SOURCE: Shutdown Agreement Reached, Announcement Set for 1PM

You see what these pathetic MONKEES are? They yell that Trump caused the shutdown, blame him for the poor people not getting paid, then laugh when he opens it up so those poor people get paid.

Piss on a liberal's grave. That is all they are worth.

I can not disagree with you on this. For whatever reason he might have had, Trump did the right thing. The Dems should be happy, but instead they use it to attack even more...and then people wonder why our country is going down the shitter.
We don’t wonder! The country is going down the shitter because of democrats! Need evidence? Look at their states and cities!
Yea...I'm getting out of the hellhole of New York with it's great education and culture and health care and jumping on a plane...to Alabama

Try Mississippi or Louisiana, now that is culture bigly.
Nawlins is the bomb. I could do Baton Rouge but my wife ... not.

Jackson Miss was ok, but the past 20 years have not been kind. The Gulf Coast is not a bad place after the post-karina rebuild.

I don't know of many good places in Ala. Huntsville, Muscle Shoals ..... I could do Point Clear, but my wife .. not

I wish you people would shut up about who "won." NO ONE "WON." Now, maybe they will buckle down and try doing their jobs. It is not supposed to be about winning; it is supposed to be about sanely solving problems. The problems are real. Let's try acting like they matter instead of doing nothing but focusing on the tug of war.

These are the six cock suckers that voted against Trump. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT)
Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME)
Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO)
Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA)
Sen. Lisa Murkowksi (R-AK)

Nancy Pelosi has Trump quaking in his boots.

Having said that I am glad Trump gave in and took the appropriate action. He started this problem and at lease he was man enough to end it....for now.
He is watching himself get hammered on Fox right now
It will not work out well
If I were Trump, I would do the unexpected and give the middle finger to Coulter, Hannity and Limbaugh. I would say the action he took was to get the nation back on track and he was declaring his independence from those and other right-wing morons. His poll numbers would soar.

We elected the greatest Dealmaker if all time
Someone who would show DC how things are done in the business world

Trump came off like an inept little boy as Pelosi showed him the ropes

You keep posting like the game is over?! It is not Game-Set-Match. Nothing has been decided yet, except that the workers can get paid. The game goes on for at least 2-years, and probably 6-more after Trump wins in 2020. Any bets on how much legislation Nancy and her Animal House gets passed?

Nancy is not looking to pass legislation while Trump is President

In terms of the wall..... Game, Set, Match

Gridlock is usually a good thing. So I'm okay with the status quo if you are.
However, the wall is NOT over just yet. Trump has the National Emergency card to play. After that, if needed, I'm sure there are other way he can fund and build the wall.
1. Take some funding from Foreign Aid
2. Take some funding from Tariffs
3. Take some money from Defense
4. Take some funding from disaster relief
5. Other funding sources
I'll let you know when it's Game-Set-Match
The House is NOT authorizing money for a wall across Texas. And Trump doesn't have 60 votes in the Senate.

Politically he may have no option but to declare some bogus emergency and hope his base buy the shit.

wrong buffalo breath ... better do your homework on this one.

Between you and I, I'm likely the only one who is looking at the actual discrepancy in power with regard the root issue.

You, on the other hand, are just reciting some dumbed down, irrelevant, back assward narrative you heard on your television which has nothing to do with the actual conundrum at hand.

What youl;re doing is asking who's job is it to wash and wax the broken down car when what you should be asking is how the motor got blown and whose job it is to fix it.

But, I've not been around in a while. I'm hungry to feed on one of you big government losers In front of all of your friends, go ahead and make your case. Tell us what you have been told is the actual conundrum here.

Trump can claim national emergency until he is green -

Potential arguments that would rise are whether the border wall is necessary to support the armed forces already deployed at the border, whether the construction has the appropriate approval, and whether the reallocation of funds is justified. Also a matter of debate is who would have legal standing to challenge the president’s declaration.

all to be decided by the SC ....

next contestant ...
I'm not sure it will be that open and shut.

National Emergencies Act, Sections 201 and 301
Fact Sheet
Overview

The National Emergencies Act (NEA) authorizes the president to declare a “national emergency.”1 A declaration under NEA triggers emergency authorities contained in other federal statutes. Past NEA declarations have addressed, among other things, the imposition of export controls and limitations on transactions and property from specified nations.2 A national emergency was declared in 2001 after the September 11th terrorist attacks and has been renewed every year since then. (Download a printable PDF.)

What the Law Does

The NEA authorizes the president to declare a national emergency, which declaration activates emergency powers contained in other federal statutes.3During the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic, the president’s declaration of a national emergency under the NEA, coupled with the HHS secretary’s prior determination of a public health emergency under Section 319 of the Public Health Service Act (PHSA), permitted the activation of Social Security Act (SSA) Section 1135 waiver authorities. (See Figure A for the text of the 2009 H1N1 NEA declaration.)

How the Law Works
The NEA does not provide any specific emergency authority on its own, but relies on emergency authorities provided in other statutes. A national emergency declaration allows for the activation of these other statutory authorities. Emergency statutory provisions are not activated automatically, however; they must be specifically identified in the president’s declaration before these authorities may be given effect.

