🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sony hack takes a very serious turn

The movie will be shown. It will be seen. It will make tons of money.

I expect that President Obama has already seen it and that he laughed his ass off.

In general, Americans are more concerned about dying in a plane crash than they are of being killed by North Korean terrorists while watching a movie.

I dunno. This is somewhat unprecedented. When Home Depot was busted, as was Target, they lost sales immediately after the breach was announced. People started using cash. According to this threat, you can pay with cash or credit card and still get caught in the crossfire.

The movie will be shown. It will be seen. It will make tons of money.

I expect that President Obama has already seen it and that he laughed his ass off.

In general, Americans are more concerned about dying in a plane crash than they are of being killed by North Korean terrorists while watching a movie.

I dunno. This is somewhat unprecedented. When Home Depot was busted, as was Target, they lost sales immediately after the breach was announced. People started using cash. According to this threat, you can pay with cash or credit card and still get caught in the crossfire.

I'm going. I love Rogen and Franco. They are comedy gold.

Things just took a very serious turn (not that the hacking was to be taken lightly)

This may be just a threat/scare tactic to keep asses out of the seats for this film or some serious shit is about to go down.

I don't know how I feel at this point. My first reaction is that theatre's should just call it off, pull the film. The possibility of losing a lot of lives--or a few lives-- for a silly movie is just not worth it. On the other hand, nothing could happen. I don't know folks, is it worth it?

Sony Hackers Threaten People Who See The Interview Invoke 9 11

I try not to take anything posted on Huffingglue too seriously.

That said, yielding to terrorists is the worst possible move. IF the threat is credible, then we should launch a preemptive nuclear strike on Pyongyang. It has to be nuclear because unless they are crushed in the first wave, they will use Nukes on Seoul.

And really, isn't it long past time for North Korea to cease to exist?

We should check with Israel to see if the threat is credible, since they have a competent administration and intelligence system. Then move very quickly to neuter then snarling little beast.
There are a few pubs reporting on it (Mashable, Variety) Sony Hackers Threaten 9 11 Attack on Movie Theaters That Screen 8216 The Interview 8217 Variety

Probably more as the day goes on.

I get what you're saying about yielding to these terrorist threats and agree to a point BUT what if something does happen and American's lose their lives? Was it worth it? I think there comes a time when we have to set aside our pride and do the RESPONSIBLE thing. Then again there's repercussion's to that decision as well.

As I type this out I think I found my answer and you touched on it. If they determine the threat is credible they should pull it, go on the offensive, eliminate the threat and release it a little later. If its nothing but hot air release it.

One thing is for certain I do think this will have a very serious impact on theatre's that are playing it. People will steer clear of them and go to another theatre that isn't playing it and see something else.

We can't make a decision based on "what if X happens" and "what does your intelligence think-- do they have WMDs?"

Especially decisions about the principle of Free Speech we purport to believe in. Once we start caving just because somebody tweeted a sabre rattle, we've abandoned all that, and once we abandon that we have nothing left. Either we stand for it or we don't. So I say run it in every movie theater there is, simultaneously.
You're preaching to the choir :) I get that. For the sake of this discussion, lets say that people are killed. IED, VBIED, suicide bombers or whatever does that change the dialogue in this country? Do we continue to take this stand or do we re-evaluate?
So...the movie is shown because we bowed down to Piggy's threats...and people still get killed. Doomed if we do, doomed if we don't. Obeying the threat means "give an inch, they take a mile". Fuck NK.
Nobody has bowed........yet. I_think_if there is a real and credible threat it will be pulled and they will let American's know that in the interest of everyone's safety, theatre's were alerted to pull the movie until further notice.

On the other hand if all that comes of this is these types of headlines, it's probably safe to say that this was nothing but shenanigans.

That said, yielding to terrorists is the worst possible move. IF the threat is credible, then we should launch a preemptive nuclear strike on Pyongyang. It has to be nuclear because unless they are crushed in the first wave, they will use Nukes on Seoul.

We should check with Israel to see if the threat is credible, since they have a competent administration and intelligence system. Then move very quickly to neuter then snarling little beast.
There are a few pubs reporting on it (Mashable, Variety) Sony Hackers Threaten 9 11 Attack on Movie Theaters That Screen 8216 The Interview 8217 Variety

I get what you're saying about yielding to these terrorist threats and agree to a point BUT what if something does happen and American's lose their lives? Was it worth it? I think there comes a time when we have to set aside our pride and do the RESPONSIBLE thing. Then again there's repercussion's to that decision as well.

