South Dakota Lawmaker Says Businesses Should Be Allowed To Ban Colored People

[
It will probably take you awhile to figure this out, but I'm pretty sure TN is more of a nut job anarchist or super libertarian than a racist. He's been pestering me for a few years now, and that's what I've decided. He's not all that great at explaining what he means, sometimes. Most of the time. For a guy from Tennessee, though, I believe he's alright. (His views on Lincoln aside)
Fair enough, I will defer to your assessment of him since you are more familiar -- maybe he will grow on me in time...like a rash

OMG
I wasnt whining about being abused. I am complaining about discrimination and how liars that say they are for equality, only care giving certain classes special rights.
How is me losing my rights fair to me? Why should i be the loser in this? Why cant it be EQUAL?
Still waiting for you to show me what rights you don't have because of the Civil Rights Act -- which finds its constitutional foundation in the 14th A.

What I am other posters have noticed from your incessant rambling is that you are mad that you can't discriminate against people who don't belong to your tribe -- and again, boo-fucking -- hoo
It will probably take you awhile to figure this out, but I'm pretty sure TN is more of a nut job anarchist or super libertarian than a racist. He's been pestering me for a few years now, and that's what I've decided. He's not all that great at explaining what he means, sometimes. Most of the time. For a guy from Tennessee, though, I believe he's alright. (His views on Lincoln aside)
I believe in limited govt doing basic services and regulations. Forcing people against their will to associate with people they dont want to, is not part of that.
I am neither of those things you listed. I am just TN. I will accept the "liberal" brand but you must distinguish it from the bullshit of today or it doesnt count ;)
And fuck lincoln, the damn tyrant
It's up to you to distinguish what you stand for, not me.
You are trying to brand me, so i gave you something correct to brand me with. Either just TN or classic liberal.

LOL, dude you guys are full of racists. And you democrats are experts at not only allowing a business to refuse service, you guys MAKE them refuse service
What business refused you service?

What "leftist" policy is making businesses refuse service to you?

I'll wait while you don't answer the question...
You guys implemented Jim Crow
Wait. Are you trying to tell us these people attacking the negroes in this photo are liberals? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Oh, man. Priceless.

lunch_counter6.jpg

They're most likely Democrats, bub.
But they are not leftists, are they.

So that makes them...what?

Go ahead. Be brave and say it.

Hint: The opposite of leftists.

Not so sorry to disappoint, bub. You are using the words liberal and conservative out of context with the definitions of that era.

They are likely Democrats, who in the B&W era were the party of Jim Crow and the KKK.

And i just want to add OldLady sometimes i cant get out what i am thinking, but it isnt "most of the time" you just dont understand a lot ;)

You hear Trump talk about "law and order" a lot. It's a throwaway line he uses to get cheers and applause.

So here's why that kind of talk is considered a dog whistle by the left. There's a difference between "law and order" and "justice".

Take a look at the photo below.

See the guy swinging the billy club? He wants law and order.

See the guy being clubbed? He wants justice.

selma_wide_a1215fca4c232f432d79f9caa8cd35328caca6cd_s900_c85.jpg

OMG
I wasnt whining about being abused. I am complaining about discrimination and how liars that say they are for equality, only care giving certain classes special rights.
How is me losing my rights fair to me? Why should i be the loser in this? Why cant it be EQUAL?
Still waiting for you to show me what rights you don't have because of the Civil Rights Act -- which finds its constitutional foundation in the 14th A.

What I am other posters have noticed from your incessant rambling is that you are mad that you can't discriminate against people who don't belong to your tribe -- and again, boo-fucking -- hoo
I believe in limited govt doing basic services and regulations. Forcing people against their will to associate with people they dont want to, is not part of that.
I am neither of those things you listed. I am just TN. I will accept the "liberal" brand but you must distinguish it from the bullshit of today or it doesnt count ;)
And fuck lincoln, the damn tyrant
It's up to you to distinguish what you stand for, not me.
You are trying to brand me, so i gave you something correct to brand me with. Either just TN or classic liberal.
I don't like pigeon holes either, but I didn't know how else to explain it.

You hear Trump talk about "law and order" a lot. It's a throwaway line he uses to get cheers and applause.

So here's why that kind of talk is considered a dog whistle by the left. There's a difference between "law and order" and "justice".

Take a look at the photo below.

See the guy swinging the billy club? He wants law and order.

See the guy being clubbed? He wants justice.

selma_wide_a1215fca4c232f432d79f9caa8cd35328caca6cd_s900_c85.jpg
Couldn't have summed it up any clearer

What business refused you service?

