Speaker Mike Johnson has announced there will be no impeachment of Joe Biden because of lack of evidence

Found this, dated today.

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.), a constitutional lawyer by training, has taken a more reserved tone, both publicly and privately, urging members to conduct a thorough and fair investigation with no predetermined outcome. In a closed-door meeting with House GOP moderates this week, he indicated that there is insufficient evidence at the moment to initiate formal impeachment proceedings, according to people who attended the meeting.
He said he is not aware of enough evidence and they have to find and present it. He did not rule out eventual impeachment. You can't read.

Huh, insufficient evidence evidence hasn’t stopped impeachment before. Hell, they said “high crimes and misdemeanors are whatever congress says they are”.

I mean crap, they impeached trump twice with insufficient evidence….
Trump’s treasonous attempt to overturn a presidential election, disenfranchise millions of Americans, disrupt the peaceful transfer of power are also high crimes and misdemeanors.

BREAKING: Speaker of the House Mike Johnson just said “There is insufficient evidence at the moment to initiate formal impeachment proceedings [against Joe Biden].”This comes after he just recently said (seen below) that the evidence shows that Biden took part in Bribery and “Pay to Play schemes.”Now that evidence is apparently "insufficient." I’ve said it over and over again. Republicans will not impeach Biden. They will merely keep pushing this narrative because, in my opinion, they know they don’t have the evidence to show Biden did anything illegal. They will just claim that that evidence is there and let the media run with it.It’s all theater. It’s all an attempt to create these bogus headlines of “corruption,” “bribery” and “Biden crime family” narratives.

So, which is it MAGA Mike?

That is an old video.
The Speaker doesn't give speeches from the floor.
He gives speeches from behind the desk.
He's talking to the speaker.....when he is currently THE SPEAKER???

No.
Old videos don't prove your point...........

Something like 80% of them believe in a zombie God.

So....

And what percentage of you self-proclaimed brainiacs, who can’t seem to find an ID to vote, believe that a boy can be a girl with just a snip, a tuck and some hormones?

Now if only any of that fantasy of yours had actually happened...
Each time Trump was impeached was perfectly appropriate, lawful, Constitutional, and warranted given the facts and evidence of Trump’s crimes.

The unlawful, unwarranted, impeachment of President Biden absent evidence of wrongdoing is purely partisan – a childish, bad faith effort by Republicans to ‘get even’ with Democrats.

There's nothing anywhere about this.

This cannot be true.....because they've just begun to subpoena Hunter and James Biden.

This is bogus. No source other than a tweet.
“We’ll just go where the evidence goes and we’re not there yet,” Rep. Don Bacon (R-Neb.) said, paraphrasing Johnson’s comments on the inquiry at the Republican Governance Group’s weekly lunch on Tuesday. “Most of us are saying, look, we can’t even get a single Democratic vote on this right now. I think the voters will reject what they are seeing when it comes to Biden [policies] — but high crimes and misdemeanors? I don’t think we’ve seen that or enough data to really make a good case and I feel like [Johnson] really agreed with us on that.”

So far, House Republicans have not put forth any direct evidence that Biden profited from his son Hunter Biden’s work in Ukraine and elsewhere, nor has the president been linked to any potential wrongdoing in the probe of the Justice Department’s investigation of his son — the two issues Republicans identified when announcing the inquiry. Republicans identified two IRS agents who alleged the administration hamstrung the DOJ’s investigation into the president’s son’s finances. But the special counsel in charge of that investigation has flatly rejected that theory, as have other investigators and witnesses involved with the case. The White House has called the inquiry a “baseless, evidence-free” stunt.

Extorting a foreign leader for personal gain was a high crime.

Fomenting and aiding sedition was a high crime.
I disagree with your statement. There is no evidence that trump was looking for dirt on Biden to help his campaign. The mueller report and the J6 report said there was no evidence of collusion.

There was no fomenting or aiding anything. All you had on that day was a rhetoric laced speech, which isn’t illegal, nor is it uncommon.

Also, what does any of that have to do with what I posted. You all said high crimes and misdemeanors are whatever you say they are, right? So that means it doesn’t matter what Biden did. The standard for impeachment can be made up on the fly..

Yes, but you really ought to have evidence of the high crime or something. It does not sound like they do. Just how would it look if the new speaker pushed it forward, only to be slapped down for lack of evidence? If he is going to do it will have to stick or he is probably through. Not every Republican in the US House of Representatives is rabid batshit crazy with partisan zeal and their margin is not that great. The man, at this time has no intention of making that move, unless he knows he has something that will at least get it out of the house, without looking total, without a doubt a simple spiteful move.
Nah, we’re working off of a different set of rules since the dems escapades with trump. Now I says “impeach early…impeach often!”

He said he is not aware of enough evidence and they have to find and present it. He did not rule out eventual impeachment. You can't read.
I never said he did. Do you have voices speaking to you in your head? Take your medication and try to remain calm.

Forum List

Back