Sorry, Left-Wingers, But Governors CAN Turn away "Refugees"

These Syrians can't even be VETTED as to who they are... It's simply the Manchurian muslim FORCING his will on America! NOTHING CONSTITUTIONAL about that!

Once a refugee is accepted, they become a legal permanent resident of the United States.

What is it that you believe Governors can do to them via "law enforcement"?

Simple, only the governors can enforce the laws of their respective states. Congress enforces no laws. Congress makes policies upon which refugees can be accepted, that is all.

You said that already. I'm asking for specifics. What is it that you see happening?

I already said. When a refugee steps off the military base, state police arrests him.

On what charge?

Whatever charge they dream up. The refugee is not a citizen.

Doesn't matter. You're an idiot.

Simple, only the governors can enforce the laws of their respective states. Congress enforces no laws. Congress makes policies upon which refugees can be accepted, that is all.

You said that already. I'm asking for specifics. What is it that you see happening?

I already said. When a refugee steps off the military base, state police arrests him.

On what charge?

Refugee status is used to bring INVADERS into the country, people that have NOTHING to do with assimilation to America, or our culture.... send them to muslim countries that they have similarities with!

b2ae4d0eda2a14067b7495c210c3e282.jpg

Are you unaware that the Bill of Rights applies to refugees, as does the rest of our criminal justice system?

On what charge?

Are you unaware that the Bill of Rights applies to refugees, as does the rest of our criminal justice system?
Refugee status is used to bring INVADERS into the country, people that have NOTHING to do with assimilation to America, or our culture.... send them to muslim countries that they have similarities with!

b2ae4d0eda2a14067b7495c210c3e282.jpg

Federal government DOES NOT HAVE THE CONSTITUTIONAL POWER to FORCE immigrants on states

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4 says that Congress has the power

"To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States"

In 1980, Congress, exercised that power to do so with the Refugee Act of 1980. So the Federal Government does have the power to accept refugees, and the states cannot invoke the 10th Amendment to deny these refugees, as the constitution clearly delegates that power to Congress, not the states.

Read it carefully. The Congress can set the guidelines for accepting a refugee - it cannot enforce any law upon the states. Law enforcement is left to the governors of the states.

So, what of the supremacy clause?

Nope, it's Fed thing.

That is true, but the states can deny services, which can make life extremely difficult.

That said, if more than half the states band together and say "No" and refuse to comply, there is little Obama can do other than take them to court.

And the COURT has no way of empowering their decision...except for the executive...and with this feckless piece of shit having just over a year to be president, STATES can effectively TIE IT UP IN COURT until a President Trump effectively KILLS it!

Do you think since 30 governors already refuse to accept them, that those STATE SENATORS would go against the POLITICAL PRESSURE of the PEOPLE, or as usual, with feckless politicians, they will RUN WITH THE VOTING PUBLIC?

Normally, I agree with conservatives more than I do liberals on this board, but I do have my limits.

The law is the law. The talking points don't change that. The constant theme of mainstream conservatism is Constitutional and legal fidelity, but what I'm seeing is how this suddenly doesn't apply when a refugee crisis occurs. I agree that there needs to be a better vetting process, but:

8 US Code §1157(b)

"If the President determines, after appropriate consultation, that (1) an unforeseen emergency refugee situation exists, (2) the admission of certain refugees in response to the emergency refugee situation is justified by grave humanitarian concerns or is otherwise in the national interest, and (3) the admission to the United States of these refugees cannot be accomplished under subsection (a) of this section, the President may fix a number of refugees to be admitted to the United States during the succeeding period (not to exceed twelve months) in response to the emergency refugee situation and such admissions shall be allocated among refugees of special humanitarian concern to the United States in accordance with a determination made by the President after the appropriate consultation provided under this subsection."

Nope, it's Fed thing.

That is true, but the states can deny services, which can make life extremely difficult.

That said, if more than half the states band together and say "No" and refuse to comply, there is little Obama can do other than take them to court.

Refugee services are provided by NGOs, not by the states.

Nope, it's Fed thing.

Driver's licenses. Right off the top.

Nope, it's Fed thing.

Do you really think that a state would be able to deny a legal resident a driver's license just out of spite?

