South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

So, you're okay with a gun that fires without the trigger being pulled?

What? Where did you get any inkling that I am ok with a gun that fires without the trigger being pulled? Hell no. That gun would be scrapped.

What I did say was that, if someone was following basic gun safety rules, it would not kill or injure anyone.
So, how does one carry this gun that fires without the trigger being pulled and somehow manages to never have it pointed at themselves or someone else?

Don't carry it.

If you test the gun, use the most basic safety rules:
1.Always point the muzzle in a safe direction; never point a firearm at anyone or anything you
don't want to shoot.
2.Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.
3.Keep the action open and the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.
I see. So people who bought this defective gun and carried it just shouldn't have done so. It's a magical world you live in, very.

And how does one carry a gun that never points at themselves or someone else? I'm sure you have a magical answer for that as well.

Don't point it at anyone. It is simple. I carry in a holster that points down. I also do not have a round in the chamber.

How about a gun safety class in high school? I will be 55 years old next month, and I still remember things I was taught in Drivers Ed in 1975.
As long as the gun safety is never touch a gun, have at it, but that's not what you, and the NRA, want now is it? You want people to like and own guns, like you do.

No, that is not a gun safety class. And I don't give a damn if people choose to own guns or not. But I do give a damn that they know how to handle them safely.
Well, in this safety class of yours, do they fire guns? Load and unload guns?

I am certain that they will. And they will be taught to do so properly and safely.
And if I don't want my child to attend said class, or to ever fire a gun, or know anything about them?

And to what ages would you teach said class?

Then your kids should not sign up for this elective class. duh.

As long as the gun safety is never touch a gun, have at it, but that's not what you, and the NRA, want now is it? You want people to like and own guns, like you do.

No, that is not a gun safety class. And I don't give a damn if people choose to own guns or not. But I do give a damn that they know how to handle them safely.

I am certain that they will. And they will be taught to do so properly and safely.
And if I don't want my child to attend said class, or to ever fire a gun, or know anything about them?

Well, what would you say to parents who feel that way about sex education?
I would say that in nearly all cases your child will have sex, even if only with themselves, so we strongly recommend that they attend but it's your child so it's your call. However, no child needs to fire a gun, ever.

What? Where did you get any inkling that I am ok with a gun that fires without the trigger being pulled? Hell no. That gun would be scrapped.

What I did say was that, if someone was following basic gun safety rules, it would not kill or injure anyone.
So, how does one carry this gun that fires without the trigger being pulled and somehow manages to never have it pointed at themselves or someone else?

Don't carry it.

1.Always point the muzzle in a safe direction; never point a firearm at anyone or anything you
don't want to shoot.
2.Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.
I see. So people who bought this defective gun and carried it just shouldn't have done so. It's a magical world you live in, very.

And how does one carry a gun that never points at themselves or someone else? I'm sure you have a magical answer for that as well.

Don't point it at anyone. It is simple. I carry in a holster that points down. I also do not have a round in the chamber.
And what does said gun point at? Your leg at times, your foot? How do you carry a gun that never points at yourself?

I would say that in nearly all cases your child will have sex, even if only with themselves, so we strongly recommend that they attend but it's your child so it's your call. However, no child needs to fire a gun, ever.

Your child could choose to own a gun when he or she is old enough. Teaching the children gun safety is certainly not harmful, but helpful. If they ever happen upon a gun, they would know how to handle it safely or not to handle it at all because they would realize that it can be dangerous and that it is not just a toy.

The fire the gun part is elective. The three week NRA study of the Second Amendment is not.

And what ages?

Your child could choose to own a gun when he or she is old enough. Teaching the children gun safety is certainly not harmful, but helpful. If they ever happen upon a gun, they would know how to handle it safely or not to handle it at all because they would realize that it can be dangerous and that it is not just a toy.
His version of gun safety means let's go the range and fire guns. How about yours?

And guns in America are treated as toys, deadly toys for immature boys.

I concur.

We all know that children have no rights.

That's the reason that at the age of five they are sentenced to attend minimum security prisons where their "rights" can be summarily ignored.