Declaration
NEA Section 201 authorizes the president to declare a national emergency. The proclamation of a national emergency must be immediately transmitted to Congress and published in the Federal Register.1,2 Under NEA Section 301, statutory emergency authorities enabled by the national emergency declaration cannot be exercised until the president specifies the provisions of law under which the president or other officials will act. Such specification may be made either in the declaration or in subsequent Executive Orders published in theFederal Register and transmitted to Congress.

Termination
A national emergency can be terminated if the president issues a proclamation or if Congress enacts a joint resolution terminating the emergency. A national emergency will terminate automatically upon the anniversary of the proclamation unless the president renews the proclamation by transmitting notice to Congress within a 90-day period prior to the anniversary date and publishing it in the Federal Register.

National Emergencies Act, Sections 201 and 301 Fact Sheet | State Public Health | ASTHO

If Truman couldnt declare a national emergency during a war, Trump is toast with his wall rhetoric.

Last edited:
I guess dobald cared more about workers being out of money than nancy..

That makes no sense. Rump thought it was a non-issue because you can "work around" with your grocery and "local milk people".

I know I do, whenever I'm at the local grocery people and short on cash, or they charge a higher price than I want, I just "work it out". Doesn't everybody?

... voted against Trump. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT)
Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO)

Sad that only 6 put country and the federal employees whose paychecks were being held hostage over party.
.>>>>

Bad poll numbers, airport problems and workers who don't want to work for free have forced Trump to concede to Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi:
Trump to speak after tentative deal to end shutdown is reached
I stated it before and I'll state it again, Speaker Nancy Pelosi will BREAK Donald Trump!! And she did.
I laughed when I read those right-wing posts putting down Pelosi. Those morons completely underestimated her. Trump is nowhere, not remotely, in Pelosi's league politically, intellectually, or in terms of mental toughness.

These are the six cock suckers that voted against Trump. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT)
Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO)
God bless these #CountryFirst patriots.

The President's plan is to declare a national emergency in three weeks, not shut down the government again.

where did this come from?

And i keep reading about this 'smart wall'>>>>

Democrats Reportedly Plan to Offer Trump Billions for So-Called Smart Wall

wuts the 411? Is this the 'deal'....?

~S~
He said in his announcement this afternoon that if at the end of the three weeks, the committee they are forming has not come to an agreement, he will declare a national emergency.

Well it would seem Trump did not understand ultimatums don't work for his the first time , so it's illogical of him to assume it will a 2nd time

~S~

We elected the greatest Dealmaker if all time
Someone who would show DC how things are done in the business world

Trump came off like an inept little boy as Pelosi showed him the ropes

You keep posting like the game is over?! It is not Game-Set-Match. Nothing has been decided yet, except that the workers can get paid. The game goes on for at least 2-years, and probably 6-more after Trump wins in 2020. Any bets on how much legislation Nancy and her Animal House gets passed?

Nancy is not looking to pass legislation while Trump is President

In terms of the wall..... Game, Set, Match

Gridlock is usually a good thing. So I'm okay with the status quo if you are.
However, the wall is NOT over just yet. Trump has the National Emergency card to play. After that, if needed, I'm sure there are other way he can fund and build the wall.
1. Take some funding from Foreign Aid
2. Take some funding from Tariffs
3. Take some money from Defense
4. Take some funding from disaster relief
5. Other funding sources
I'll let you know when it's Game-Set-Match

He can’t use that funding

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO)

Once AGAIN --- and this still hasn't changed as long as there has been a United States --- a Congresscritter's job is NOT to represent a political party; it is to represent their constituents.

Take Isakson. His state is about to host the Super Bowl, with one of the busiest airports in the world, staffed by ATCs charged with keeping all those planes from crashing into each other, who haven't been paid in a month.

Who will be the "cocksucker" when one of those ATCs who's driving for Über to pay the bills, doesn't react quick enough because he's fatigued from putting food on the table?

Here's the short version of this post:

"Fuck you".

Nancy Pelosi has Trump quaking in his boots.

Having said that I am glad Trump gave in and took the appropriate action. He started this problem and at lease he was man enough to end it....for now.
He is watching himself get hammered on Fox right now
It will not work out well
If I were Trump, I would do the unexpected and give the middle finger to Coulter, Hannity and Limbaugh. I would say the action he took was to get the nation back on track and he was declaring his independence from those and other right-wing morons. His poll numbers would soar.
Trump would have done better shutting down the Right Wing media than shutting down the government

I wish you people would shut up about who "won." NO ONE "WON." Now, maybe they will buckle down and try doing their jobs. It is not supposed to be about winning; it is supposed to be about sanely solving problems. The problems are real. Let's try acting like they matter instead of doing nothing but focusing on the tug of war.
Coulter called him the biggest wimp ever

Bad poll numbers, airport problems and workers who don't want to work for free have forced Trump to concede to Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi:
Trump to speak after tentative deal to end shutdown is reached
I stated it before and I'll state it again, Speaker Nancy Pelosi will BREAK Donald Trump!! And she did.
I laughed when I read those right-wing posts putting down Pelosi. Those morons completely underestimated her. Trump is nowhere, not remotely, in Pelosi's league politically, intellectually.or in terms of mental toughness.
There are major differences in them. She works for the illegals, he works for Americans, he cares about the Angel moms, she will not even look at them. She gave Obamaturd and Bush walls, she hates Trump more than she cares about this country. Trump loves America!

Forum List

Back