As I type this out I think I found my answer and you touched on it. If they determine the threat is credible they should pull it, go on the offensive, eliminate the threat and release it a little later. If its nothing but hot air release it.

One thing is for certain I do think this will have a very serious impact on theatre's that are playing it. People will steer clear of them and go to another theatre that isn't playing it and see something else.

We can't make a decision based on "what if X happens" and "what does your intelligence think-- do they have WMDs?"

Especially decisions about the principle of Free Speech we purport to believe in. Once we start caving just because somebody tweeted a sabre rattle, we've abandoned all that, and once we abandon that we have nothing left. Either we stand for it or we don't. So I say run it in every movie theater there is, simultaneously.
You're preaching to the choir :) I get that. For the sake of this discussion, lets say that people are killed. IED, VBIED, suicide bombers or whatever does that change the dialogue in this country? Do we continue to take this stand or do we re-evaluate?
So...the movie is shown because we bowed down to Piggy's threats...and people still get killed. Doomed if we do, doomed if we don't. Obeying the threat means "give an inch, they take a mile". Fuck NK.
Nobody has bowed........yet. I_think_if there is a real and credible threat it will be pulled and they will let American's know that in the interest of everyone's safety theatre's were alerted to pull the movie until further notice.

On the other hand if all that comes of this is these types of headlines, it's probably safe to say that this was nothing but shenanigans.

I disagree. The film will be shown. Real terrorists.....like real revolutionaries....don't signal their plans.

Comedy, satire and the works have been around for quite some time. I don't think much is considered off-limits currently. I understand your point to an extent (I think) ... But to what degree do we allow others to shape our dialog?

I understand how dialog is important ... And how setting priorities in dialog is beneficial. I don't think condoning violence by rewarding the effort with dialog is the message to send. The idea that people intent on inflicting harm to others can present much as far as a productive dialog is concerned is a stretch ... And I am not very interested in discussing their concerns if they find them justified in the death of innocents.

Rebellion serves a purpose ... But more as a last resort when all else has failed and you need to clear the field.

Sorry, this post just pinned my vague-o-meter. Does it come in English?

:)

Nobody has bowed........yet. I_think_if there is a real and credible threat it will be pulled and they will let American's know that in the interest of everyone's safety, theatre's were alerted to pull the movie until further notice.

Don't you see -- that itself is bowing. It empowers the gadflies who come up with this crap. Why encourage them? Whether it derived genuinely from NK or from some creative hack in his mom's basement in Indiana makes little difference if the conclusion either way is, "look at me, I can command the United States to do my bidding".

If a punk nation can cripple our constitutional right to be entertained by a stupid movie, then what is next. And isn't it about time we sent a death message to hackers? Let the gooks be the first to feel the sting of our presidents wrath...or does he even know about it yet?
Our president has a wrath?...Where does he use it, on the golf course?
For 6 years he's had a history of using his wrath on cops. He doesn't have the balls to use it on NK or Muslim terrorists.

Oh look!! A moderate makes a very moderate comment!! How special.
LL, I'm a Ditto Head. Big difference. Rush is Right, y'know.

If a punk nation can cripple our constitutional right to be entertained by a stupid movie, then what is next. And isn't it about time we sent a death message to hackers? Let the gooks be the first to feel the sting of our presidents wrath...or does he even know about it yet?
Our president has a wrath?...Where does he use it, on the golf course?
For 6 years he's had a history of using his wrath on cops. He doesn't have the balls to use it on NK or Muslim terrorists.

Oh look!! A moderate makes a very moderate comment!! How special.
LL, I'm a Ditto Head. Big difference. Rush is Right, y'know.

Woooooooohooooo! A Ditto Head! Live and in the flesh. A dying breed.

Comedy, satire and the works have been around for quite some time. I don't think much is considered off-limits currently. I understand your point to an extent (I think) ... But to what degree do we allow others to shape our dialog?

I understand how dialog is important ... And how setting priorities in dialog is beneficial. I don't think condoning violence by rewarding the effort with dialog is the message to send. The idea that people intent on inflicting harm to others can present much as far as a productive dialog is concerned is a stretch ... And I am not very interested in discussing their concerns if they find them justified in the death of innocents.