Do you think since 30 governors already refuse to accept them, that those STATE SENATORS would go against the POLITICAL PRESSURE of the PEOPLE, or as usual, with feckless politicians, they will RUN WITH THE VOTING PUBLIC?

Normally, I agree with conservatives more than I do liberals on this board, but I do have my limits.

The law is the law. The talking points don't change that. The constant theme of mainstream conservatism is Constitutional and legal fidelity, but what I'm seeing is how this suddenly doesn't apply when a refugee crisis occurs. I agree that there needs to be a better vetting process, but:

8 US Code §1157(b)

"If the President determines, after appropriate consultation, that (1) an unforeseen emergency refugee situation exists, (2) the admission of certain refugees in response to the emergency refugee situation is justified by grave humanitarian concerns or is otherwise in the national interest, and (3) the admission to the United States of these refugees cannot be accomplished under subsection (a) of this section, the President may fix a number of refugees to be admitted to the United States during the succeeding period (not to exceed twelve months) in response to the emergency refugee situation and such admissions shall be allocated among refugees of special humanitarian concern to the United States in accordance with a determination made by the President after the appropriate consultation provided under this subsection."
Now it comes down to are they refugees, or are they an INVADING ARMY, ESPECIALLY since over 95% of them are YOUNG MEN with no women or children, and over 95% of them are Muslim, with NO OTHER religions represented. Just, as previously stated, tie it up in court, and have them housed of FEDERAL LAND until resolved! As they did with many illegal Latin American children, that are still being held in Federal facilities!

Nope, it's Fed thing.

In FEDERAL facilities!

Nope, it's Fed thing.

Do you really think that a state would be able to deny a legal resident a driver's license just out of spite?

Courts, bud. Those who stand up can tie things up for a long time.

Here's a quick few more -

state provided refugee services - Yahoo Search Results

I will also add that in 1157(e) that Governors are not one of the parties listed in the "appropriate consultation" clause

(e)“Appropriate consultation” defined -- For purposes of this section, the term “appropriate consultation” means, with respect to the admission of refugees and allocation of refugee admissions, discussions in person by designated Cabinet-level representatives of the President with members of the Committees on the Judiciary of the Senate and of the House of Representatives to review the refugee situation or emergency refugee situation, to project the extent of possible participation of the United States therein, to discuss the reasons for believing that the proposed admission of refugees is justified by humanitarian concerns or grave humanitarian concerns or is otherwise in the national interest, and to provide such members with the following information:

(1) A description of the nature of the refugee situation.

(2) A description of the number and allocation of the refugees to be admitted and an analysis of conditions within the countries from which they came.

(3) A description of the proposed plans for their movement and resettlement and the estimated cost of their movement and resettlement.

(4) An analysis of the anticipated social, economic, and demographic impact of their admission to the United States.

(5) A description of the extent to which other countries will admit and assist in the resettlement of such refugees.

(6) An analysis of the impact of the participation of the United States in the resettlement of such refugees on the foreign policy interests of the United States.

(7) Such additional information as may be appropriate or requested by such members.

To the extent possible, information described in this subsection shall be provided at least two weeks in advance of discussions in person by designated representatives of the President with such members.

"Fuck that Muslim President, and his TERRORIST HOARDS that he wants to infiltrate this country!"

lol

You can't be serious.

Nope, it's Fed thing.

In FEDERAL facilities!

Let them gloat, spin, laugh, or whatever Vigilante. It is their political funerals by every poll. We want to save the country, they want to impose their political will. If they screw up in the process, and America says oh no you don't, it is not our fault, it is theirs.

I shall put dandelions on their political graves, that is all they deserve.

Let's really piss off the subversive leftists....

• The Left's Twisted Teaching on Immigration Law and the Constitution
    Rush Limbaugh.com ^ | November 17, 2015 | Rush Limbaugh
    BEGIN TRANSCRIPT RUSH: The argument raging is what to do with these refugees. And the left just seems as eager as they can be, in utter defiance of common sense. They say it is the maximum expression of the American experiment. And what do they say the American experiment is? "The American experiment is the only experiment..." This is the way they describe the founding of the country, by the way. As it suits their purposes. "Here we have this lone experiment in the world of human freedom -- and, as such, we must be open to one and all,...

Forum List

Back