South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

His version of gun safety means let's go the range and fire guns. How about yours?

And guns in America are treated as toys, deadly toys for immature boys.

I highly doubt that the kids will be going to the range with guns anyway. Lol!
That is not an answer. Does a Gun Safety class including firing guns, yes or no?

According to the OP, yes it will include going to the range. That is not all it will include, but it will be part of the class.
You seem to be unable to answer this simple question. Does a Gun Safety class including firing guns and is the class itself optional?

Your question was answered in the link in the OP (almost 50 pages ago).

From that linked article: "The second bill, being proposed in the Senate, would offer an optional gun safety or gun marksmanship course to students, though at an off-campus location."

So yes, it is optional and yes they go to a gun range.
You seem to be unable to answer this simple question. Does a Gun Safety class including firing guns and is the class itself optional?

You need three weeks to study the Second Amendment? And the materials for said thing should be from the NRA?

I have no idea where they will get the materials for their study of the 2nd Amendment. Got a link for this "forced study of NRA material"?
Right here:

"South Carolina lawmaker has proposed making local school students spend three weeks studying the Second Amendment using materials “developed or recommended” by the NRA, reports CarolinaLive."
South Carolina lawmaker wants high schools to spend 3 weeks teaching NRA class on guns

Good news! :D Our rights are very important, and the children should know their rights. I never learned much about my rights in school. I really think the schools should start talking more about it.
Well if the NRA can teach guns you should have no problems with Playboy or Planned Parenthood teaching sex.

Does Playboy have 100 years of experience teaching sex ed?

That probably depends on what you consider sex ed. :biggrin:

You need three weeks to study the Second Amendment? And the materials for said thing should be from the NRA?

I have no idea where they will get the materials for their study of the 2nd Amendment. Got a link for this "forced study of NRA material"?
Right here:

"South Carolina lawmaker has proposed making local school students spend three weeks studying the Second Amendment using materials “developed or recommended” by the NRA, reports CarolinaLive."
South Carolina lawmaker wants high schools to spend 3 weeks teaching NRA class on guns

Good news! :D Our rights are very important, and the children should know their rights. I never learned much about my rights in school. I really think the schools should start talking more about it.
Well if the NRA can teach guns you should have no problems with Playboy or Planned Parenthood teaching sex.

Does Playboy have 100 years of experience teaching sex ed?
Was the NRA started to teach Gun Safety?

That is not an answer. Does a Gun Safety class including firing guns, yes or no?

According to the OP, yes it will include going to the range. That is not all it will include, but it will be part of the class.

Why would you NOT want your child to learn how to properly handle a gun? What if your child happened upon one, out the in woods while playing, over a friend's house? Wouldn't you rather they realize the deadly potential of the weapon, or to be ignorant of it and perhaps look at it as if it were a toy?

Basically, you are saying that you would rather your child remain ignorant.
The rules are very simple - see a gun, don't not "handle" it, and run for your life. That is all the Gun Safety and child needs in this day and age. Got it?

Well, I guess I could say the same to my child about sex or swimming pools, etc., etc., etc. That is so ignorant.

Your question was answered in the link in the OP (almost 50 pages ago).

From that linked article: "The second bill, being proposed in the Senate, would offer an optional gun safety or gun marksmanship course to students, though at an off-campus location."

So yes, it is optional and yes they go to a gun range.

That sounds like the best and most interesting class in school! I would totally take that class. :D
I'm sure most teenagers will agree with you. A class in blowjobs and beer would get a high turnout as well.

His version of gun safety means let's go the range and fire guns. How about yours?

And guns in America are treated as toys, deadly toys for immature boys.

Really? That sounds like an expensive class!!!
Yes, it will be, but I'm sure the NRA would be happy to pay. It fits their agenda perfectly.

It's pretty much a fact that if you are educated about a thing, you are less likely to hurt yourself or others with that thing.

Why would you NOT want your child to learn how to properly handle a gun? What if your child happened upon one, out the in woods while playing, over a friend's house? Wouldn't you rather they realize the deadly potential of the weapon, or to be ignorant of it and perhaps look at it as if it were a toy?

The rules are very simple - see a gun, don't not "handle" it, and run for your life. That is all the Gun Safety and child needs in this day and age. Got it?

Well, I guess I could say the same to my child about sex or swimming pools, etc., etc., etc. That is so ignorant.
Many people still do on number one, and it wasn't long ago that people didn't teach their children to swim for fear that they would then go in water and drown.

Yes, it will be, but I'm sure the NRA would be happy to pay. It fits their agenda perfectly.

It's pretty much a fact that if you are educated about a thing, you are less likely to hurt yourself or others with that thing.
So in a class about drugs, one should use drugs? You want the full experience right?

Many people still do on number one, and it wasn't long ago that people didn't teach their children to swim for fear that they would then go in water and drown.

Right, and that is stupid. Drowning deaths occur most often in people who cannot swim.

So in a class about drugs, one should use drugs? You want the full experience right?

A gun is not a drug, strawman.

Most people use drugs safely, and most use guns safely, but people still get dead from both. If we can teach about drugs without the kids using them then we can teach about guns without the kids firing them, but you wouldn't like that kind of class now would you?

Right here:

Planned parenthood DOES teach about responsible sex. I wouldn't even bother to respond about the Playboy comment. Playboy magazine is NOT an educational material, or least not for kids in the classroom. Lol.

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT?

That was my textbook since I was 10 years old.

Right, and that is stupid. Drowning deaths occur most often in people who cannot swim.
Yep, but that was the thinking.

[
The rules are very simple - see a gun, don't not "handle" it, and run for your life. That is all the Gun Safety any child needs in this day and age. Got it?

I am teaching my grandchildren to

see Elizabeth Warren, Hillary Clinton, Jeb Bush , Mitt Romney , etc , do not vote and run for your life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Most people use drugs safely, and most use guns safely, but people still get dead from both. If we can teach about drugs without the kids using them then we can teach about guns without the kids firing them, but you wouldn't like that kind of class now would you?

Are you alright? Drugs are illegal. Guns are a constitutional right.

Also, guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Answer the question. What if we teach Gun Safety but no kid fires a gun, yes or no?

Answer the question. What if we teach Gun Safety but no kid fires a gun, yes or no?

Well I don't have a problem with it either way. It's always better to be educated on a subject than ignorant about it.

Are you alright? Drugs are illegal. Guns are a constitutional right.
Alcohol is illegal? Pot is illegal in all states? The prescription drugs in the bathroom are illegal? The things kids can buy and use as a drug are illegal?

If we can teach Drug Safety without using drugs what's the problem with teaching Gun Safety without firing a gun?

I think that's wonderful. The children should be taught about their rights.

Right here:

These are two different topics. That is why, in the article you linked, it said "Clemmons also supports proposed legislation that would allow schools to offer a semester-long course on firearm safety that would take kids out of the classroom and onto shooting ranges. That class would also focus on the history of guns and gun rights."

Separate legislation. Separate topics.
Once again you fail to answer the questions. You need three weeks to study the Second Amendment? And the materials for said thing should be from the NRA?

Since the three week 2nd amendment class is a separate issue, no I did not answer. Stick with this topic. If you wantto discuss the other legislation, start a new thread.

Forum List

Back