Rebellion serves a purpose ... But more as a last resort when all else has failed and you need to clear the field.

Sorry, this post just pinned my vague-o-meter. Does it come in English?

:)

The hackers have not identified who they are or at least associated with ... Or any motivation for their attack (if it occurs) other than being pissed off ... So opening a dialog to address concerns brought to the forefront by unspecified sources for personal reasons as the result of terrorism would be foolish.

Giving just anyone the idea that we will consider their concerns if they start killing people sends the wrong message.

I disagree. The film will be shown. Real terrorists.....like real revolutionaries....don't signal their plans.
Then you AGREE with my second comment.

Don't you see -- that itself is bowing. It empowers the gadflies who come up with this crap. Why encourage them? Whether it derived genuinely from NK or from some creative hack in his mom's basement in Indiana makes little difference if the conclusion either way is, "look at me, I can command the United States to do my bidding"
Again for the sake of this discussion the threat was determined real and credible: do you think when 100? (insert a smaller or larger number if you wish) American's lose their lives at a movie theatre, that people will demand the Presidents and members of the intelligences communities heads, or will they shrug it off as a terrible tragedy? Attribute it to 'we made a stand".

Things just took a very serious turn (not that the hacking was to be taken lightly)

This may be just a threat/scare tactic to keep asses out of the seats for this film or some serious shit is about to go down.

I don't know how I feel at this point. My first reaction is that theatre's should just call it off, pull the film. The possibility of losing a lot of lives--or a few lives-- for a silly movie is just not worth it. On the other hand, nothing could happen. I don't know folks, is it worth it?

Sony Hackers Threaten People Who See The Interview Invoke 9 11

This is what gives terrorist power.

Why anyone gives a crap how theses barbarians are treated when captured is beyond me.

South Park is cable. Sony Universal is ....worldwide. Duh.......

All I can say, is I'm so ronery.

kim-jong-il-team-america.jpg

do you think when 100? (insert a smaller or larger number if you wish) American's lose their lives at a movie theatre, that people will demand the Presidents and members of the intelligences communities heads, or will they shrug it off as a terrible tragedy? Attribute it to 'we made a stand".

Shit happens in todays world. Creepies are crawling everywhere, wanting to do harm. Or threatening to. Or actually doing it. The day we stop watching movies because some asshole says not to watch OR ELSE and we do as they demand, is the day we may as well surrender to the world and be their lackeys. So in answer to the question..we stood our ground to do what we have always done. Go see movies for entertainment. Period. The president has nothing to do with what WE choose to do that hollywood pops out.

do you think when 100? (insert a smaller or larger number if you wish) American's lose their lives at a movie theatre, that people will demand the Presidents and members of the intelligences communities heads, or will they shrug it off as a terrible tragedy? Attribute it to 'we made a stand".

Shit happens in todays world. Creepies are crawling everywhere, wanting to do harm. Or threatening to. Or actually doing it. The day we stop watching movies because some asshole says not to watch OR ELSE and we do as they demand, is the day we may as well surrender to the world and be their lackeys. So in answer to the question..we stood our ground to do what we have always done. Go see movies for entertainment. Period. The president has nothing to do with what WE choose to do that hollywood pops out.
so you're ok with a loss of life when it knowingly could have been avoided? (Again this is only under the hypothetical that intelligence knew of a real and credible threat)

so you're ok with a loss of life when it knowingly could have been avoided? (Again this is only under the hypothetical that intelligence knew of a real and credible threat)
No, I am not ok with the loss of life, but I am ok with people being free to do what they wish to do and not be dictated to by some other country. Are YOU ok with goosestepping to some demand to NOT do what americans do because you were told to by a dictator or terrorist?

I just don't see how you can take any position on anything based on, "well what if we do X and it goes wrong?" If we took that approach to everything we'd still be living in trees.

I'm totally with Gracie here. When some outside entity tells me to jump, asking "how high?" is the last answer I'll give them.

I don't care for Seth Rogan. But if that stupid movie plays in our town...I might go see it. I hate movie theaters but I hate being told what to do more.

We opened the proverbial barn door with stuxnet. And, wack jobs like kim jong un reap the results. One day, the real blowback will be shut down of the power grid, power to Hospitals, you name it. For days or weeks or even months. And Iran is still going to get nukes.

Forum List

Back