spirit, soul, & body

I tend to hearken back to a moment 13 billion years ago. That moment is my book, not a man-written book.

When you learn to see yourself in the birth of the physical cosmos then maybe you can skip the Bible fluff.

What book would that be, Mr. H.? When you buy a vehicle you read the owners manual. Do you not?

As we were made in Gods image do you not think it would be helpful to read the owners manual? ( known as the Bible? )

I'm not familiar with your Book of Mormon scriptures, Avatar. This video is based on the Holy Bible scriptures.

As to why would the video be important? I believe it gives a visual aid of the division of spirit, soul and body and how man was created in the image of God as a trichotomy - a three part being - spirit, soul and body. The Holy Bible is the Word of God and God has no qualms with man using a graph or a diagram to explain a point. There is liberty in Jesus Christ to use all sorts of teaching tools to help others understand the Gospel.

I do understand that as you are a Mormon - the Book of Mormon and your teachers have taught you that man is a two part being but my bible disagrees with your Book of Mormon in that man is made in the Image of God - Father, Son, Holy Spirit, a triune being and us being made in His image makes us a trichotomy - that is -------> Tri <---------- as in three - we are made in Gods image, in God's likeness did He make man. It is truly a wonderful teaching and I was blessed to listen to it and thought it good to share with others here.

I'm glad you have learned something that distinguishes my faith as a Christian and what the scriptures in the Holy Bible teach from your faith as a Mormon and what the scriptures in the Book of Mormon teach. That is a good beginning.

Considering I am quoting the Bible, you don't have to be.

You didn't quote the bible, Avatar. You claimed it was scripture and provided nothing. I have given you the scriptures from the bible which teaches man is a 3 part being made in the image of God - spirit and soul and body. Your book of Mormon may teach that you are a two part being but my Bible does not teach that. This will be my final response to this. Unless you have a scripture that cancels out the scripture I provided referencing a trichotomy - body, soul and spirit and we both know that is not the case. Thank you for reading. Good night.

http://biblehub.com/1_thessalonians/5-23.htm

May the God of peace himself make you holy in every way. And may your whole being&#8212;spirit, soul, and body&#8212;remain blameless when our Lord Jesus, the Messiah, appears.

spirit ,soul and body. 1 x 1 x 1 = 1 God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit 1 x 1 x 1 = 1. Yes, we were made in the image of God.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back