Southern pride

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
What is it. Some people claim that they fly the con flag to express southern heritage and/or southern pride.

Yeah, southern heritage and pride...

moye-007-southernheritagesouthernshame-lg.png

Do you really care? I ask because 99 times out of a 100 when a thread is started asking what is this or why do people believe that the purpose behind it is simply to dismiss any answer given.

Southern Pride is very similar to Yankee/Colonial Pride..... it's about knowing you and your family have stood up for what's right against what's wrong in thus world. That your kin have killed and died for our country and what we believe in.

One can have a bit of southern pride. Lee was a great general. However, the southern battle flag is not the way to do it. It was introduced in the 1960's as a way to promote segregation. The battle flag lost any legitimacy back then. Now it does not celebrate seven days, gettysburg, Antitiem... It celebrates seperate but "equal", bombed churches, burning crosses.

Look up the definition of heritage and pride, dumbass.
I did, moron.

I can't see anything the confederacy has to be proud of so I decided to ask what others thought.
Are you asking about southern pride or Confederate pride? You seem to be using those two phrases interchangeably, which makes little sense considering the Confederacy existed only roughly 4 years.

Do you really care? I ask because 99 times out of a 100 when a thread is started asking what is this or why do people believe that the purpose behind it is simply to dismiss any answer given.

so is that your official answer..?
I didn't give an answer I asked a question and explained why I ask it. As for what Southern pride is it's different things to different people I'm Southern and proud of it if that's not good enough for somebody tough.

One can have a bit of southern pride. Lee was a great general. However, the southern battle flag is not the way to do it. It was introduced in the 1960's as a way to promote segregation. The battle flag lost any legitimacy back then. Now it does not celebrate seven days, gettysburg, Antitiem... It celebrates seperate but "equal", bombed churches, burning crosses.
It celebrates whatever the person celebrating says it celebrates. When Kid Rock flies it does anybody think he's celebrating racism? Or is he celebrating a southern-style of music?

Funny I don't see you race baiting liberals demanding Native Americans stop displaying their heritage and pride why? They routinely murdered white parents and stole their kids keeping them as slaves within the tribe. So, nothing to say? Thought so.

Funny I don't see you race baiting liberals demanding Native Americans stop displaying their heritage and pride why? They routinely murdered white parents and stole their kids keeping them as slaves within the tribe. So, nothing to say? Thought so.

most white Americans are the easist to pick on, and have the most to get something out of. They are also the most accomidating to other ethnic groups. Blacks are concerned with Black rights, Chinese are concerned with Chinese Rights, Hispanics, for Hispanic rights, but its the evil whites who seem to be concerned with everyone else. People who question why there should be southern pride are just lumping all southerners for all time with the Confederacy. They probably don't know any southerners or their families personally, but they can sure judge.

Forum List

Back