SOURCE: Shutdown Agreement Reached, Announcement Set for 1PM

The government is open for three weeks and at the end of that time, they will probably have nothing but another CR to vote through. I don't call that "winning." And the Pres will take the national emergency route and get his wall anyway.

I think it's exceptionally unlikely that Trump ever gets an actual wall built by calling a national emergency. I'm not saying he won't try it, although you can argue that if he were confident that it would work he would have done it already. Who knows how a court case involving that declaration would go, but it's a certainty that there would be one and that there would be an injunction preventing any building until it was decided.
I looked a little bit into this national emergency thing--it's complicated because he needs to cite and go by existing statutes in order to do anything, and I did NOT look at those statutes he needs to rely on. That's for the likes of you to figure out; Statutese is pretty much indecipherable to me.

I realize there will be a challenge if he tries to use a national emergency to build walls. It reminds me of the three travel ban attempts. Tied up in court for months and months, some injunctions.

All in all, I hope they come to a mutually satisfactory compromise.

the Great Douche been spewing for a wall for 24 months plus.

Why was it not called a national emergency in 2017? When it controlled all three branches.

I wonder if Hannity is foaming right now to his DOPer morons?

Well, let us see.

upload_2019-1-25_16-12-9.png

More misleading lies by Sean

WINNER Mrs. Wall!

upload_2019-1-25_16-15-53.png

upload_2019-1-25_16-18-50.png

Last edited:
What i
Bad poll numbers, airport problems and workers who don't want to work for free have forced Trump to concede to Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi:
Trump to speak after tentative deal to end shutdown is reached
What is the deal?

There really isn't a "deal". Trump just re-opened the government so the Democrats will negotiate with him. Trump got nothing in return.

Like I said. When you walk out of the negotiating session, and the other side doesn't say "Wait", you're toast. You can't go back and make any more demands. Every move that YOU make after walking out of that meeting, is a capitulation.

Worst negotiator ever!!

What he gets is ammunition in 3 weeks when the Dems don't budge on their position. Pelosi is on record of saying she would negotiate if he re-opened the government, now she has to deliver.

Ball in her court now.
You underestimate how pathetic the left is. She could spread her cheeks and squeeze out a mud monkey on the constitution and her retards would cheer.

They don't give a shit what she promises. Just the same they don't give a shit about the poor, or minorities or anything they claim.

They are just useful idiots all just under the spell of group think and that is all. Not complicated to define.

Impossible to debate. In fact it is totally useless to debate such double talking cocksuckers.

They are all fucking losers.

Aside from name calling, you entire post screams "Butthurt snowflake".

Pelosi is twice the man that Trump is.

Trump did the right thing. The wrong people were suffering during all of this.

He has now put the ball in the court of the Dems.

Shutdowns are a terrible waste of money, anyone that does not like to see their tax dollars wasted should be happy....guess we know where you stand on that

Who deserves to be suffering according to you? The ball is sitting right where it's always been and won't be moved just because Trump's threatening to allow gov't to shut down again in 3 weeks! If a plane collided during this mess, he would certainly be blamed; hence this huge cave to Pelosi who will continue to b!tch slap this a-hole! He doesn't have a leg to stand on going against her! He could get away with murder with Ryan at the helm of Congress, but she doesn't play and has an iron grip on her Democratic members! "Good luck in 3 weeks Fed workers!" :102:
The President's plan is to declare a national emergency in three weeks, not shut down the government again.
He is going to also enact The Draft and have DemNazi Libtards build the Wall for him. Nancy Pelosi will be the first one drafted in to the new "Wall Force."
Oh. You're laughing at him. You think he will change his mind, huh?

I love the people here who:

1) Think that there will be a wall.
2) Think Trump outsmarted Pelosi
3) Think Trump knows what he’s doing.
and the people who can only see trump in a negative light are fucking annoying as hell.

Nancy Pelosi has Trump quaking in his boots.

Having said that I am glad Trump gave in and took the appropriate action. He started this problem and at lease he was man enough to end it....for now.
He is watching himself get hammered on Fox right now
It will not work out well

You see what these pathetic MONKEES are? They yell that Trump caused the shutdown, blame him for the poor people not getting paid, then laugh when he opens it up so those poor people get paid.

Piss on a liberal's grave. That is all they are worth.

I can not disagree with you on this. For whatever reason he might have had, Trump did the right thing. The Dems should be happy, but instead they use it to attack even more...and then people wonder why our country is going down the shitter.
We don’t wonder! The country is going down the shitter because of democrats! Need evidence? Look at their states and cities!
Yea...I'm getting out of the hellhole of New York with it's great education and culture and health care and jumping on a plane...to Alabama

Try Mississippi or Louisiana, now that is culture bigly.

wrong buffalo breath ... better do your homework on this one.