What "leftist" policy is making businesses refuse service to you?

I'll wait while you don't answer the question...
Wait. Are you trying to tell us these people attacking the negroes in this photo are liberals? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Oh, man. Priceless.

lunch_counter6.jpg

Not so sorry to disappoint, bub. You are using the words liberal and conservative out of context with the definitions of that era.

Nope. It is you useful idiots who are using "Democrat" out of context. You have been deliberately trained to do so for this very reason.

Liberals were all about civil rights back then, just as they are today. Conservatives were reactionary and opposed to civil rights.

Those Democrats who blocked civil rights legislation were conservatives. They called themselves conservatives and right wingers. You have been kept ignorant of these facts. Deliberately so.

Your total ignorance of our history is being exploited by the propagandists who control your every thought.

Man, it is cracking me up that someone just tried to claim a guy like Richard Russell was considered a liberal Democrat in his time.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! He just turned over in his grave.

Priceless.

Oh, man. Priceless.

lunch_counter6.jpg

Nope. It is you useful idiots who are using "Democrat" out of context. You have been deliberately trained to do so for this very reason.

Liberals were all about civil rights back then, just as they are today. Conservatives were reactionary and opposed to civil rights.

Those Democrats who blocked civil rights legislation were conservatives. They called themselves conservatives and right wingers. You have been kept ignorant of these facts. Deliberately so.

Your total ignorance of our history is being exploited by the propagandists who control your every thought.

Again, you are not using the proper definitions and context. But I already explained that; it's not my responsibility to compensate for your lack of comprehension.

Oh, man. Priceless.

lunch_counter6.jpg

Again, you are not using the proper definitions and context. But I already explained that; it's not my responsibility to compensate for your lack of comprehension.
No. You are trying to claim those bigots in all those photos were considered liberals in their day.

That is complete and utter horseshit, and you know it.

You do not have the integrity to admit it, but deep down inside you know the truth.

So a sitting South Dakota lawmaker recently voiced his belief that businesses should be able to discriminate against people of color. Obviously this guy saw the recent Supreme Court ruling as a green light to go full racist -- and more and more openly racist/bigoted people are feeling more embolden to run for office (mainly as Republicans).

so my question is -- How many people here wish the Civil Rights bill was never passed?

Because essentially, to try to argue that businesses should be allowed to discriminate on the basis of race is saying you are against the Civil Rights Act.

From the article:
In an interview with the Leader, Clark said he believed that business owners should be able to turn away certain customers if they would otherwise violate their religious beliefs.

"If it’s truly his strongly based belief, he should be able to turn them away," Clark told the Leader. "People shouldn’t be able to use their minority status to bully a business."

It's stunning to me that an elected state lawmaker- no matter what the state - can be so ignorant as to not know what the Civil Rights Act is and does.

I happen to agree with him, it’s both a property rights issue as well as a freedom of speech issue. That doesn’t mean I agree with people who would make decisions to not serve based on race, beliefs, whatever. A. It’s morally wrong, B. It’s a terrible business model. The government is the only thing that can make impositions, not the market. About a year ago a coffee shop in Seattle, I believe, kicked out a pro life group, and I think they should have every right too, even though I disagree with it. I think a Palestinian baker, cobbler, whatever the fuck they are, has right to kick out a Zionist customer, if they so choose. I think a Muslim baker has the same right as a Christian baker to say no to making a gay wedding cake. I think a gay baker has the right to say fuck off to a member of the West-Boro Baptist Church. Black business owner should be able to say fuck off to the cops or a white privileged person, Vegan to a butcher, vis-versa whatever scenario you can think of.

There was at one point, an argument at least, that could be made for the civil rights act as applied in these matters with business owners. I still disagree with it on principle, but I am also sympathetic to it. In this day and age, if a store owner had a “no blacks allowed” policy, that store would be out of business in a week. A. It’d be all over the news B. The vast majority of people who think that’s fucked up would boycott it, C. The very few people who don’t would be scared to even be seen in that business. The tolerance for racism in this country is so low, look at how fast Roseanne got booted. It was like not even 24 hours...and that was the highest rated show on TV.

I’m sure the OP has no problem with what the coffee shop did?

I think they should. I also think black people should be able to ban white people. Its their fucking property. They should be able to ban anyone for anything.
People like you are the reason racism will never end.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
I believe in liberty and freedom over peoples feelings.

