Southern cop shoots man running away in the back..

I defend good cops...which is 99.9% of them. I ppersonally think this shooting is NOT justified...and the charge is appropriate. Bes entitled to.his day in court. But looks like murder to me.

Sadly...cop.haters will use this as their Area 51 smoking gun case now. PROOF that all past shootings are bad.

They'll smear all cops for this....just like my neighbor who wore a red t shirt should be blamed for all murders committed by the Bloods gang while wearing red.

The man wasn't supporting his family.

That is why he is dead.

Nobody runs from a tail light ticket, tens of thousands fail to pay their child support.

When the cops have a warrant, you take the bust like a man, or, risk getting shot if you resist and run.

Some bad choices led to this, and they started with failure to support children that he brought into this world, and ended with resisting a lawful arrest.

And we find why cop supporters should never be taken seriously. They will defend a cop shooting an unarmed black man 8 times in the back.

That is why he is dead.

Nobody runs from a tail light ticket, tens of thousands fail to pay their child support.

When the cops have a warrant, you take the bust like a man, or, risk getting shot if you resist and run.

Some bad choices led to this, and they started with failure to support children that he brought into this world, and ended with resisting a lawful arrest.

And we find why cop supporters should never be taken seriously. They will defend a cop shooting an unarmed black man 8 times in the back.

I'd defend him if he shot a white man in the back, as long as it was legal and justifiable.

Unfortunately, it would never make national news...there would no one to be outraged.

That is why he is dead.

I'd defend him if he shot a white man in the back, as long as it was legal and justifiable.

Unfortunately, it would never make national news...there would no one to be outraged.
Bullshit.
It would be big news in any case.
Thank God for the video.

When you shoot eight times, you aren't protecting the public, you are out to kill.

I didn't see the offender get down on the ground, put his hands up or even stop running...until he could no longer run.

I suppose waiting until backup arrived before engaging the person was not an option. Oh wait, we were knee deep in cops within seconds of the shooting.

I'll have to rewatch the video, but I only remember seeing one other officer...and there is no telling if he/she was visible at the time of the shooting.

Officers have to make split second decisions, while we have the luxury of second guessing them for months after the fact.

I'm reading one of the first statements when the officer was still trying to spin that he felt threatened. Back up came after the shooting from what I can tell.

Bottom line is that there was an eyewitness who kept filming.

And Scott was 10 feet away running for his freaking life when he started firing from what I can tell from the stills but the officer still claimed that when he fired seven times as the man was running away from him that he felt "threatened".

Yet all shots were in his back. And he paused before he hit him with the eighth shot.

Here's another link for you Missourian.

Attorney North Charleston police officer felt threatened before fatal shooting - Post and Courier
For all you know, the dead guy could have said "I'm going get a gun and come back and kill you".

Nobody here is on any jury in this case.

I will never sympathize with any deadbeat dad running away after resisting arrest.

Tough shit.

When are fools going to learn you cannot outrun a bullet.

Another case of a long string of bad decisions costing a fool his life.

Yes, so much for prolife. Having more kids than you can pay for,
where you run from a cop to avoid getting jailed for back child support,
and it ends up getting you killed anyway. Where is the prolife support for
parents, kids and families where it's needed? Why is this whole system set up to fail?

That is why he is dead.

It can be a case of both sides being equally wrong and responsible for their part.

When Trayvon Martin got killed, don't you think it was both his fault and Zimmerman's for getting into that fight?
Both had backgrounds that clearly led to escalating the conflict into aggression.

Neither person in either case deserved the "death penalty"
But as for blame for the confrontation that went wrong, you can see there were problems on BOTH sides.

Why can't it be mutual responsibility for getting into the mess to begin with?
What is this fantasy that conflicts have to make one side completely right and the other completely wrong? What is wrong with admitting mutual fault?

Does it make the killing any "less wrong" to admit there were faults on both sides
for why these situations arose that ended badly?

I didn't see the offender get down on the ground, put his hands up or even stop running...until he could no longer run.

I suppose waiting until backup arrived before engaging the person was not an option. Oh wait, we were knee deep in cops within seconds of the shooting.

I'll have to rewatch the video, but I only remember seeing one other officer...and there is no telling if he/she was visible at the time of the shooting.

Officers have to make split second decisions, while we have the luxury of second guessing them for months after the fact.

I'm reading one of the first statements when the officer was still trying to spin that he felt threatened. Back up came after the shooting from what I can tell.

And Scott was 10 feet away running for his freaking life when he started firing from what I can tell from the stills but the officer still claimed that when he fired seven times as the man was running away from him that he felt "threatened".

Yet all shots were in his back. And he paused before he hit him with the eighth shot.

Attorney North Charleston police officer felt threatened before fatal shooting - Post and Courier
For all you know, the dead guy could have said "I'm going get a gun and come back and kill you".

I will never sympathize with any deadbeat dad running away after resisting arrest.

Tough shit.

parents, kids and families where it's needed? Why is this whole system set up to fail?