Between you and I, I'm likely the only one who is looking at the actual discrepancy in power with regard the root issue.

You, on the other hand, are just reciting some dumbed down, irrelevant, back assward narrative you heard on your television which has nothing to do with the actual conundrum at hand.

What youl;re doing is asking who's job is it to wash and wax the broken down car when what you should be asking is how the motor got blown and whose job it is to fix it.

But, I've not been around in a while. I'm hungry to feed on one of you big government losers In front of all of your friends, go ahead and make your case. Tell us what you have been told is the actual conundrum here.

Trump can claim national emergency until he is green -

Potential arguments that would rise are whether the border wall is necessary to support the armed forces already deployed at the border, whether the construction has the appropriate approval, and whether the reallocation of funds is justified. Also a matter of debate is who would have legal standing to challenge the president’s declaration.

all to be decided by the SC ....

next contestant ...
I'm not sure it will be that open and shut.

National Emergencies Act, Sections 201 and 301
Fact Sheet
Overview

The National Emergencies Act (NEA) authorizes the president to declare a “national emergency.”1 A declaration under NEA triggers emergency authorities contained in other federal statutes. Past NEA declarations have addressed, among other things, the imposition of export controls and limitations on transactions and property from specified nations.2 A national emergency was declared in 2001 after the September 11th terrorist attacks and has been renewed every year since then. (Download a printable PDF.)

What the Law Does

The NEA authorizes the president to declare a national emergency, which declaration activates emergency powers contained in other federal statutes.3During the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic, the president’s declaration of a national emergency under the NEA, coupled with the HHS secretary’s prior determination of a public health emergency under Section 319 of the Public Health Service Act (PHSA), permitted the activation of Social Security Act (SSA) Section 1135 waiver authorities. (See Figure A for the text of the 2009 H1N1 NEA declaration.)

How the Law Works
The NEA does not provide any specific emergency authority on its own, but relies on emergency authorities provided in other statutes. A national emergency declaration allows for the activation of these other statutory authorities. Emergency statutory provisions are not activated automatically, however; they must be specifically identified in the president’s declaration before these authorities may be given effect.

Declaration
NEA Section 201 authorizes the president to declare a national emergency. The proclamation of a national emergency must be immediately transmitted to Congress and published in the Federal Register.1,2 Under NEA Section 301, statutory emergency authorities enabled by the national emergency declaration cannot be exercised until the president specifies the provisions of law under which the president or other officials will act. Such specification may be made either in the declaration or in subsequent Executive Orders published in theFederal Register and transmitted to Congress.

Termination
A national emergency can be terminated if the president issues a proclamation or if Congress enacts a joint resolution terminating the emergency. A national emergency will terminate automatically upon the anniversary of the proclamation unless the president renews the proclamation by transmitting notice to Congress within a 90-day period prior to the anniversary date and publishing it in the Federal Register.

National Emergencies Act, Sections 201 and 301 Fact Sheet | State Public Health | ASTHO

Well at least going forward, we all have learned a very valuable lesson. We all now know for certain that we have millions of Americans (Dimocrats) who do not have any intentions of lifting a finger to doing anything whatsoever about illegal immigration. In fact, they want it.
It's not about a fucking wall, because no matter what efforts were tried, they would be against it. PERIOD !

Dimocrats have more and more made it very clear that they see no difference whatsoever between an American citizen, and an illegal.

Going forward, if you continue to vote for a Dim at any level, you are voting for more and more waves of illegals waltzing right in.
Dems didn’t run on building a wall and making Mexico pay for it

They see no reason to throw Trump a life line

Thanks for admitting the Dims put beating Trump ahead of saving their country.
I think you're wrong though. I think you're party genuinely does not want secured borders, and believes in letting anyone in that wants to come here.
Your party knows the fastest way to turn America into a nanny-state, is to let the third-world in since they come in with their palms out.
Save the country from what?
Illegal immigration is on the decline

PH_2018.11.27_Unauthorized-Immigration-Estimates_1-01.png

The President's plan is to declare a national emergency in three weeks, not shut down the government again.

where did this come from?

And i keep reading about this 'smart wall'>>>>

Democrats Reportedly Plan to Offer Trump Billions for So-Called Smart Wall

wuts the 411? Is this the 'deal'....?

~S~
He said in his announcement this afternoon that if at the end of the three weeks, the committee they are forming has not come to an agreement, he will declare a national emergency.