That is the reason we were able to send little Elian Gonzalez to a slave state.

So, you're okay with a gun that fires without the trigger being pulled?

Don't carry it.

don't want to shoot.

Remember the link to the gun safety rules that I posted and you said you had read?

One of those rules is: "Make sure your firearm is in good mechanical condition before firing it.".

Once again, problem solved by following gun safety rules.

The fire the gun part is elective. The three week NRA study of the Second Amendment is not.

And what ages?

I think that's wonderful. The children should be taught about their rights.

His version of gun safety means let's go the range and fire guns. How about yours?

I've shot guns before. It's not that big a deal. What would you do? Run away screaming? :lol:

Not at all, your answer is always the same, and so far always wrong. And we're on example seven or eight but you are bad with numbers.

Perhaps 7 or 8 for today. You tried 13 yesterday. So my numbers are fine, if approximate.

Which answer has been wrong> I gave you the basic gun safety rule that had been violated for each example. All would have prevented the injury or death.
I used only one example from that list. And then the toddler shoots mommy. and then six so far today. That's eight, not 20.

And you never could explain why a 9-year-old can't fire an Uzi?

You posted a link with a list of 12 examples (although the title claimed 13) plus the 9 year old with the Uzi. I answered them all.
Yes you did, but I never asked you to now did I?

You didn't specify. I made the claim that following basic gun safety would prevent accidental shooting deaths. You claimed to be able to refute that, but didn't want to do so. So I said my claim still stands. Then you posted "No, it doesn't. Start here: 13 of the Most Tragic and Horrifying Gun Accidents in 2014 Alternet".

So it was pretty easy to see you offered all 13 (12) up in the hopes one would work. They didn't.
The start here part was to show a rational person, not you in this case, that accidents with guns will always happen, even when the rules are followed. I used only one example from said list, and you have yet to be able to tell us what rules were broken in said case.

Really? Care to show where I said anything of the kind?

And would you like to show where any gun safety class teaches that guns are toys?

And what ages?

You need three weeks to study the Second Amendment? And the materials for said thing should be from the NRA?

I highly doubt that the kids will be going to the range with guns anyway. Lol!

Perhaps 7 or 8 for today. You tried 13 yesterday. So my numbers are fine, if approximate.

Which answer has been wrong> I gave you the basic gun safety rule that had been violated for each example. All would have prevented the injury or death.
I used only one example from that list. And then the toddler shoots mommy. and then six so far today. That's eight, not 20.

And you never could explain why a 9-year-old can't fire an Uzi?

You posted a link with a list of 12 examples (although the title claimed 13) plus the 9 year old with the Uzi. I answered them all.
Yes you did, but I never asked you to now did I?

You didn't specify. I made the claim that following basic gun safety would prevent accidental shooting deaths. You claimed to be able to refute that, but didn't want to do so. So I said my claim still stands. Then you posted "No, it doesn't. Start here: 13 of the Most Tragic and Horrifying Gun Accidents in 2014 Alternet".

So it was pretty easy to see you offered all 13 (12) up in the hopes one would work. They didn't.
The start here part was to show a rational person, not you in this case, that accidents with guns will always happen, even when the rules are followed. I used only one example from said list, and you have yet to be able to tell us what rules were broken in said case.

You did not specify any example from the list. I answered them all, including the 9 year old with the Uzi.

And would you like to show where any gun safety class teaches that guns are toys?
So, you're okay with a Gun Safety class in which the kids do not fire a gun? And how long would that take because that could be done in 20 minutes then.

And what ages?

You need three weeks to study the Second Amendment? And the materials for said thing should be from the NRA?

I have no idea where they will get the materials for their study of the 2nd Amendment. Got a link for this "forced study of NRA material"?

I highly doubt that the kids will be going to the range with guns anyway. Lol!
That is not an answer. Does a Gun Safety class including firing guns, yes or no?

So, you're okay with a Gun Safety class in which the kids do not fire a gun? And how long would that take because that could be done in 20 minutes then.

The article in the OP stated that the kids would be taken to a local gun range for the actual shooting part of the class. I am fine with that.

Forum List

Back