South Carolina Police Officer, Ambushed by Gunman With 129 Firearms, Dies 3 Weeks After Attack

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
Only in the USA are law enforcement so regularly gunned down and killed. Thanks gun culture.

South Carolina Police Officer, Ambushed by Gunman With 129 Firearms, Dies 3 Weeks After Attack

A second South Carolina police officer has died after being ambushed and shot earlier this month by a man with a stockpile of guns who opened fire on her and other officers as they tried to serve a warrant.

The officer, Farrah Turner of the Florence County Sheriff’s Office, spent nearly three weeks hospitalized in critical condition after the gunman, who was perched on the second floor of his home, opened fire with two rifles and a handgun on Oct. 3. The suspect, Frederick T. Hopkins, 74, started shooting as the officers approached the home for a prearranged interview with his 27-year-old son, who had been accused of sexually assaulting a child.

Three officers in the Florence Police Department were struck first, including Sgt. Terrence Carraway, who was killed. Four officers who arrived to assist them, including Officer Turner, were then hit, the authorities said.

Support law enforcement, support gun control!

It isn't the gun culture. It's the kill the police culture.
Yeah you think this old white guy was part of the kill police culture? Cop killers usually have little in common other than easy access to guns. Most countries rarely have law enforcement shot and killed. Happens weekly here.

Only in the USA are law enforcement so regularly gunned down and killed. Thanks gun culture.

A second South Carolina police officer has died after being ambushed and shot earlier this month by a man with a stockpile of guns who opened fire on her and other officers as they tried to serve a warrant.

The officer, Farrah Turner of the Florence County Sheriff’s Office, spent nearly three weeks hospitalized in critical condition after the gunman, who was perched on the second floor of his home, opened fire with two rifles and a handgun on Oct. 3. The suspect, Frederick T. Hopkins, 74, started shooting as the officers approached the home for a prearranged interview with his 27-year-old son, who had been accused of sexually assaulting a child.

Three officers in the Florence Police Department were struck first, including Sgt. Terrence Carraway, who was killed. Four officers who arrived to assist them, including Officer Turner, were then hit, the authorities said.

Speaking as a Retired LEO gun control would not stop this type of shoot out. I will bet the guy had been in jail for a violation prior to this event. I also be the charge he had been arrested for was reduced charges. It is the Court system that need taken care of.

Yeah you think this old white guy was part of the kill police culture? Cop killers usually have little in common other than easy access to guns. Most countries rarely have law enforcement shot and killed. Happens weekly here.
What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want them? Now.

Pigs in a blanket. Fry 'em like bacon.

We need stronger laws for the criminals. Gun control isn’t the problem. It’s the Criminals the cause the violence. Bring back the death penalty and see how things change. Your just pushing your liberal bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking as a Retired LEO gun control would not stop this type of shoot out. I will bet the guy had been in jail for a violation prior to this event. I also be the charge he had been arrested for was reduced charges. It is the Court system that need taken care of.
It appears you are wrong, here is his record:
ABC 15 Investigates: Who is Frederick T. Hopkins, Jr.?

We need stronger laws for the criminals. Gun control isn’t the problem. It’s the Criminals the cause the violence. Bring back the death penalty and see how things change. Your just pushing your liberal bullshit

South Carolina has the death penalty.

Good. He should get it especially for killing a police officer. Every State should have the Death Penalty but they have to use it.

What the hell kind of clown-shoes clusterfuck gets 7 cops shot? SWAT should have served that warrant, not average patrol cops.

Good. He should get it especially for killing a police officer. Every State should have the Death Penalty but they have to use it.

He should get it, but it obviously didn't save the lives of these officers.

What the hell kind of clown-shoes clusterfuck gets 7 cops shot? SWAT should have served that warrant, not average patrol cops.
Why? He didn't have a violent criminal record.

For perspective:
3-14jpg.jpg

You said he had 129 guns then you said he had 3?

Settle down, wipe the foam off your mouth, pull your head out of your a55, and think.

Settle down, wipe the foam off your mouth, pull your head out of your a55, and think.
There is a reason I included the link to the full article:
In addition to the three firearms believed to have been used in the attack, the police recovered another 126 guns in the house, Sheriff Lott said.

In addition to the three firearms believed to have been used in the attack, the police recovered another 126 guns in the house, Sheriff Lott said.

How many guns can you shoot at one time darling?

Why? He didn't have a violent criminal record.

It doesn't matter if he had a history or not. Serving a warrant to someone at home can easily go south. It's much easier to catch them unawares some place when they're not suspecting it. Like at the store or gas station.

Looks like there might have been more than one shooter inside the house..

"According to our sources, authorities are reportedly examining shell casings and other evidence from the sprawling crime scene in an effort to determine whether more than one individual fired a weapon at police during the shootout. Additionally, a 16-year-old juvenile defendant is reportedly in custody under suspicion of attempting to aid and abet the two defendants during the shooting..."

Florence Shooting: The Latest

No I will not give up my rights for your false sense of security.

The shooter was also a combat veteran with 11 years in the Army, with a Bronze Star for serving in Vietnam.

Should we start rounding up all the Vietnam War combat veterans?

So your saying take the guns away from the law abiding citizens hands. Then what. What state do you live in as I will send the criminals from NJ there to raise hell there. Look at the states the have right to carry a firearm and they have the lowest crime rates because there not going to mug, carjack and robberies if they know that the people are armed. You turn every state to a right to carry watch crime sink. Background and mental health checks done nationwide will sort out a lot of problems. I’m a retired police officer so I can carry in any state I want to I wait for the day some asshole tries to carjack or rob me. BIG MISTAKE

Forum List

Back