I stated it before and I'll state it again, Speaker Nancy Pelosi will BREAK Donald!! And she did.
Won't be the last time either.
He's going to learn.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

We elected the greatest Dealmaker if all time
Someone who would show DC how things are done in the business world

Trump came off like an inept little boy as Pelosi showed him the ropes

You keep posting like the game is over?! It is not Game-Set-Match. Nothing has been decided yet, except that the workers can get paid. The game goes on for at least 2-years, and probably 6-more after Trump wins in 2020. Any bets on how much legislation Nancy and her Animal House gets passed?

Nancy is not looking to pass legislation while Trump is President

In terms of the wall..... Game, Set, Match

Gridlock is usually a good thing. So I'm okay with the status quo if you are.
However, the wall is NOT over just yet. Trump has the National Emergency card to play. After that, if needed, I'm sure there are other way he can fund and build the wall.
1. Take some funding from Foreign Aid
2. Take some funding from Tariffs
3. Take some money from Defense
4. Take some funding from disaster relief
5. Other funding sources
I'll let you know when it's Game-Set-Match

immigrants make up 10% of California's workforce & contribute 13 billion$ to the GDP. they own small businesses, they till the land, they serve in the military. these actions are not only cruel if they were imposed, they hurt our economy & public safety

Bad poll numbers, airport problems and workers who don't want to work for free have forced Trump to concede to Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi:
Trump to speak after tentative deal to end shutdown is reached

From what I see it's a 3 week continuance.

Let's see if the Dems will actually negotiate now, or will they just keep demanding their way or the highway.
Do you think that the Republicans will finally get their act together and sign a bill to build that damn wall?!?!??

Well at least going forward, we all have learned a very valuable lesson. We all now know for certain that we have millions of Americans (Dimocrats) who do not have any intentions of lifting a finger to doing anything whatsoever about illegal immigration. In fact, they want it.
It's not about a fucking wall, because no matter what efforts were tried, they would be against it. PERIOD !

Dimocrats have more and more made it very clear that they see no difference whatsoever between an American citizen, and an illegal.

Going forward, if you continue to vote for a Dim at any level, you are voting for more and more waves of illegals waltzing right in.
Dems didn’t run on building a wall and making Mexico pay for it

They see no reason to throw Trump a life line

Thanks for admitting the Dims put beating Trump ahead of saving their country.
I think you're wrong though. I think you're party genuinely does not want secured borders, and believes in letting anyone in that wants to come here.
Your party knows the fastest way to turn America into a nanny-state, is to let the third-world in since they come in with their palms out.
Save the country from what?
Illegal immigration is on the decline

Your graph is incorrect and misleading. Border crossings are increasing in FY2018 & FY2019

Southwest Border Migration FY 2019 | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

SWB%20FY19TD_NOV%20Graphic%20002.jpg

Last edited:
So what you are saying is Pelosi doesn't care about border security or Federal Workers.

And now she has 3 weeks to put up or shut up before The President declares a National Emergency.

No, now President Trump has acknowledged that Nancy Pelosi has removed his balls and is now carrying them in her purse, the wall issue will quietly die so Trump doesn't endure the further public humiliation of having him remove them and show them to the American public AGAIN, since she's done so twice just this weeks.

Name one thing that Nancy will get passed. You can't because everything that Animal House passes is DOA either in the Senate or Trump's veto. I was always a fan of gridlock, especially when dems are involved. Don't forget, she has been showing signs of TIA, so lets see how the pressure of getting nothing done wears on her and the rest of the Animal House.
She doesn’t have to get things done
It is Trump facing impeachment and up for election
How is that wall coming?
What did you have to give to get it?

Impeachment isn't a problem with a GOP Senate, 67 Votes is not going to happen.
Re-election isn't a worry either. The dems don't have a candidate worth voting for.
The wall is still in contention, whether the dems play nice and fund it (doubtful), or Trump goes the national emergency route (probable)is being decided. Maybe if RBG gets replaced by Amy Coney Barrett the emergency wall would be a no-brainer.

They didn’t have enough Republican votes to impeach Nixon either....until the report came out and Nixon took the easy out....So will Trump

Got Stone today

Unlimited National Emergency powers for a President is something even Republicans don’t want

I love the people here who:

1) Think that there will be a wall.
2) Think Trump outsmarted Pelosi
3) Think Trump knows what he’s doing.
and the people who can only see trump in a negative light are fucking annoying as hell.

Dude. There is nothing positive about the guy. He’s the worst human being to ever hold that office. Zero redeeming qualities.

Normally, saying things like this would be considered opinion. But in this case, there is no argument. He’s a terrible human.

I guess dobald cared more about workers being out of money than nancy..

Forum List

Back