You believe in liberty and freedom...for white men.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

So a sitting South Dakota lawmaker recently voiced his belief that businesses should be able to discriminate against people of color. Obviously this guy saw the recent Supreme Court ruling as a green light to go full racist -- and more and more openly racist/bigoted people are feeling more embolden to run for office (mainly as Republicans).

so my question is -- How many people here wish the Civil Rights bill was never passed?

Because essentially, to try to argue that businesses should be allowed to discriminate on the basis of race is saying you are against the Civil Rights Act.

From the article:
In an interview with the Leader, Clark said he believed that business owners should be able to turn away certain customers if they would otherwise violate their religious beliefs.

"If it’s truly his strongly based belief, he should be able to turn them away," Clark told the Leader. "People shouldn’t be able to use their minority status to bully a business."

It's stunning to me that an elected state lawmaker- no matter what the state - can be so ignorant as to not know what the Civil Rights Act is and does.

I happen to agree with him, it’s both a property rights issue as well as a freedom of speech issue. That doesn’t mean I agree with people who would make decisions to not serve based on race, beliefs, whatever. A. It’s morally wrong, B. It’s a terrible business model. The government is the only thing that can make impositions, not the market. About a year ago a coffee shop in Seattle, I believe, kicked out a pro life group, and I think they should have every right too, even though I disagree with it. I think a Palestinian baker, cobbler, whatever the fuck they are, has right to kick out a Zionist customer, if they so choose. I think a Muslim baker has the same right as a Christian baker to say no to making a gay wedding cake. I think a gay baker has the right to say fuck off to a member of the West-Boro Baptist Church. Black business owner should be able to say fuck off to the cops or a white privileged person, Vegan to a butcher, vis-versa whatever scenario you can think of.

There was at one point, an argument at least, that could be made for the civil rights act as applied in these matters with business owners. I still disagree with it on principle, but I am also sympathetic to it. In this day and age, if a store owner had a “no blacks allowed” policy, that store would be out of business in a week. A. It’d be all over the news B. The vast majority of people who think that’s fucked up would boycott it, C. The very few people who don’t would be scared to even be seen in that business. The tolerance for racism in this country is so low, look at how fast Roseanne got booted. It was like not even 24 hours...and that was the highest rated show on TV.

I’m sure the OP has no problem with what the coffee shop did?

The pro life activists shouldn't have been kicked out -- and they are well in their rights to seek legal recourse -- unfortunately, if they were not kicked out -- they would have been very disappointed -- you would think handing out pamphlets to customers of aborted babies should be welcome in any establishment -- but I see you left that part out.

I am equally convinced that if a group of Atheists went into a Chik-Fil A passing out anti-Christian pamphlets -- good chance they may get kicked out too ...

We can do the tit for tat game all day -- but question -- what does an abortion rights activist look like? can you recognize them when you see them?

If that business had a sign that says "No Abortion Rights Activists" -- could you pass for a "Non Abortion Rights" person if you really wanted a Starbucks coffee? Even if the sign said "No Gays" -- "No Irish" -- "No Jews" -- it is still conceivable for someone to pass if they really wanted that cup of coffee

but when the sign says "No Blacks" "No Asians" -- it becomes harder to pass

Which is why I always scoff at people who like to pontificate on how the free market would had corrected discrimination in the 60's without the Civil Rights Act--

The thing is, there was a time not so long ago when businesses openly advertised WHITES ONLY, and it not only did them no harm, they actually thrived.

We do not want to go backwards.
I think the best way to marginalize these cockroaches is to shine a light on them. It ain't pretty, it ain't easy, but it's better than letting them fester. It's partially what gave us TRUMP.
What gave us Trump should inform you that we could easily return to the days of Whites Only lunch counters, and that such businesses would thrive again.
I doubt it. When in doubt, I always defer to freedom of expression.

I want to know how the crazies are, and who agrees with them.

Why? Are you going to boycott them? Call them racists? Do anything?

You know who the racists are here at USMB. What have you done to help them evolve?
By all means, have at it. Best of luck.

Was. Not. Talking. To. You.

Why would any respectable business actually ban black people? That is frankly the ultimate dumbest thing I've really ever heard of. Please explain the sick twisted reasoning behind why and decent American would actually do this. Jeez wake up.

You know who the racists are here at USMB. What have you done to help them evolve?
Oh, I've long since given up trying to have normal, honest, interesting conversations with intolerant wingers on internet message boards. It's a waste of time, it's not real life.

Ironically, you were instrumental in teaching me that one.

Weak. You aren't eager to self evaluate when it comes to this subject.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back