It's called TANF...colloquially known as welfare.

The WIFE filed for support. Men can't force women to have abortions. They can use protection. If they don't, they have an obligation to support the children they father.

That is why he is dead.

Bullshit.
It would be big news in any case.
Thank God for the video.

It would not be as publicized or propagandized, as it is with Black or Latino communities the media will back.

Here is a case of Travis Allen, a white young man killed in a controversial case that led to a huge lawsuit:
Two Bullets in the Back Houston Press

Most people, even in Houston where it happened, wouldn't remember Sheryl Seymour, mentioned here:
One in three police shootings involve unarmed people - Houston Chronicle
although her killing led to historic changes in how police involve crisis training and intervention for the mentally ill

More people would remember Joe Campos Torres and Pedro Oregon, due to prolonged public protests
and demand for accountability and answer from the police:
Murder of Joe Campos Torres - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It draws more publicity in the media when the focus is targeting race to sell the hype.
Even with George Zimmerman, the media played him up as WHITE and played down his Latino roots, because black vs. white sold better in inciting more action, outrage, and public pressure on govt all the way to the White House.

With Latino vs. Black, you can get some hype if one of them is a Cop or Illegal immigrant. But people aren't as sympathetic, similar to Black on Black violence. Take for example the case of Rodney Johnson that people have forgotten by now, although this raised critical issues with illegal immigrants with criminal deportation records:
Rodney Joseph Johnson - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
If this cop had been white, shot seven times in the face by an illegal immigrant, this case would be cited to this day to push for deportation; but because he was Black and the shooter was Latino, the political backers of Black/Latino communities are not in a position to go up in the media against each other. It's not like Black/White racism that can be used for political points.

Maybe at some point, if the media burns out people's brains from reacting to black/white politics with cops, we'll focus on issues of crime, violence, police and govt abuses IN GENERAL and quit hyping the race card as bait.

Last edited:

Tough shit.

The WIFE filed for support. Men can't force women to have abortions. They can use protection. If they don't, they have an obligation to support the children they father.

Nobody, male or female, "has to have sex" when they can't afford children should pregnancy occur.
Since both Carson and Obama actually AGREE on microlending as more sensible support to help people,
how soon can we see welfare replaced with programs that require recipients to pay back through a business plan, similar to the training that comes with microloan programs. That way, people can receive counseling with their FIRST child they can't afford, and require educational and financial planning before having any more kids.

Tough shit.

Nobody, male or female, "has to have sex" when they can't afford children should pregnancy occur.
Since both Carson and Obama actually AGREE on microlending as more sensible support to help people,
how soon can we see welfare replaced with programs that require recipients to pay back through a business plan, similar to the training that comes with microloan programs. That way, people can receive counseling with their FIRST child they can't afford, and require educational and financial planning before having any more kids.

Would you mind posting a link to the fundamentals of the microlending proposal? I am not acquainted with the concept as it pertains to welfare and family planning.

I think referring to whites as crackers is like whites referring to blacks as *******. Kind of racist!

With the logic that anyone running away is a danger to police and citizens.

Land of the free.

Edit...We wouldn't be having this discussion if the video didn't exist, I think that's pretty clear.

Last edited:
Oh my heavens! I just saw the stills at the Daily Mail. Unfreaking real.

Cold blooded murder. Thank goodness someone captured this. All over a lousy broken tail light.

I can't believe what I'm looking at.
Yeah, shot for the tail light.

Not for resisting arrest, and running from warrants for the lowest crime of all, failure to support children he fathered.

It's all about the tail light, yeah, right.

It is all about karma.

Pay your fuckin' child support, and you don't have these problems.
You're a piece of shit

The video clearly shows the officer had no fear for his life or others. Yup, the video is a just view of the event.

The man who was shot attacked the officer and stripped him of his tazer.

"A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force."

—Justice Byron White, Tennessee v. Garner[3]

Fleeing felon rule - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
A valid criticism would be that the officer tampered with evidence. But the is nothing unlawful in shooting a dangerous fleeing felon...back front or sideways, armed or unarmed, in most states.
White would convict him. Video shows there was no dangerous fleeing suspect, clearly. Life for the cop, easily. Better keep his back to the wall at all times.

Probably...because he moved the Tazer. Dumb. Other than that, I bet he would walk.

The law is the law...and the fleeing felon rule as modified by under Tennessee v. Garner is the threshold for justified deadly force in most states.

Don't run from the police, don't fight with the police. It seems pretty simple.
Where did you get your law degree? The fleeing felon rule clearly does not apply in this case. The suspect has to be a CLEAR danger to the officer or the public to warrant the use of deadly force. He was unarmed and shot in the back.

With the logic that anyone running away is a danger to police and citizens.

Land of the free.

Edit...We wouldn't be having this discussion if the video didn't exist, I think that's pretty clear.

And that brings up a whole other topic. I was just telling my guys at work on Monday, to please keep in mind that today we have to always remember that the public could be videoing us (workers) and our behavior at any time.

Forum List

Back