🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sony hack takes a very serious turn

If a punk nation can cripple our constitutional right to be entertained by a stupid movie, then what is next. And isn't it about time we sent a death message to hackers? Let the gooks be the first to feel the sting of our presidents wrath...or does he even know about it yet?

Gooks? My, oh my...I can hear your panty peas rattling from here. And now all of the sudden you invoke Obama's name.

Anyway, if this didn't piss off Kim Jong Un I don't know what will.

Whoa there, hold up...

>> The hackers warn people to stay away from places screening "The Interview," a comedy starring James Franco and Seth Rogen about the assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un <<
Isn't this the same sort of script the bedwetters wet their beds over with "Death of a President", attributing it to "the left" -- even though it's a British film?

Having it both ways: Priceless.

Yep, Huffer was thrilled with a film about assassinating a United States President, but North Korea is over the line - you got nutin but respect for NK - the model you'd like to see in this nation....

That's kind of hilarious, seeing as how you're the one giving them the reaction they want, not me.

To wit:

What a great plan. Don't like some threat somebody made? Hey, just nuke 'em.
Predictable from a wag who thinks Rachel Carson depopulated India.

Again, find a competent intelligence team and verify that the threat is credible. You know, check with Israel. Obviously the Obama administration isn't competent to wash a car, but if this is found credible - if it is found that NK plans to set off a dirty bomb in San Francisco or Seattle - would you suggest we instead beg forgiveness, outlaw the film and any further films critical of them?

hair-fire.gif

Last edited:
If a punk nation can cripple our constitutional right to be entertained by a stupid movie, then what is next. And isn't it about time we sent a death message to hackers? Let the gooks be the first to feel the sting of our presidents wrath...or does he even know about it yet?

Gooks? My, oh my...I can hear your panty peas rattling from here. And now all of the sudden you invoke Obama's name.

NTP...the ultimate Empathizer.

NTP...the ultimate Empathizer.

Making fun of your phony macho bullshit is not empathy, just a little sympathy for your faux saber rattling.

Things just took a very serious turn (not that the hacking was to be taken lightly)

This may be just a threat/scare tactic to keep asses out of the seats for this film or some serious shit is about to go down.

I don't know how I feel at this point. My first reaction is that theatre's should just call it off, pull the film. The possibility of losing a lot of lives--or a few lives-- for a silly movie is just not worth it. On the other hand, nothing could happen. I don't know folks, is it worth it?

Sony Hackers Threaten People Who See The Interview Invoke 9 11

I try not to take anything posted on Huffingglue too seriously.

That said, yielding to terrorists is the worst possible move. IF the threat is credible, then we should launch a preemptive nuclear strike on Pyongyang. It has to be nuclear because unless they are crushed in the first wave, they will use Nukes on Seoul.

And really, isn't it long past time for North Korea to cease to exist?

We should check with Israel to see if the threat is credible, since they have a competent administration and intelligence system. Then move very quickly to neuter then snarling little beast.
There are a few pubs reporting on it (Mashable, Variety) Sony Hackers Threaten 9 11 Attack on Movie Theaters That Screen 8216 The Interview 8217 Variety

Probably more as the day goes on.

I get what you're saying about yielding to these terrorist threats and agree to a point BUT what if something does happen and American's lose their lives? Was it worth it? I think there comes a time when we have to set aside our pride and do the RESPONSIBLE thing. Then again there's repercussion's to that decision as well.

As I type this out I think I found my answer and you touched on it. If they determine the threat is credible they should pull it, go on the offensive, eliminate the threat and release it a little later. If its nothing but hot air release it.

One thing is for certain I do think this will have a very serious impact on theatre's that are playing it. People will steer clear of them and go to another theatre that isn't playing it and see something else.

Whoa there, hold up...

>> The hackers warn people to stay away from places screening "The Interview," a comedy starring James Franco and Seth Rogen about the assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un <<
Isn't this the same sort of script the bedwetters wet their beds over with "Death of a President", attributing it to "the left" -- even though it's a British film?

Yep, Huffer was thrilled with a film about assassinating a United States President, but North Korea is over the line - you got nutin but respect for NK - the model you'd like to see in this nation....

That's kind of hilarious, seeing as how you're the one giving them the reaction they want, not me.

