Something my classmate just posted.

There is shit out there that no one would ever make a movie out of because it would be just "too real". Shit that would have you hiding in the closet for at least a month with a 45 pointed at the door. Some people don't hide, they act.

Have a nice day. :)

Fair enough. Im extremely pro-police and pro-military. But that said, I do know some things have to be brought under control. If cutting of tuition assistance prevents a salary cut, then so be it. But with a full time job as a cop, and a part time one as a military officer, I see no reason why the taxpayer should have to pay for his college online courses.

Because he served and that was part of the deal?

Cops sign on with lots of stuff to sweeten the deal. Including tuition assistance, take-home cars, GREAT benefits.

When the economy tanked, RW'ers said they had to accept the cuts, we didnt have the money.

So, this man serves in two uniforms, risks his life in both. Both offered perks of the job. We're now broke. I admire his service. But, reality is reality. He is losing some of the perks that those jobs promised.

At least that what RW'ers tell me.

Ah yes, everything is someone else's fault, never the majority party.

I have to say, a degree in hospitality management does sound like BS.

How did I guess student debt was in there somewhere?

I dont mind. Im in the Army, not a civilian contractor, so I make base salary for my rank. I choose to stay in the Army instead of get out and make money doing the same thing.

I forgot to mention that at the moment im full time Army until I go back to reserve status. The cost of living where I live is quite high, my sheriffs salary isnt bad but its one of the lowest in the area, and my wife is a stay at home mother after she lost her teaching job, not to mention what pre-school costs these days. I travel across the state for my reserve drill and end up paying out more than half of what I make in gas and lodging. Trying to pay off debt from school and still provide my family a comfortable life leaves more month at the end of my money most of the time.

There is shit out there that no one would ever make a movie out of because it would be just "too real". Shit that would have you hiding in the closet for at least a month with a 45 pointed at the door. Some people don't hide, they act.

You are absolutely right. People think bad shit is only going on outside the US.

If they had any clue what was going on in their own cities, on streets they'd never drive down, or, in their own neighbors home, they'd be first shocked, then angered that someone hasn't done something about it. They'd never accept that humanity just has a dark evil side that sees no borders.

You are absolutely right. People think bad shit is only going on outside the US.

If they had any clue what was going on in their own cities, on streets they'd never drive down, or, in their own neighbors home, they'd be first shocked, then angered that someone hasn't done something about it. They'd never accept that humanity just has a dark evil side that sees no borders.

There were almost 13,000 murders in the U.S. in 2010. Some of those where muggings and domestic violence and the like but many of those, maybe most of them were from a war. Any conflict that has perhaps 10,000 casualties a year I would call a war. The number of wounded probably twice that. So we are talking about 30,000 dead and wounded in a war in our very own country. Keep cutting programs in the war zones and it will only get worse and spread. If we cut the food aid, stop building and rebuilding schools, rebuilding infrastructure, and providing protection to the people caught in the cross fire, what? sounds like Afghanistan? Maybe now people will see why we need to do both.

EconomicPolicyJournal.com: How People Are Murdered in the United States

Asked for an example of his work and this is what I got. I got nothing to add. Oh, I will mention, we just yanked his TA, in case you missed that at the OP.

honestly its not the dangerous stuff that really scares me. Ive been involved in shootings, wrestled with bad guys with weapons, etc but I dint take any of that home with me. I dint really talk about work because I really dint want to relive it and my wife certainly doesnt want to know about it. unfortunately when you come home with torn clothing or bruises and cuts threes not hiding it.

The worst was just before Christmas a few years back. A man located his family who had escaped him from their out of town home. he took the mother in law and his wife hostage with their two toddlers in the room. when they tried to run he shot his wife in the head in front of the children. At this point we had to make entry into the home because we couldnt wait for our tactical unit to respond. We were shot at as we went in behind the shield but were able to save the children. While wrestling with the father I managed to get a nasty cut on my hand. I got covered in the other guys blood, who ended up testing positive for hepatitis C at the hospital. Because of this, I had to take a cocktail of drugs in hope of preventing contracting the disease which makes you very ill. After that, I had to have my blood tested every month for a year to see if I was positive for hep C. Luckily I didnt get hep C but with a pregnant wife at home it was tough knowing I may have contracted a deadly virus.

A few weeks after the incident, I took a burglary call from the mother in law involved in the shooting. While she was at the hospital with her grand children (mother is dead, father in jail for murder) people broke in stole every present their mother had bought them, all the electronics in the house, and even the Christmas tree. Knowing that these children would not even have presents given to their mother before she died made me sick. The department did a fundraiser for the children and bought them a ton of gifts and even some things for the retired grandmother now that she was the sole provider for the two children. Those are the cases that get to me the worst.

Forum List

Back