Sorry, Left-Wingers, But Governors CAN Turn away "Refugees"

Are you trying to claim that the Refugee Act is unconstitutional? I don't think I'm understanding your point.

Where does the Constitution grant authority to the federal government to bring in refugees of any kind?

The Constitution does so by giving Congress the power to create laws of naturalization, which they did - specifically, the Refugee Act of 1980.

We've been over this before. How many times would you like to run around in circles about it this time?

"Naturalization" is the process of becoming a citizen, not the process of admitting refugees.

So you are trying to argue that the Refugee Act is unconstitutional.

Take it up with the last 150 years of legal precedent.

The refugee act has only been around since 1948.

Actually, the Refugee Act has only been around since 1980. Prior to that, the acceptance of refugees was governed by international treaty.

So, just playing devil's advocate here but, how does accepting refugees violate the Constitution?

Federal government DOES NOT HAVE THE CONSTITUTIONAL POWER to FORCE immigrants on states....States rights!...BUT the piece of shit in the White House will TRY administratively to do so.... Simply have the State Police intercept the INVADERS at the state line!

What law gives states the right to deny access to the state based on religion or national origin?
The Supreme Court claimed the Constitution allowed FDR to round up American citizens based on national origin and place them in concentration camps.

That can be enacted by a president during times of war. States ain't the president.

Federal government DOES NOT HAVE THE CONSTITUTIONAL POWER to FORCE immigrants on states

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4 says that Congress has the power

"To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States"

In 1980, Congress, exercised that power to do so with the Refugee Act of 1980. So the Federal Government does have the power to accept refugees, and the states cannot invoke the 10th Amendment to deny these refugees, as the constitution clearly delegates that power to Congress, not the states.

Naturalization is one thing, refugees are another.

By making the refugees citizens, you are naturalizing them.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Federal government DOES NOT HAVE THE CONSTITUTIONAL POWER to FORCE immigrants on states

"To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States"

In 1980, Congress, exercised that power to do so with the Refugee Act of 1980. So the Federal Government does have the power to accept refugees, and the states cannot invoke the 10th Amendment to deny these refugees, as the constitution clearly delegates that power to Congress, not the states.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Refugees don't automatically become citizens. They can't even apply for citizenship until they've lived here for 5 years or more.

But the term "naturalization" in the Constitution is understood to refer to laws regarding immigration in general.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Refugees don't automatically become citizens. They can't even apply for citizenship until they've lived here for 5 years or more.

But the term "naturalization" in the Constitution is understood to refer to laws regarding immigration in general.
So I stand corrected.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sure there might be a rout for them to become citizens, but just accepting refugees doesn't grant citizenship.

Fortunately O'Bumble is too stupid to realize that the question of dumping His terrorist Muslim buddies is not a constitutional one; it's a political one. But maybe He'd rather have a decade of killings and bombings as His legacy rather than the race war which is what He's stuck with just now.

HistOpinTweet.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
Not Our Problem GOP
Not Our Problem GOP ....Not Our Problem GOP .....why should I mess up "my beautiful mind"

Short sighted. It's the radicals causing that bullshit. Bringing the terrorists in disguised as refugees will only cause more of the same. If Muslims are so peaceful, then why are they so dead set against helping the refugees? The Muslim countries are the ones turning them away and it makes no sense to bring them all the way over here. Think about it.

Fuck that Muslim President, and his TERRORIST HOARDS that he wants to infiltrate this country!

Secretary of State John Kerry stated that the United States was prepared to boost the number of total refugees accepted in 2016, from 70,000 to 85,000. Then, in 2017, Kerry said that 100,000 would be accepted.

Canada Free Press ^

Something amazing seems to be in the process of happening,a majority of the governors of our states appear to be finding the courage to stand up to the federal government and Obama's plan to resettle terrorists disguised as "refugees" all across the country. For decades, state governments have been so cowed by the federal government that time and time again, they acquiesce to any and all unconstitutional actions forced upon them by the federal government, no matter how excessive or ridiculous. However, the remarkably stupid decision by the Obama administration to proceed with its Syrian "refugee" resettlement plans, even in light of last weekend's terrorist attack in Paris, has finally forced the hand of conscientious governors who have been tasked with the duty to protect and do what is best for the citizens of their respective states. As of this writing, the governors of 27 states have stood up and said, "No more" to this Trojan horse assault on American safety.

Make no mistake,these "refugees" are not victims, seeking safety and freedom from oppression. They have been termed "refugees" by sympathetic media so as to cast them in a favorable light, but the actual facts say otherwise. Just look to the European experience so far. The vast majority of these "refugees" are military aged males, rather than women and children (who are typically the majority that are displaced in warzones). They have come into their host countries, defaced churches, destroyed property, committed a tremendous number of rapes and assaults, and publicly declared themselves to be "replacing" the native European populations and taking over Europe as a new "caliphate." These people are not refugees, they are invaders, plain and simple. ISIS has bragged about infiltrating personnel into Europe,how do you think they did this? We see the answer in the fact that two of the Paris attackers (claimed by ISIS) had passports given to them when they were processed through Greece as "Syrian refugees." There is no reason,none whatsoever,to think that the same things wouldn't happen here once we have large numbers of these "refugees" settled in our cities.

Edited to comply with copyright rules.
I remember worrying and wondering why bush was letting so many Muslims in after 9-11 and the Iraq war.

I knew sleeper cells were slipping in.

And if I knew it so did bush and so did you.

I agree with you. So why do bush and Obama disagree with us?

So, just playing devil's advocate here but, how does accepting refugees violate the Constitution?

Federal government DOES NOT HAVE THE CONSTITUTIONAL POWER to FORCE immigrants on states....States rights!...BUT the piece of shit in the White House will TRY administratively to do so.... Simply have the State Police intercept the INVADERS at the state line!

What law gives states the right to deny access to the state based on religion or national origin?

Security and safety of it's citizens.

Security and safety of it's citizens.

Is that the name of the law? When was it passed?

Well YOU ARE NOW seeing how Obama planned to Transform your country and he is doing right in front of your eyes and using your money to do it.

you voted for Obama, you voted to cut your own throat. I hope it doesn't hurt real bad or end up getting you killed. I never thought I'd live to see a Traitor in the office of our President.

I'm glad to see this happen. I hope Obama takes the governors to court over this. Hillary has already stated on national tv that she wants to have 65,000 or maybe more brought in. Trump wants to close some mosques. Trump will beat Hillary by a landslide if Obama and the Democrats push this one off on the American people.

Forum List

Back