To wit:

Again, find a competent intelligence team and verify that the threat is credible. You know, check with Israel. Obviously the Obama administration isn't competent to wash a car, but if this is found credible - if it is found that NK plans to set off a dirty bomb in San Francisco or Seattle - would you suggest we instead beg forgiveness, outlaw the film and any further films critical of them?

hair-fire.gif

Pfft ... Watching y'all go back and forth is probably more entertaining than the movie.

.​

The one thing we can be sure of, this is just the tip of the iceberg for what Sony knows. We only get 10-15% of anything in the mainstream media. We'll have to watch and see what they actually do.

Seth Rogen made the cover of Rolling Stone this month, finally. I bet he's mad as hell.

Things just took a very serious turn (not that the hacking was to be taken lightly)

This may be just a threat/scare tactic to keep asses out of the seats for this film or some serious shit is about to go down.

I don't know how I feel at this point. My first reaction is that theatre's should just call it off, pull the film. The possibility of losing a lot of lives--or a few lives-- for a silly movie is just not worth it. On the other hand, nothing could happen. I don't know folks, is it worth it?

That said, yielding to terrorists is the worst possible move. IF the threat is credible, then we should launch a preemptive nuclear strike on Pyongyang. It has to be nuclear because unless they are crushed in the first wave, they will use Nukes on Seoul.

We should check with Israel to see if the threat is credible, since they have a competent administration and intelligence system. Then move very quickly to neuter then snarling little beast.
There are a few pubs reporting on it (Mashable, Variety) Sony Hackers Threaten 9 11 Attack on Movie Theaters That Screen 8216 The Interview 8217 Variety

I get what you're saying about yielding to these terrorist threats and agree to a point BUT what if something does happen and American's lose their lives? Was it worth it? I think there comes a time when we have to set aside our pride and do the RESPONSIBLE thing. Then again there's repercussion's to that decision as well.

As I type this out I think I found my answer and you touched on it. If they determine the threat is credible they should pull it, go on the offensive, eliminate the threat and release it a little later. If its nothing but hot air release it.

One thing is for certain I do think this will have a very serious impact on theatre's that are playing it. People will steer clear of them and go to another theatre that isn't playing it and see something else.
If something happens it will obviously be Obama's fault.

Whoa there, hold up...

To wit:

hair-fire.gif

Pfft ... Watching y'all go back and forth is probably more entertaining than the movie.

.​

I admit it. I wouldn't be where I am today without my straight men.

If something happens it will obviously be Obama's fault.

And if nothing happens it will be Booooosh's doing.

It's all about shits and giggles. I don't think the hackers mean any physical harm to anybody, and I seriously doubt NK is involved in any way. After news outlets speculated North Korean involvement the hackers found a convenient scapegoat, and an additional outlet for LULZ. What they didn't anticipate is the fact that the US government takes threats like that pretty serious.

We can't make a decision based on "what if X happens" and "what does your intelligence think-- do they have WMDs?"

Especially decisions about the principle of Free Speech we purport to believe in. Once we start caving just because somebody tweeted a sabre rattle, we've abandoned all that, and once we abandon that we have nothing left. Either we stand for it or we don't. So I say run it in every movie theater there is, simultaneously.

Last edited:
Just go see the movie in a theater in a state that allows conceal and carry.

That's called a circular firing squad. Especially when you idiots mow each other down in the dark.
It only takes one with decent aim. It only takes one terrorist with average aim to kill dozens. You are another math-challenged democrat.

We can't make a decision based on "what if X happens" and "what does your intelligence think-- do they have WMDs?"

Especially decisions about the principle of Free Speech we purport to believe in. Once we start caving just because somebody tweeted a sabre rattle, we've abandoned all that. Either we stand for it or we don't. So I say run it in every movie theater there is, simultaneously.

Show the premiers this week at grade schools so if the hackers do something we can unleash the dogs of war them and change all kinds of laws regarding movies then further justify infringing the rights of others.

Go Big ... Or Stay Home.

Just kidding ... Crap, I shouldn't have cut the yard today ... Too much fresh air.

There will be no North Korean terrorist attack in the United States. IF by chance anyone gets out of North Korea what they really want is lunch. One good meal. If a North Korean were to attack a theater they would get no further than popcorn, hot dogs and candy bars.

Forum List

Back