captain in the Florida Army National Guard in the field Counterintelligence and am currently deployed in Washington DC. I also hold a MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) as an All Source Intelligence Officer and Air Defense Artillery Officer. I enlisted in the Army Reserves in 2002 as a Military Police and since have served with Special Operations, Human Intelligence/Counterintelligence units, and my current assignment in Air Defense Artillery.

When not deployed, I live in Jupiter, Florida with my wife, 3 year old daughter, and two dogs. In my civilian career I am a Deputy Sheriff at the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, the largest county in the state of Florida. I have been working at the Sheriff’s Office since 2008 and currently am assigned to the Road Patrol Division. My goal is to eventually work in either our Narcotics Division or our Strategic Intelligence Unit as well as become a member of the SWAT team. Due to my military obligations, I have been unable to pursue these positions as of yet.

The reason I choose this degree is because of my background in intelligence and I hope to gain more knowledge in the field to apply it to both my military and law enforcement career. I hope that this class will provide me with a strong basis in research methods to which I can use throughout my time at AMU as well as my Army intelligence career.

This is my first semester at AMU and one of two classes that I am taking. In the past I have taken business courses online for my undergrad and really did not like it. I found it difficult to grasp some of the concepts and not being able to talk it through with the instructor really didn't help. It really hurt my motivation in the class and I became frustrated. When I first started this class I felt some of the same feelings. I was intimidated right from the start not knowing what to expect of both online classes and graduate level work. As the course went on and I FINALLY narrowed down my research topic I started to grasp an understanding of not just what my research topic would be but how to obtain the data I needed to complete my paper.

In the beginning of the course we did homework that involved researching how to research. At the time it seemed simple but now I realize the importance of it because I have applied it throughout the course and in my other course, Intelligence Operations. I think the hardest part of all was knowing how much research is considered enough. In striving to produce thorough discussion topics and complete homework assignments I must have read hundreds of articles before I carefully chose an article to use. Sometimes it was as simple as a single idea that would be relative to my work, sometimes it would be the entire article. I really enjoyed this class and reading about how other people came to conclusions and what research methods they used. Actually, in talking through my own research methods and all of yours I think that is where I finally "got it".

I wish everyone good luck in the future. Unfortunately for me, the sequester has cut off my TA and I'm not sure of my immediate future of taking classes. I will definitely finish here eventually but I hope that it is sooner than later! Thanks guys!

[-----]

Sounds to me like your friend has the character and drive to prevail and overcome all obstacles. Godspeed. :)

There is something truly disturbing about the immediate conclusion that this student was complaining about tuition assistance. Although his TA was cut off, delaying his completion of the course, that was not the basis of his complaints.

This guy does bring up a fascinating example.

Many right wingers have shown absolutley no sympathy- even outright aggression- to police officers who have lost part of the package they signed on for.

But, they then fight tooth and nail to ensure nothing at all gets trimmed from the military deals.

This guy serves in both uniforms. Im sure if you asked him, he'd say he has faced many dangers protecting US citizens- in both jobs.

Yet, most right wingers would have a bipolar response to his situation. In one uniform, he must suck it up and accept that the taxpayers no longer want to fund his lifestyle. In the other uniform, they will fight forever to maintain his lifestyle. He protects them in both uniforms. Yet, depending on which uniform he protects them in, the RW response to his service will change.

Many right wingers have shown absolutley no sympathy- even outright aggression- to police officers who have lost part of the package they signed on for.

But, they then fight tooth and nail to ensure nothing at all gets trimmed from the military deals.

This guy serves in both uniforms. Im sure if you asked him, he'd say he has faced many dangers protecting US citizens- in both jobs.

Yet, most right wingers would have a bipolar response to his situation. In one uniform, he must suck it up and accept that the taxpayers no longer want to fund his lifestyle. In the other uniform, they will fight forever to maintain his lifestyle. He protects them in both uniforms. Yet, depending on which uniform he protects them in, the RW response to his service will change.

I agree the rw is very schizzy on this but they're usually against help for our vets and vets' families and even more so now that we have a First Lady who works FOR our vets. They hate her so they have to hate the work she does for her country. So, even while they want to take bennies away from our vets, they also want to spend more on military equipment that we don't need.

Another thread talked about how libs don't want another war (Iran) while the right is itching to bomb something. Anything.

And, what the hell - if they can't bomb something, they'll make do with torturing someone.

investing in our future means investing in our people.

some are just to stupid and greedy to know that

Not every liberal is a big government enthusiast or has any respect left for above-line-level bureaucrats after the failures of the last forty years. My respect for government is limited to basic services not including a bunch of potgutted old men and storm trooping young zipperheads pretending like they are either protecting me or know what is best for me in emergency situations on property I own.

This person is already living off taxpayers. If they don't like it they should do something else.

Last edited:
For all I know he is buying a second house on the beach and a Land Rover, doubt it but suppose he is. He may have all his monthly income allocated for that and classes. Now that he lost his TA and has to reallocate and will be back in a month or two. The issue may be just the change in expenses. It is not the sequester itself that DoD and the IC has an issue with. It is the nature in which they operate. This guy can just take a little time to readjust and pick up where he left off. For most of the agencies effected by the sequester this is very much not the case. It really, really needs to be undone.

Although one can use TA for anything this guy is going from one level to the next in protecting our country. Is that not worth a little something?

[-----]

I wonder whether your 'classmate' would appreciate you posting his comments on a public board that he is not a member of.

Glad you said 'classmate' and not 'friend'.

Pathetic twit.

For all I know he is buying a second house on the beach and a Land Rover, doubt it but suppose he is. He may have all his monthly income allocated for that and classes. Now that he lost his TA and has to reallocate and will be back in a month or two. The issue may be just the change in expenses. It is not the sequester itself that DoD and the IC has an issue with. It is the nature in which they operate. This guy can just take a little time to readjust and pick up where he left off. For most of the agencies effected by the sequester this is very much not the case. It really, really needs to be undone.

Although one can use TA for anything this guy is going from one level to the next in protecting our country. Is that not worth a little something?

Here's a radical idea... why don't your mind your own fucking business about his life and stop posting his comments on a board that he does not belong to and has no opportunity to defend or explain or add context to his words.

You really are a pathetic little shit.

I agree the rw is very schizzy on this but they're usually against help for our vets and vets' families and even more so now that we have a First Lady who works FOR our vets. They hate her so they have to hate the work she does for her country. So, even while they want to take bennies away from our vets, they also want to spend more on military equipment that we don't need.

Another thread talked about how libs don't want another war (Iran) while the right is itching to bomb something. Anything.

And, what the hell - if they can't bomb something, they'll make do with torturing someone.

I wasnt in the military, so I cant comment a lot on this. But I've heard that many vets got shitty treatment when they came back from overseas over the years.

The defense contractors want to bomb something. Business is good for bomb makers...but only if we are bombing something.

[-----]

I wonder whether your 'classmate' would appreciate you posting his comments on a public board that he is not a member of.

Pathetic twit.

"Absolutely! Thanks for asking ES" OK, he did not really say 'ES'.

Pathetic twit.

"Absolutely! Thanks for asking ES" OK, he did not really say 'ES'.

Apology will be accepting in large, unmarked bills. Did you know that some drug dealers and money launders actually weight their money rather than count it? That the shear volume of cash makes it hard to transport? That diamonds are a popular method of moving money due to their high value and small size and ability to liquidate quickly with no questions asked? Did you know that people are worth a lot of money? Would you like to buy one? You don't have to know a lot of this shit because someone else is looking out for you. Like this guy right here.

Forum List

Back