South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

Forgetting that there is a live round in the gun is not a problem if you follow the safety rules and always assume the gun is loaded.

You know what, you can make all the safe gun rules you want. What you can't do is fix the stupidity of some people who are able and willing to own guns. Some will be safe, some won't. Depends on the level of fear that particular individual has. And their age.

Accidental deaths are just something that must be endured when you have a guaranteed right to own guns.
Cause you just can't fix the stupid gun owner. No laws will do it. No amount of training will do it. Only having one of your kids shoot themselves or someone else will do it. And that's not a sure thing.

Have you ever noticed that it is not usually the seasoned hunter that has the tragedy of an accidental death. It is usually those that only have a gun for personal protection. Why is that?

In my experience hunters are more safety conscious than most people.

If someone does something stupid, then accidents will happen. What is being discussed here is my claim that if people followed the basic gun safety rules the accidental shooting deaths could be eliminated. PMH disagrees and is searching the internet for an example of a shooting death that could not have been prevented by following the safety rules.

So far he is about 0 for 20.
Not at all, your answer is always the same, and so far always wrong. And we're on example seven or eight but you are bad with numbers.

If the gun is pointed in a safe direction when it is loaded and has a roundin the chamber, no one will be injured or killed.

So, you're okay with a gun that fires without the trigger being pulled?

What? Where did you get any inkling that I am ok with a gun that fires without the trigger being pulled? Hell no. That gun would be scrapped.

What I did say was that, if someone was following basic gun safety rules, it would not kill or injure anyone.

So, how does one carry this gun that fires without the trigger being pulled and somehow manages to never have it pointed at themselves or someone else?

What is being discussed here is my claim that if people followed the basic gun safety rules the accidental shooting deaths could be eliminated.

That sounds true. The problem you have is HOW to make stupid people who have guns FOLLOW those basic safety rules. How do you do that and not infringe on their rights to own guns on their terms?

How about a gun safety class in high school? I will be 55 years old next month, and I still remember things I was taught in Drivers Ed in 1975.

What is being discussed here is my claim that if people followed the basic gun safety rules the accidental shooting deaths could be eliminated.

That sounds true. The problem you have is HOW to make stupid people who have guns FOLLOW those basic safety rules. How do you do that and not infringe on their rights to own guns on their terms?

How about a gun safety class in high school? I will be 55 years old next month, and I still remember things I was taught in Drivers Ed in 1975.
As long as the gun safety is never touch a gun, have at it, but that's not what you, and the NRA, want now is it? You want people to like and own guns, like you do.

Forgetting that there is a live round in the gun is not a problem if you follow the safety rules and always assume the gun is loaded.

You know what, you can make all the safe gun rules you want. What you can't do is fix the stupidity of some people who are able and willing to own guns. Some will be safe, some won't. Depends on the level of fear that particular individual has. And their age.

Accidental deaths are just something that must be endured when you have a guaranteed right to own guns.
Cause you just can't fix the stupid gun owner. No laws will do it. No amount of training will do it. Only having one of your kids shoot themselves or someone else will do it. And that's not a sure thing.

Have you ever noticed that it is not usually the seasoned hunter that has the tragedy of an accidental death. It is usually those that only have a gun for personal protection. Why is that?

If someone does something stupid, then accidents will happen. What is being discussed here is my claim that if people followed the basic gun safety rules the accidental shooting deaths could be eliminated. PMH disagrees and is searching the internet for an example of a shooting death that could not have been prevented by following the safety rules.

Not at all, your answer is always the same, and so far always wrong. And we're on example seven or eight but you are bad with numbers.

Perhaps 7 or 8 for today. You tried 13 yesterday. So my numbers are fine, if approximate.

Which answer has been wrong> I gave you the basic gun safety rule that had been violated for each example. All would have prevented the injury or death.

If the gun is pointed in a safe direction when it is loaded and has a roundin the chamber, no one will be injured or killed.

What? Where did you get any inkling that I am ok with a gun that fires without the trigger being pulled? Hell no. That gun would be scrapped.

What I did say was that, if someone was following basic gun safety rules, it would not kill or injure anyone.

So, how does one carry this gun that fires without the trigger being pulled and somehow manages to never have it pointed at themselves or someone else?

Don't carry it.

If you test the gun, use the most basic safety rules:
1.Always point the muzzle in a safe direction; never point a firearm at anyone or anything you
don't want to shoot.
2.Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.
3.Keep the action open and the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.

Perhaps 7 or 8 for today. You tried 13 yesterday. So my numbers are fine, if approximate.

Which answer has been wrong> I gave you the basic gun safety rule that had been violated for each example. All would have prevented the injury or death.
I used only one example from that list. And then the toddler shoots mommy. and then six so far today. That's eight, not 20.

And you never could explain why a 9-year-old can't fire an Uzi?

As long as the gun safety is never touch a gun, have at it, but that's not what you, and the NRA, want now is it? You want people to like and own guns, like you do.

No, that is not a gun safety class. And I don't give a damn if people choose to own guns or not. But I do give a damn that they know how to handle them safely.

Don't carry it.

1.Always point the muzzle in a safe direction; never point a firearm at anyone or anything you
don't want to shoot.
2.Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.

I see. So people who bought this defective gun and carried it just shouldn't have done so. It's a magical world you live in, very.

I used only one example from that list. And then the toddler shoots mommy. and then six so far today. That's eight, not 20.

You posted a link with a list of 12 examples (although the title claimed 13) plus the 9 year old with the Uzi. I answered them all.

No, that is not a gun safety class. And I don't give a damn if people choose to own guns or not. But I do give a damn that they know how to handle them safely.
Well, in this safety class of yours, do they fire guns? Load and unload guns?

You posted a link with a list of 12 examples (although the title claimed 13) plus the 9 year old with the Uzi. I answered them all.
Yes you did, but I never asked you to now did I?

Don't carry it.

don't want to shoot.
I see. So people who bought this defective gun and carried it just shouldn't have done so. It's a magical world you live in, very.

Well, if they bought a gun that fires without having the trigger pulled, they should take it back to where they bought it or contact the manufacturer. That is obviously a pretty serious defect.

I am certain that they will. And they will be taught to do so properly and safely.

Don't carry it.

don't want to shoot.

And how does one carry a gun that never points at themselves or someone else? I'm sure you have a magical answer for that as well.

Don't carry it.

don't want to shoot.

Well, if they bought a gun that fires without having the trigger pulled, they should take it back to where they bought it or contact the manufacturer. That is obviously a pretty serious defect.
And what safety rule did they break if they bought the gun, carried the gun, got shot by the gun and never knew problem with the gun until then?

I am certain that they will. And they will be taught to do so properly and safely.
And if I don't want my child to attend said class, or to ever fire a gun, or know anything about them?

And to what ages would you teach said class?

Don't carry it.

don't want to shoot.

:lol: I'll say!

Yes you did, but I never asked you to now did I?

You didn't specify. I made the claim that following basic gun safety would prevent accidental shooting deaths. You claimed to be able to refute that, but didn't want to do so. So I said my claim still stands. Then you posted "No, it doesn't. Start here: 13 of the Most Tragic and Horrifying Gun Accidents in 2014 Alternet".

So it was pretty easy to see you offered all 13 (12) up in the hopes one would work. They didn't.

And if I don't want my child to attend said class, or to ever fire a gun, or know anything about them?

Well, what would you say to parents who feel that way about sex education?

Forum List

Back